James Patterson Book Club discussion

You've Been Warned

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 6 comments Is anyone else currently reading this?

I'm new hear so I hope no one mines me starting a thread. I've been reading YBW for a book club (used to read JP ages ago). Its decent, not overwhelmingly thrilling by any means but I'm interested. Though I have NO IDEA WHERE IT IS GOING!

Anyone else out there want to chat about it?

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 47 comments I should be getting this in the mail any day now from someone at bookmooch.com. I can't wait!! The Alex Cross books are so suspenseful. I don't think his other books measure up to those.

message 3: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 6 comments I do remember the Alex Cross books being real suspenceful. This one is not the least bit suspenceful, to me anyway. I'm a few chapters from the end and I still haven't the faintest idea where it is going!!
Granted, I'm not exactly the solver of mysteries but I generallly have some ideas about where something is going, why something is happening, who may have done it. This book.....NO CLUE!

Be sure to let me know what you think when you start reading it.

message 4: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (ckd518) | 4 comments I read You've Been Warned and did not like it. I thought it was weird. Compared with the other JP books that I've read, I was disappointed in this one.

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Golden | 19 comments What are the details of bookmooch.com?

Ashley (bookworm84) (bookworm84) I read this one and I didn't really like it. It was confusing and seemed rushed to me.

I LOVE Patterson's newest books "Sail"! That one kept me turning the pages like there was no tomorrow!!

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 6 comments So ahhhhh, I finished it. I don't want to spoil anything for Suzanne since she'll be starting it shortly. I'll say this the title says it all...."You've Been Warned".

Suzanne - let me know when you've finished and what you th ought. Its a real quick read.

message 8: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 47 comments I got this book in the mail today. Hurray! It was waiting for me when I got home from work.

Bookmooch.com--community where you exchange books with others. Basically, you post books you want to give away. Others post what books they want & if you have the book, they'll ask to mooch it from you. You pay the shipping. You see books that you want--you mooch it from them. So, you can like 7.00 books for free. Check it out, it's pretty awesome. they can explain it better than me :-)

message 9: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 47 comments OK...so, I read it in 2 days. Yes, quick read but the story was so BLEAH!! No continuity, so confusing.

message 10: by Joe (new)

Joe Golden | 19 comments Have you tried Step on a Crack?It's a stand alone about terriost kidnapping the rick and famous in ST> Patracks Catreal(Sorry can'y spell.But I found the book to be good and its out in paperback too.

message 11: by Joe (new)

Joe Golden | 19 comments Thank you Suzanne

message 12: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 6 comments Suzanne....did you have ANY idea where YBW was going? I felt so clueless. Like JP had no intention of you coming even clos to figuring out what was having.

message 13: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 47 comments No, Roxy, I had no idea where the book was going. Clueless is the word for it. Seriously. You know, she was talking so much about the 4 body bags so much & the hotel, I just knew it had to be the four of them. In the beginning, when Vincent(chauffeur)told Kristin that he'd do ANYTHING for his boss, I thought he would be the one to do the killing. This seemed to me a deja-vu book. I would NOT like to see this book made into a TV movie. So disjointed.

message 14: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 47 comments I thought that I had read Step On A Crack but looking thru my inventory, it looks like I didn't. When I started reading his books, I just had to read all of them. I finally found one of his earlier books, VIRGIN, in the library. I haven't read the Berryman Murders(his first). Some say that's not a good one so I may not read it. Who knows?

message 15: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 6 comments I agree about Vincent but it also seemed "obvious", at least at the time it did. I could see the book being made into one of those bad Lifetime or USA movies. So bad.

message 16: by Joe (new)

Joe Golden | 19 comments Suzanne,I couldent get through the Thomas Berryman murders.I think he wrote that before he foung his nich,

message 17: by Ashley (bookworm84) (last edited Jul 28, 2008 06:01AM) (new)

Ashley (bookworm84) (bookworm84) I loved Step on a Crack!!

message 18: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 47 comments I am getting Step On a Crack in a few days by mail! YAHOO!!

message 19: by Joe (new)

Joe Golden | 19 comments I loved "Step on A Crack",Suzanne.

message 20: by Mandy (new)

Mandy I gave this book four stars, it kept me flipping through the pages like crazy trying to work out where it was all going, if a book can do that then it's got my attention and deserves a nice dose of stars.

message 21: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 47 comments It's just beyond me that someone could give this book 4 stars. I'm not sure what I gave it. Probably a 1? Did anyone see whether the critics liked it? I just thought of it--I didn't check.

message 22: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Well I liked it, each to their own.

message 23: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 47 comments This is true. This planet Earth would be a sad place if everyone liked the same thing. It's just that I usually don't like the same thing that the critics do. And that goes to movies & TV shows as well.