We Write discussion

Writing > Carina's Writing

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carina (new)

Carina Alrightee so as of now I'm working on two separate stories. One leans a bit more towards the Fantasy genre and the other is more Sci-fi. Here are the links and a brief description about each.

The Demon Queen

Evelyn Lockewood is just like everyone else except her mother is dead, her father is out of the picture, and she is currently being raised by her aunt.

But violent attacks, ruthless murders, and mysterious disappearances are plaguing Washington DC and the city isn’t safe for anyone and Evelyn is in the middle of it all. Soon she is pulled into the world that she was born to live.

The past is revealed.

Powers are unleashed.

The future has never been so unforgiving.

The Cold-Blooded Girl

Anwen is the best form of a human being there is. She's an assassin. Genetically modified to be used for the profession of murder. But when she witnesses something she shouldn't have, she feels emotion, the one thing that was extracted from every fiber of her being.

Now, for a change, she is the one who is being hunted down and is on the run to stay alive.

I'll be taking on a new project soon once November rolls around so these two stories will probably be put on hold for about a month. I'll post updates about new chapters and such on here whenever those pop up.

Please, please, please leave constructive criticism, suggestions, or any comments that you may have.

I hope you all enjoy :D

message 2: by Carina (new)

Carina XD you know what I totally forgot though? LINKS!!! How silly of me.

Ok here's the link to The Demon Queen for those of you who are interested.

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

And here's the link to The Cold-Blooded Girl.

message 3: by Carina (new)

Carina Teehee thanks Kelsie :D

message 4: by Carina (new)

Carina Ok so I've finally edited the first part of my NaNoWriMo story. I don't have a title yet and it's very roughly edited so bear with me. If you have any comments or suggestions, please leave them. I really want to improve this story wherever possible. Thanks :D

message 5: by Carina (new)

Carina Thanks to those of you who have read my NaNo story so far. I just posted the second bit. Enjoy :D

message 6: by Carina (new)

Carina Hey guys! So right now I'm editing Chapter 5 of The Demon Queen which should be fully completed by the end of today. I have a small excerpt right now from just the first page so I hope you all enjoy :D

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Evelyn’s back connected with the side of a metal trash can and caused brilliantly colored spots to shoot out in front of her vision. The alley rang with the sounds of the silver lid of the can, clanging as it rolled through the dark into a brick wall.

Slowly straining her head to look up, Evelyn saw the dark silhouette of the blonde haired attacker walking towards her. She couldn’t move. She wanted to scream and run away, but her body lay crumpled in a heap next to the freezing metal, paralyzed. All of her joints were stiff, almost glued in place and Evelyn felt that even if she somehow managed to lift herself up off the ground, she wouldn’t be able to run away.

She saw another figure come out of the shadows and grab Julia who was screaming at the top of her lungs. He wasted no time though, pinning her to the wall and clasping his hand over her mouth, muffling her shrill cries. Julia wasn’t going down without a fight though. Snapping her legs out at her attacker Julia aimed for his soft spot and tried to gnaw at his hand which was doing its best to keep her mouth covered. But it was no use because in a matter of seconds, Julia’s attacker had rendered her totally useless, holding her down in such a way that she wasn’t able to move a single limb to defend herself.

The blonde haired man knelt down in front of Evelyn so that she could see his face. The moonlight made his skin look pale white, but it was his eyes, black and full of lust, that made Evelyn feel terrified and defenseless. He looked at her and flashed an amused smile that fed off her fear. She tried desperately to squirm away as the man leaned close to her and whispered, “You really thought you could run?” he toyed with her as he chuckled lightly. Evelyn could feel his hot breath against her skin, tickling the hairs on her neck.

Evelyn struggled helplessly as her head began swimming, losing its grasp on reality. The alley was blurring together. The colors, the sounds all meshed into one as Evelyn’s eyes fluttered, fighting the urge to close themselves. No. Not now. God not now. Evelyn’s fear of losing consciousness was turning into something more like a panic. As the man continued to hold her down, Evelyn did everything in her power to keep herself from falling into the dark black circle that was beginning to take over her vision.

Just then, a dark shadow swept behind the blonde haired man. But it wasn’t just a shadow. It was a someone. The dark silhouetted figure crept up behind the attacker and a second later, a howl of pain was emanating from him and he toppled over onto the pavement, losing his hold on Evelyn. She forced her eyes open for only a few seconds to see the man thrown backwards and a boy with brilliant purple eyes staring down at her before the world went dark.

message 7: by Carina (last edited Nov 12, 2010 07:55PM) (new)

Carina FINALLY!! Chapter 5 of The Demon Queen has been posted! Follow the link and as always, feel free to leave comments whether good or bad. I want to hear them :D

Enjoy and Cheers!

message 8: by Carina (new)

Carina Chapter 6 of The Demon Queen is now up. YAY!! Please check it out whenever you get the chance :D Enjoy!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

*Does a happy dance* Can't wait. *Goes to read*

message 10: by Carina (new)

Carina Lol @ Kelsie :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw some of your reviews on other people's stories and quite enjoyed them. You're the second person I saw critiquing in such a helpful manner. Therefore, tonight, I'm going to read one of your pieces. XD I love to edit so it'll be my pleasure. Looking forward to it although I have yet to decide, which piece of yours I'm going to read.

message 12: by Amaranta, I might be insane, but then again, what writer isn't? (new)

Amaranta (foreverreader) | 346 comments Mod
Lou, if I may make a suggestion, read The Demon Queen. I hate her because of the way she ended the last chapter, and hasn't posted any more. *glares at Carina*

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha I'll check that out then. I'm currently working on reading somebody's short story and have to go to dinner soon, but then I'll read at least the first chapter. XXD

message 14: by Carina (new)

Carina Lou wrote: "I saw some of your reviews on other people's stories and quite enjoyed them. You're the second person I saw critiquing in such a helpful manner. Therefore, tonight, I'm going to read one of your ..."

Thanks Lou! I'll have a look at your writing as well to return the favor ;)

message 15: by Carina (new)

Carina Amaranta wrote: "Lou, if I may make a suggestion, read The Demon Queen. I hate her because of the way she ended the last chapter, and hasn't posted any more. *glares at Carina*"

lol *begins to type up the next chapter as fast as possible in hopes of avoiding Amaranta's glare* XD

message 16: by Carina (new)

Carina Here's Chapter 7 of The Demon Queen!!!! Enjoy :D