~Opinions~ discussion

Other > Sex

Comments Showing 1-50 of 171 (171 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Okay, so sex. There's a lot of things that can be discussed when you're talking about sex, but mainly I wanted to know your opinion on when it's allright to have sex.

I know some people think you should wait till you're 18, some think you should wait till you're married, some never wants to do it, and some just want it done as fast as possible.

Personally, I think that you should have sex when you feel like you're ready for it. If you're 14 and you feel like you're ready to do it then, well that's fine. If you wait till you're thirty, that's also fine. I don't think sex is something that should be restricted, in the sense that people have to wait. I understand that there should be a legal age; like 18 in America or 15 in Denmark, so pedofiles don't just go around raping kids, then saying that the kid wanted it. But generally, people should have sex when they think they're ready.

That's my opinion. What's yours?

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I agree you should do it when your ready or whenever you want to do it, if you think that waiting till after you are married is right then thats fine, and i think 16 is a gd age for the limit.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it's a very personal decision that every person needs to make for him/herself. No one can say a specific age because every person is different. I think you should be ready, but I also think you should be in love. Having sex is a physical expression of emotional love, and you should wait until you're in love to take that step.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I like 15. I know lots of girls who had sex before 15 though. It's not so strict here, 's not like you fo to jail if you're 15 and have sex with a 14 year old. I understand if it's a 30-year old and a 14-year old, wwhich is why the legal age is there.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Yeh i know people that have done it before then too, but alot werent ready and werent in love. I dont think your ready for it at that age =/

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe there should be an age of consent because making the decision to have sex is a very important one. It isn't something that should be rushed into for peer-pressure or fear of losing the person you're with. If the person you are with loves you; they won't mind waiting until you're ready. That having been said, I think a person's maturity level comes into play with a decision this big. It doesn't have as much to do with age itself, as it does with maturity.

I was personally very nerdy about preparing for sex. I did a lot of research on the internet and spoke openly with my boyfriend (now husband) about it. We aired our concerns and thoughts and basically discussed it to death before we took that step. Maybe it was the nerdy way to go about it, but it was what worked for me.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I dont think thats a 'nerdy' way to do it i think its the right way because i know that i wouldnt beable to do it if i'm not ready. But i dont think i would talk about it before hand personaly because i'm just not like that i preffer to deal with stuff alone. But i defo think you have to be ready and trust the person too.

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I don't know. If it's that big of a deal I mean. It's just sex. Of course, Denmark is very free-minded about sex, the youth mostly, but the oldies too. Of course there will always be an age when you're "to young", but that's so individual. Some people will always think that people below a certain age are too young, and there will always be people below that certain age who feel like they're ready and mature enough, and do it. As I mentioned, I know plenty of girls who did it before the age of 15, but none of them felt pressured to anything, and none has regretted doing it since.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I had to talk to my husband about it; because we talk about everything. I think it's important to talk about it. But that's just me.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Scotland is like that too, 'free-minded' bout it i mean, its not really a big issue here tbh. But i suppose me personaly its not too big of a deal but i still dont want to rush it.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know anyone who had sex that young. I was 17, but that's might not be the norm.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I'm sure i will talk about it to some extent but not tons 'coz i dont see it as majorly important, and i would rather think about it alone.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

You shouldn't rush it. It's something you can never take back. I'm glad I've only been with my husband, but I know people who have been with multiple partners.

I don't necessarily believe in waiting until you get married for sex. If you're in love and you feel ready to express that love physically, then I say, "Go for it."

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) That's probably true. Europeans grow up faster, or so they say. And I don't think sex is that big of a deal either. I intend to have plenty of it with many different people, though that might be the kind of info I should keep to myself.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, as I said, I'm nerdy; so I tend to take the nerdy route in most aspects of my life :P.

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Nah i know tons of people whe done it young, which i dont agree with, but i know people who havent done it aswel. Just depends on the person i suppose.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"I intend to have plenty of it with many different people"

I don't know if it was supposed to, but this made me giggle :).

Hey, if that's what you want to do...take the Cartman approach, "It's my body; I'll do what I want."

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren hahaha i never saw that you wrote that lol.

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I like the Cartman approach. It fits me well. And it is my body, and I will do as I like. Trust me, if you ever saw my Gymnasium Parties, you'd freak. Even for Denmark it's pretty wild, for most foreigners it's just about insane, what with the extreme amounts of alcohol and making out with a lot of random people....

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it would warp my fragile little mind.

message 21: by Emma (last edited Oct 25, 2010 03:59PM) (new)

Emma (zeeberg) It would do that to most people. Seriously. We even have an "article" just for "scorings" (this is Making-out and +). We have a statistick over which class scores the most. And sometimes a class will hit, I dunno, 70 on a night. That's more than two make-outs per person on the class, averagely. And usually they don't even have all the scorings. I think that sorta sums up the extremes that is the danisj youth.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, I think you're corrupting me, Emma. :P

message 23: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman For a man's point of view, I pretty much agree with Candace's posts. It's different for everyone, maturity levels should come in to play and it's better if you wait until you're in love. Also, make sure it's practiced safely.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments I'm all for being open about sexual activity and whatnot, but something about "scoring" has always bugged me. It seems a bit like it's objectifying the other person.

Personally, I think the ideal situation is waiting until you are in a committed relationship and are ready to deal with any emotional or physical results/consequences. The main point, however, is, at the very least, waiting until you're sure you're ready, and not letting anyone pressure you into doing it before you feel comfortable.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I wholeheartedly agree.

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I agree with the last part ;) Always wait till you're ready, but I don't think you neceserily have to be in a relationship to have sex.

message 27: by Jade (last edited Nov 07, 2010 12:47PM) (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments ........I think I might faint.

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Why?

message 29: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments .... Cuz I'm sure I'm the youngest one here

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) ... Okay.. So?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments Have all of the others' comments scarred your young, innocent soul for life? (I'm assuming that's what you meant by that comment; if not, just ignore me.)

message 32: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments I agree with u rachel. I'm running away!

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I agree Christine. It's different from person to person, and that's how it should be. Noone should feel pressured to do it when they're not ready, even if all their friends have done it :)

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Christine wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Scotland is like that too, 'free-minded' bout it i mean, its not really a big issue here tbh. But i suppose me personally its not too big of a deal but i still don't want to rush it...."

Woo another person from Scotland lol. Really not even the neds have had boyfriends and girlfriends?. Well at my school its like that with the neds/chavs anyways, they were all really care free about it when i was 14, but they all left at 16 basicaly so i'm in 6th year now and everyone that is in my year are all the ones that werent like that. But i agree that it is individual, but at the same time i think that within a society like ours its more common for people to be more open minded and careless with it than other places.:)

message 35: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Maybe I am missing the obvious (or it's a Scotland thing), but what are "neds" and "chavs"?

message 36: by Lauren (new)

Lauren LOL. It's hard to explain lol. But its just Scottish slang for someone that wears track suits usualy, the girls are usualy caked with make-up and orange with fake tan, and they drink, smoke and have sex at ridiculously young ages, and are the ones that get into trouble in school for doing really stupid stuff.This is a really long link and i dont know why lol but this is kind of what they would look like, but its a mild version lol.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl...

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Oh. Well the link was really long when i put it ther... lol :P.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments Gatorman wrote: "Maybe I am missing the obvious (or it's a Scotland thing), but what are "neds" and "chavs"?"

It's Scottish slang. According to Urban Dictionary (the most reliable source on the internet), a ned is kind of like a "ghetto" kid here. (The kids who try to/do drop out of school and go join gangs and all that sort of shenanigan-ry.) I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a chav is the British word for this type of kid.

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I think its pretty close, though i'm not sure they join gangs lol.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments Well, that's what I get for going to Urban Dictionary. XD

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

At least you tried to look it up :).

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Well maybe they do lol, i dunno i'm not one lol. But yeh least you looked it up. :P

message 43: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) a new question:

a few days ago, in a portuguese city, a couple of homeless people were starting to have sex (her breasts were already showing, her hand was on his crotch etc) i the middle of a very busy street where lots of families go. so what do you think happened and what do you think *should* happen?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Wouldn't they get arrested for indecent exposure? Well, wait; it was in a Portuguese city. Hm...I don't know the laws there. Here, though, they'd get arrested, I think.

message 45: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Here they would get a reality tv show.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha. That is sadly so very true, Gatorman.

message 47: by Lauren (new)

Lauren LOL. I think they would maybe be on the news here, considering it was right infront of a load of ppl and i dunno wot would happen really but i think fined?. Not sure they would be jailed, maybe tho.

message 48: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Im sad to say they were about to get spanked, but ran away. when the police find them theyll be punished (i dont know how)

message 49: by John (new)

John x (radishfriends) Despite what i said on the other thread, i am not going to the douche-bag that goes around telling everyone that being gay is wrong.

But through my religion (Lutheranism) i am taught that marriage and sexual relations should be between a man and a woman when they are married into a relationship under God.

Personally, i don't care if a person is gay, bi, les, because what should i care? What business do i have in another persons life? What i do care about is when people accuse others about being gay. I pi$$es me off how people can be such hypocrites when it comes to the subject.

People go around saying that they don't care if a person is gay, and they actually support gays, so when they call a person gay when that person said they aren't gay, it is like they only do it to be a jerk.

I think everyone should shut the Kcuf up about the whole thing and mind their own business.

Because if a person was gay, would you like them any less?

message 50: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Oooh, strong opinion, John. But I totally agree with you. And the same is said in our relegion; man and woman have both been born so they can marry/have sex with each other.

« previous 1 3 4