Warhammer 40,000 Fiction discussion

Horus Rising Audio First CD free

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian You can download the first CD of Horus Rising for free at the Black Library site.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Getting-S...

message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Chaput (stevec50) | 35 comments Might have to try and download it over the weekend. I just started reading the book at lunch today.

message 3: by Brian (new)

Brian Great book. The complete version of the audio is abridged.

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Chaput (stevec50) | 35 comments I got involved in a discussion of 'abridged' audiobooks in another group. Personally, I'm not a fan of that generally since I think you lose the flow of the book the author intended. Might be good if you just want to see if the actual book might interest you but I'd rather invest my time in reading or listening to an unabridged version. Just my two cents.

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian I agree whole-heartedly. Over the summer I listened to the Fellowship of the Ring on audio and I was miserable at how much it was condensed. The one positive was that the various characters were different people, but no Tom Bombadil and the events were out of order. I hated it. So I completely understand what you are saying.

message 6: by Sarah (last edited Sep 01, 2011 06:44PM) (new)

Sarah Davis (keamymayloken) | 61 comments I read this on facebook when someone found out about the abridged audiobooks. "Abridged Dan Abnett is like a Golden Throne with no armrests." which sums up my feeling on the subject... :-) I probably screwed up the quote a tad so that is my fault.