Gothicked (Gothic Novel Lovers) discussion

Gothic Authors > gothic books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MasterGamgee (new)

MasterGamgee I just finished putting all my gothic book titles into a Word document. Had more than I thought. I have to check one more place for some other books, as I can't remember if I listed those or not.

Useless trivia: I have a total of 320 or so. Some weird statistics: 14 of the books' titles begin with House, 12 begin with Dark. I only have duplicates of 11 books, and think I have the most books by Dorothy Eden, Dorothy Daniels and Victoria Holt. At least it seems their names kept popping up.

One title came up twice: Dark Enchantment, the strangest title: Too Late! Too Late! The Maiden Cried, grossest title: The Witch's Suckling, most vague title: Sweetheart, Sweetheart and the most interesting: Castle at Witches' Coven.

My head hurts now, I quit.

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill shure | 16 comments My sister Jan loved Victoria Holt. She passed away last summer. And though I bought her every Victoria Holt available, including books under other pen names, I never read one myself. Then last month I read my first one, Mistress of Mellyn. I couldn't put it down. So I just ordered India Fan.

message 3: by MasterGamgee (new)

MasterGamgee Isn't it great to find a book which surprises you? I've had many a book in the TBR pile just sitting there for the longest time and when I finally read it, wondered why it took me so long to do so.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Greer | 66 comments Mod
Jill, what a wonderful story! :)

Susan, I have that happen all the time with the TBR pile...

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill shure | 16 comments Thanks for your comment. My TBR pile is so enormous right now. Sometimes, I don't read as much as I should. Too much TV. Or I change genres. But I was so glad Victoria Holt was unique. Her books are probably considered romances today, but I loved her flowing style.