Moning Maniacs discussion

FEVER : General discussions > Afraid of book 5?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

valee | 1037 comments Mod
Am I the only one scared as hell about the release of book 5? I mean, of course I'm super excited, but I just can't be 100% excited because I'm terrified book 5 wont be everything I hope it is.

Anyone sharing the feeling? I know KMM has never disappointed us so far, but there are so many things that have not been solve that I am very afraid how everything will end.

message 2: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 352 comments Mod
i havent thought about being afraid, no. i just want to so bad that im trying not to worry about what's gonna happen. but this gets me wondering how she is gonna end the series.

message 3: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) I'm a little scared. I agree, Lady Vale, that there's so much that has to be resolved. I'm afraid it's going to just have to be poured out so quickly. Unless...KMM has been setting us up for answers and we just don't know it yet...

message 4: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

I know. But it's not only all the things that have not been solve what scares me, it's the fact that I can't know if she will resolve them the way I want.

*fingers crossed for lots and lots of Barrons**

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 73 comments The series could have just about ending and I'll be okay with it, as long as Barrons doesn't die.

message 6: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (mashbay) Can't wait and don't think KMM will disappoint. I'm rereading Faefever to get my fix right now.

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige (paigewaller) I'm right there with you. I am so in love with this series and I will be completely utterly crushed if it doesn't end how I think it should.

*fingers crossed* Seriously though, I'm afraid he won't come back until halfway through the book or something. I want him in the WHOLE THING!!!

message 8: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

I know that's my worst fear. As Barrons may be the beast I'm afraid he will stay dead half of the book and we wont see him until they get him back from the dead. Please don't let that be true. I will be bored to death without Barrons! He's the main reason I enjoy the series so much!

message 9: by Caty (new)

Caty (catyoc) | 4 comments I'm sorry to say that's what I think wil happen Vale, I don't want a book without Barrons, either :(

message 10: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

I know I believe this will be the case as well, that's why I have been playing it low for a while with this series. I don't want to see my hopes crashed. I just can't imagine how I'm gonna enjoy book 5 without Barrons in half of it. Bit I trust this author, she has never disappointed me before.

message 11: by Mariya (new)

Lady Vale wrote: "I know that's my worst fear. As Barrons may be the beast I'm afraid he will stay dead half of the book and we wont see him until they get him back from the dead. Please don't let that be true. I wi..."

OMG. i would hate that!

message 12: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments I think I have invested so much in the series that I am scared to be let down! I really hope that Barrons isn't presumed dead for half of the book! I will freak out!!!!!!!!

message 13: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) | 136 comments Yes, I'm worried she will gloss over everything in book 5, because there are so many loose ends. However, I'm hoping that any loose ends she's not able to address by the end of Shadowfever will be because she is using it as a spin off to a new series. I know it will be torture to wait for all the answers, but at least we will have more KMM books to read.

message 14: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) | 136 comments Lady Vale wrote: "I know that's my worst fear. As Barrons may be the beast I'm afraid he will stay dead half of the book and we wont see him until they get him back from the dead. Please don't let that be true. I wi..."

I know what you mean. In Dreamfever, after Mac left her JZB sexcapade, I kept thinking "okay, back to Barrons! who cares about Rowena!" LOL! I hope KMM was just intentionally not mentioning Barrons in the teasers just to torture us, not because he's hardly in the book.

message 15: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments I swear I always skip to the Barrons parts first and then go back to read the others! ha ha. We better find out what happened to Barrons on the first page or I will throw the book across the room! I have this bad feeling that Mac will think he is dead for half the book and we won't know where he is.... especially after reading some of the teasers. It sounds like she is going to be "working" with Darroc and there is no way that would happen if Barrons was alive. I think she is going to be out to avenge Barrons, and her sisters death for a good part of the book until she finds out he is alive..

message 16: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

lol girl, I'm ashamed to admit I did the same thing with the previous books. I read very fast searching for the word Barrons stopped there and came back to read the rest later,lol. It's not healthy to be this obsessed right? Barrons is too good and she better not killed him or use him in only half the book!!

message 17: by Mariya (last edited Oct 29, 2010 09:17AM) (new)

Theresa wrote: "I hope KMM was just intentionally not mentioning Barrons in the teasers just to torture us, not because he's hardly in the book.

ugh. he better be in shadowfever a lot. i will be so mad if he has a small part. i want me some barrons!

message 18: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

He just can't have a small part any longer, I mean this is the last book so last chance to be with her,lol.

message 19: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments I really hope so girls! Wouldn't it be cool if we got to hear some of Barron's point of view in this one? I like how in her Highlander books we get to hear what is going on in the guys head and the girls! I think what makes Barrons even more mysterious is we don't know what he is thinking and he doesn't say much! Can't we just have 1000 pages of Barrons in this one? ha ha

message 20: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

LOL, I'll join you on that prayer! No complaints from me on hearing Barrons side. I would definitely read a whole book only about him,lol, even if Mac wasn't in it. How cool would it be to finally reveal all his secrets!?

message 21: by Paige (new)

Paige (paigewaller) I know!!!! I did it too. I'd get so frustrated at the parts without him! I would definitely read a Barrons only book.

message 22: by Mariya (new)

barrons book!

message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine (crmcgowan) | 4 comments A book only about Barrons would be awesome! However I don't think the beast is barrons,IT CAN'T BE!!! Yes this freaks me out waaaaayyyy.... too much to think about. But I feel KMM wouldn't be that cruel to her loyal fans. Or her loyal Barrons stalkers uhhh... I mean FANS!(I hope *fingers crossed*)

message 24: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

definitely stalkers. Just ask me(Barrons lost wife) and Mer (having Barrons in her goodreads nickname),lol.

message 25: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments yeah, i mean took his last name for my own on goodreads!!!!! i am going to be so depressed when shadowfever is over!!!!

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) I just finished reading all 4 again, now I am listening to them on audio, which I was pleasantly suprised. It's better than most audio i've heard.

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments I just finished dreamfever again on audio. You pick up on little tidbits here adn there that you forget when you wee reading.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

What a great idea ... to listen to the audio before the book comes out ...... work it out that the audio finishes just as the book is released!

message 29: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) | 136 comments Faithmarie wrote: "What a great idea ... to listen to the audio before the book comes out ...... work it out that the audio finishes just as the book is released!"

That's my plan, and I've started with the Highlander series. I'm still waiting for one audiobook from the library. I hope I get it in time to finish listening to all the books before January 18, 2011. It will be nice to have that uninterrupted read/listen to the end.

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) I just finished the Fever series on audio. The first 3 books there is a girl doing all the talking, Dreamfever had a guy and girls voice and it was AWESOME!!!

message 31: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) | 136 comments Amanda wrote: "I just finished the Fever series on audio. The first 3 books there is a girl doing all the talking, Dreamfever had a guy and girls voice and it was AWESOME!!!"

That's Phil Gigante! He does all the Highlander audiobooks. I love his voice. Have you checked out her site since the update? Listen to the intro, its Phil as Barrons.

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) Yum! I will check it out.

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments I loved having him in Dreamfever, but I liked the girl's voice in the first three better. She has a little bit of a southern accent she would use.

message 34: by Mariya (new)

i loved dreamever audio just for that reason: Phil Gigante. I need to listen to the highlander audios....I like the girl in 1-3 book audio better also.

message 35: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 109 comments I always get scared at the end of a great series.
What if the outcome is not what I spected?
But also, Why does it have to end?
Its a mixture of longing, excitement, fear, anticipation, joy and pure bliss.
It scrambles my brains and leaves me kinda confused lol!

message 36: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) | 136 comments It is definitely bittersweet.

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 15, 2010 12:00PM) (new)

Carina wrote: "I always get scared at the end of a great series.
What if the outcome is not what I spected?
But also, Why does it have to end?
Its a mixture of longing, excitement, fear, anticipation, joy and..."

You described exactly how I feel when a series is coming to an end! :) Just finished Dreamfever earlier today, and I'm definitely feeling that now. I'm terrified, but super excited!

message 38: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 109 comments "Bittersweet"...."terrified, but super excited!"....

Now that is ecsactly how I feel! To name an example:

I bought Last Sacrifice(VA #6) as soon as it came out, but still havent read it!
I keep telling my self that its because I have other books that I need to read first cause they are due back at the library. But the truth is, as happy and excited as I am to finally have the book in my hands ready to read it. I am TERRIFIED of reading it and knowing there wont be anymore Vampire Academy.
Yes I know there is a spinn-off series but it wont be the same.
Maybe Im ridiculous but I cant help it. And Im afraid the same thing will happen when Shadowfever comes out! :/

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments I couldn't wait! LOL I had it at my sons wrestling match that night.

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 15, 2010 01:41PM) (new)

Carina, I know exactly where you're coming from! Although I usually won't be able to stay away for long. Sometimes though, I take a pause reading it, if I get to panicky, haha. I'm terrified all the way through those last books. Gah! ;)

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments I have an adrenaline rush all day. I can't slow myself down even though I know the feeling will end.

message 42: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 109 comments I KNOW RIGHT!! XO

message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 15, 2010 01:51PM) (new)

The worst part is when it's truly over though! I always feel so empty. It's like going from adrenaline to nothing. Usually that's when I sit down and re-read the entire series on the spot.

...And then I always talk about it for days, haha.

message 44: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 109 comments Haha I do the same thing! Its like Im obsesed and cant let go. So I re-read and talk re-read and talk hahaha!!

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments Wow, I do the same thing! I re-read it and obess too.
I just fly throw it.

message 46: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 109 comments I read like it was a race too! Thats another reason for re-reding sometimes I skipp over little details that I catch the second(or third) time around lol!

message 47: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 15, 2010 02:14PM) (new)

Carina wrote: "I read like it was a race too! Thats another reason for re-reding sometimes I skipp over little details that I catch the second(or third) time around lol!"

Oh, how I recognise that!

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments Me too! I am like wow, I didn't catch that the first time or there is that recurring idea, words or theme again. Or here is a definate forshadowing I didn't pick up before.

message 49: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 109 comments Haha well some people might think we're crazyly obsesed but I'd rather think we're reading for all those people out there watching tv.
Its a duty and honor that we must cary with pride........or something, hahaha!

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 15, 2010 03:36PM) (new)

Haha, I totally agree! And I'd much rather read than watch TV. Even if it's re-reading.

« previous 1