Susan Elizabeth Phillips Fans discussion

Other Books by the Author > Kiss An Angel

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ceci (new)

Ceci (heartcollides) | 26 comments Mod
Wedding Day

Pretty, flighty Daisy Devreaux can either go to jail or marry the mystery man her father has chosen for her. Arranged marriages don't happen in the modern world, so how did the irrepressible Daisy find herself in this fix?

Alex Markov, as humorless as he is deadly handsome, has no intention of playing the loving bridegroom to a spoiled little feather-head with champagne tastes. He drags Daisy from her uptown life to a broken down traveling circus and sets out to tame her to his ways.

But this man without a soul has met his match in a woman who's nothing but heart. Before long, passion will send them flying sky high without a safety net... risking it all in search of a love that will last forever.

message 2: by Ceci (new)

It wasn't one of fave books by SEP. It had a very different setting, in a circus. I couldn't warm up with the characters so much... but i have to agree that the book got better during the end. I know many people loves this book... i just wish i was one of them! ;)

message 3: by valee (new)

valee Oh no Ceci,lol. I hope I love it too because I'm saving it for later as it is suppose to be one of the bests. I have not read it yet but I have huge hops for this one. I hope I'll be one of those who loves it too,lol.

message 4: by valee (new)

valee lol, good to know. I always like books much better when I think they wont be good and they actually are. Guess low expectations are the best recipe. Although the books which did expect my expectations even though they were really high are the ones who impress me the most.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) This is my favorite SEP book so far. It is a fun and quirky book, but its also emotional and oh so lovely. I loved the H/H and the HEA was so romantic!

message 6: by valee (new)

valee So many have told me that. Now I'm dying to read this one so much!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 15 comments It's odd that I've never heard of this book. I've not seen it on the shelves when buying an SEP. I've not seen it when looking for SEP books in the library. This might be the first time I've noticed in even in the online forums. I'll certainly have to look for this now.

message 8: by Tori (new)

Tori (torie417) | 13 comments I was trepidatious about this book when I first started reading it because it was the first non-stars book by SEP that I read. During the first part of the book I didn't care much for Daisy and I really, REALLY disliked Alex and I thought no way am I going to like this book. But of course in the end SEP pulled through and not only did I end up adoring both the H/h but I adored them and now KAA is probably one of my top three favorite SEP books.

message 9: by Ceci (new)

Vale, I think you are going to love this book... but I had very high expectations. It was my first book outside of the Chicago Stars and it was a little difficult to say goodbye to those characters! ;) But like Tori said, in the beggining I couldn't simpatize with any character except Daisy but after several chapters, the book got really good. Not my fave book of SEP but definitely a good book.

message 10: by valee (new)

valee Can't wait! Thanks!

message 11: by valee (new)

valee OMG, just finished this one and it was so freaking amazing. I loved every page of it! I even enjoyed this one more than I did the Chicago stars which I thought it could not happened, ever.

So many things were so good about this one. I loved to see Alex struggling with his emotions. How he finally manage to overcome them. Also to see the heroine become the person she was destined to be and how she manage to got trough everything life handed her.

I adores the tiger and the baby elephant, they were So sweet,lol. And I definitely felt a lot of pity with the teenage girl. I wish this could become a series and we get to read about her more.I liked how everything worked out for Sheba at the end as well.

What I didn't care much was the whole Russian aspect of the story and Her father, I hated him. Also the wedding at the end was a tiny bit cheesy with the animals at it, but well they were tiny details in the whole story. This was my fav book so far!

message 12: by Tori (new)

Tori (torie417) | 13 comments Yay! I'm so glad you liked this one since I talked it up so much. LOL! Okay, next I'm going to recommend Ain't She Sweet. Colin the Hero in this book is absolutely one of my favorites which is pretty amazing because I usually prefer uber alpha men and he really isn't...

message 13: by valee (new)

valee I was about to start it right now but decided to read a totally different book in between. I wanna read something between this two books to have some space and to not finish them so fast,lol.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I agree with you Lady Vale....I liked this book better than the Chicago Stars. Alex won my heart after the whole "whip accident". I wanted to give him a big hug and tell him that everything would be alright. That part was so emotional!

message 15: by valee (new)

valee I was so sad for what happened. I cried! Seriously. At least he was ashamed of it right after it happened. I actually cried when he arrived with all the baby toys and she was gone!!!

message 16: by Rosamina (new)

Rosamina | 5 comments It's one of my favourites. All of you have to read it... The story is so tender and characters are really lovely, specially Alex... I don't think it's more sad than any other SEP books...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I remember so many reviews abut this book being absurd and not relevant and so on but I was lucky to have read the review after I had already read the book! OMG this is a book I have on my keeper shelf. I fact I have since bought it on my nook. I have read it a few times. It starts with a laugh and then is a roller coaster of emotions for me. I like fantasy and if this is fantasy I LOVED it. My glasses were sprayed with tears when I finished the book. I love Daisy... I guess I like nice sweet girls and brutes who soften and change. And yes he was a bastard......
This is one of my favorites of SEP. In fact I only disliked three or four of her books and I have read them all. One was honey moon one was about a roller coaster and I don't remember the others names. I am glad someone else liked it .... I thought I was crazy ....LOL

message 18: by Aline (new)

Aline (savedbymercy) I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive :(

message 19: by Rosamina (new)

Rosamina | 5 comments Aline wrote: "I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive :("

You'll really enjoy it Aline... Let us know when you read it ;)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

This book had the most laughs and cries for me. And at the end I was laughing and crying at the same time..... I LOVE this book!

message 21: by Jasja (new)

Jasja | 7 comments I absolutely loved this book! It gave me such a happy feeling while I was reading it, I actually can't wait to read it again. Daisy had me rooting for her with "awful wedded husband... hehe.

message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 23 comments I feel so alone on this book, I absolutely hated it. :/ Hated it even more on my re-read this weekend. :/ This is the only book by SEP that I really and truly hate. Ugh.

I did laugh when Daisy said her "awful wedded husband" though. I think that was the only time I laughed.

message 23: by Marziye (new)

Marziye | 5 comments I feel the same about this book Jasja ! I absolutely LOVED it !