Cheese and Crackers [A Roleplay Group] discussion

Frontier Roleplay > Frontier Roleplay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) ((begin when you have a charrie.))

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) Blackjack pulled his horse into the stockade and lassoed it to the fenceposts. He hopped off and pulled the key for the bar from his pocket. He slid it into the lock and opened the door. Immediately, the smell of beer and sawdust filled his nose. He smiled and began to open up shop.

message 3: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 1731 comments Mod
Talise slung her bow over her shoulder and reached her hand out to her younger sibling. They were headed to get water, but Talise always had her bow and arrows with her.

message 4: by Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (last edited Oct 24, 2010 05:18PM) (new)

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) As Blackjack lit the lanterns, his father, a big, strong man, appeared in the doorway. He smiled, wrinkles curling around his mouth.
"Good morning, Nathan."
"Morning, dad." Blackjack replied, not looking uop from his work. blackjack's father paused.
"It's gonna be a bright day." he said, looking out the window. "Those Cherokees will be out early." He spit out the word Cherokee like one would stay the word devil or demon.
"They're not that bad, pop." Blackjack said, setting up the poker table in the corner of the room.

message 5: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

"Come, Chula," she said softly. "Water waits, but family doesn't."
The little girl giggled and toddled alongside her older sister.

message 6: by Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (last edited Oct 24, 2010 05:33PM) (new)

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "You can say that," Blackjack's father replied. "But you don't know them like I do. I'm surprised you can still feel like this, after what happened to your mother." Blackjack winced.
"You didn't have to go there, pop." he said softly.

message 7: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

"Lisa-lisa-lisa-lisa!" the young girl sang. "I luh you, Lisa!"
Talise smiled. "I love you too, Chu."
They reached the clear, fresh stream they usually took from.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "Well, apparently I did!" he replied, his voice rising slightly. "Those...those...things, skinned your mother like a piece of meat, and you talk about them like you've forgiven them!" Blackjack stood up.
"Don't talk about her like that!" he cried, tears welling up in his eyes. He moved quickly towards the door and threw it open. He stormed outside, unharnessed his horse, and rode off into the forest without a sound, hot tears still streaming down his face.

message 9: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Chula danced around in her childish way, going a bit away from the riverbed. Talise tried to keep an eye on her as she got the water.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) Blackjack finally brought his horse to a stop by a river. He let the animal drink while he splashed his face with water. Suddenly, he looked up. A waydown the stream was a girl about his age, dressed in strange clothes. Cherokees, he thought silently. He slipped his revolver from its holseter and crept towards her.

message 11: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Chula darted over to her sister, jumping in the shallow water. "Lisa, Lisa! Look! Sparkles!"
Talise smiled gently. "Yes, Chu. That is the sun reflecting off the water."

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) Blackjack stopped at the sight of the kid. She's just a kid, the angel in his mind said. But she's a Cherokee kid, the other half countered. He raised the pistol and pulled back the hammer, the metal clicking loudly.

message 13: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Talise glanced up sharply. "Chu...run. Into the trees."
At her sister's urgent tone, Chula did just that, moving quite quickly for a child not much more than a babe.
Talise didn't take out her bow yet.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "You're a Cherokee." Blackjack said to the girl. It was a statement, not a question.

message 15: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Talise shook her head. "No. Iynu. I am Cree."

((Grounded. Won't be on till wednesday.))

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "A Cree?" Blackjack lowered the pistol. "I didn;t know there were any Cree in this part of the state."

((awww that sucks! See you Wednesday!))

message 17: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

((See you wednesday.))

"My family travels often," she said by way of explanation.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) Blackjack didn't believe it, but he let it slide. He walked over and sat down by the creek. "Sorry about wavin' my gun in your face." he said apoligetically. "I thought you were a Cherokee and Cherokees...well, they're not welcome here."

message 19: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) wrote: "Blackjack didn't believe it, but he let it slide. He walked over and sat down by the creek. "Sorry about wavin' my gun in your face." he said apoligetically. "I thought you were a Cherokee and Cher..."

Talise glanced over at him. "Not everyone is what they seem."

((not here...just checking. I'll be here tomorrow!))

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) Kenny [AKA Kendie/Kendall] wrote: "Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) wrote: "Blackjack didn't believe it, but he let it slide. He walked over and sat down by the creek. "Sorry about wavin' my gun in your face." he said apoli..."

"I know that's true," Blackjack replied, thinking of his father.

message 22: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) wrote: "Kenny [AKA Kendie/Kendall] wrote: "Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) wrote: "Blackjack didn't believe it, but he let it slide. He walked over and sat down by the creek. "Sorry about wavin' ..."

Talise nodded. "Some people have yet to learn that lesson."

message 23: by Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (last edited Oct 30, 2010 10:24AM) (new)

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) Blackjack nodded. "So what is a family of Cree doing way out here in the west?"

message 24: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) wrote: "Blackjack nodded. "So what is a family of Cree doing way out here in the west?""

"Making our lives," she said simply. "We like to see different places."

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "Where have you been so far?"

message 26: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

"My family stayed in the province of Canada for a while. I was born there, actually."

((it's weird to think that Canada wasn't a country until 1867.))

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) ((IKR?))

"Canada." Blackjack repeated thoughtfully. "Never been to Canada. Always wanted to, though. Plenty of open space."

message 28: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

((Very, very weird. I only know this stuff 'cause I live here, though. :D))

"You want to go? Most people don't, because of the weather."

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "Yeah, of course. I actually like the cold. I can't stand this heat."

message 30: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

"It's not all cold," Talise said.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "Really?" Blackjack was surprised. "I was told that the whole place was froze over."

message 32: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Talise laughed softly, clear like water. "Only the most northern parts."

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) Blackjack smiled. "So what's your name, Cree?"

message 34: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

"Talise," she said quietly.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "That's a nice name." Blackjack replied. "My name is Nathan, but everyone calls me Blackjack."

message 36: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

"Thank-you, Nathan."

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "For what?" Nathan smiled. "I almost shot you and your little-hey, where did your little sister get off to, anyway?"

message 38: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

"She's standing between the trees over there," she pointed to the left. Chula peered out of the lower branches.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) Nathan looked over and laughed. "Well, I didn't even see her. How old is she, three?"

message 40: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

"Just about," Talise nodded, beckoning Chula over. The young girl toddled over and stared at Nathan, eyes wide.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "Well, she's an awful good hider." He smiled at the child and ruffled her hair. "You must get chased alot. I bet that's why you move so much."

message 42: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Chula looked to Talise, silently asking if it was okay to talk to this white man.
Talise nodded to her.
The little girl nodded to Nathan. "Uh-huh."

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "That's too bad." Nathan replied. "I'm Nathan. What is your name, little one?"

On the other side of the wood, Sam Backman leapt off his horse and studied the tracks on the ground. The soil was soft, and a moccasin print was imbedded in the dirt.
"Gotcha." His southern accent souded softly. He got back on the horse and galloped to the east, the horse's hooves sounding loudly across the forest.

message 44: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

"Chula," she smiled. "Nice Nathan."

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) "That's a beautiful name." Nathan smiled again.

Sam slowed his horse at the far end of the river, still hidden by the trees. They couldn't see him, but he could see them. He was shocked to see Nathan Hawthorne talking to the Cherokee and her sister. He unholstered his Winchester Custom Grade 1966 model ((http://www.winchesterguns.com/product...)) and made his way through the trees.
"Hawthorne, you traitor!" he called across the river. Hawthorne looked up with surprise.

message 46: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Chula disappeared into the trees immediately and it was impossible to see her as she got further away, her steps quited by her mocassins.

Talise froze, trying not to reach for her bow.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) Nathan stood up quickly. "Backman. What are you doing here? Put that gun down before you kill someone!"
"Like that Cherokee, for instance?" Backman swung the rifle her way and cocked the weapon threateningly.

message 48: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

She straightened her back, her eyes not leaving the man with the gun. Note to self: never talk to white folk again.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) While Backman had Talise in his sights, Nathan whipped his pistol from its holster.
"Don't make me hurt you, Sam." He said, pulling back the hammer. "You know I will." Sam laughed and swung the rifle back towards Nathan, whose eyes were on Talise, saying only one thing. Now. Do it now. His eyes moved slowly to the bow strapped to her back.

message 50: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Talise didn't want to put her people into even worse of a light, but she had to keep those she knew safe. Lightening quick, she pulled down her bow and strung an arrow, barely needing to take a moment to aim. "Don't."

« previous 1 3 4