Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Urban Fantasy > Destined for an Early Grave

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments So Im almost 1/4 the way through this book and Im wondering where Tate is. Did something happen to him in the last book that I dont remember? He was one of my favorite characters and it seems like he just disappeared. I hope he shows up later in the book.

message 2: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments he will be in there later, like maybe mid-end or something like that but he isnt in DFAEG a lot b/c this one mostly focuses on the thing wit gregor and bones and cat dealing with that(wont say too much more).

i hope that tate is in this side of the grave a lot more than DFAEG though. i like him.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments ok thanks! Good to know he will show up sometime. I hope she gives him his own book. He is one of favs.

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita (a1momgram) | 32 comments Rebbca, Reading this book too. I'm really enjoying this series. I have to say loving the book but missing the kick-A Cat that I usually read about. I'm about 70% through so should finish it today.

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Im about 50% through now. Cant put it down, but I am missing the kick-A Cat too!

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments And done! I only started that book last night. Why can't I make them last longer! Now I have to wait until Feb. for the next one. :(

message 7: by Anita (new)

Anita (a1momgram) | 32 comments Ohhhhh it was so good.

******Spoiler******
The part where Bones is playing the piano and then he tells her how he feels. Just made my heart ache.

I'm glad to hear about the Feb book I don't know why I thought the seris was done. I'm going to read the spin off but have a couple other books to get in first.

message 8: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments i was glad that she was contracted for 2 extra books! yah! now there will be 9 books altogether!

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Anita wrote: "Ohhhhh it was so good.

******Spoiler******
The part where Bones is playing the piano and then he tells her how he feels. Just made my heart ache.

I'm glad to hear about the Feb book I don'..."

I know! I wanted to cry for her!

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Mariya wrote: "i was glad that she was contracted for 2 extra books! yah! now there will be 9 books altogether!"

Really? Last I heard there was going to be 7 maybe 8. 9 is awesome!

Alicia (aka Rozzie) Chamberlain (aliciaakarozzie) | 39 comments JF recently posted on her site that she was contracted to do two more cat&bones, making a total of nine, AND she's going to start a whole new series that involves Vlad. Not Night Huntress World, but a whole new one. She isn't sure of a name for it yet. I thought that was pretty awesome news also.

Here's a link:
http://jeanienefrost.com/2010/10/new-...

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments Rebecca wrote: "Mariya wrote: "i was glad that she was contracted for 2 extra books! yah! now there will be 9 books altogether!"

Really? Last I heard there was going to be 7 maybe 8. 9 is awesome!"

she just announced it recently.

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Thats is awesome! I love Vlad! He is one of my favs! Cant wait for his series!

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (fictionfan86) | 3 comments Rebecca wrote: "Anita wrote: "Ohhhhh it was so good.

******Spoiler******

I'm glad to hear about the Feb bo..."

Same Here, When I was reading it--I felt like he was addressing me! It's strange and wonderful how books can evoke so much emotion. I am really LOVING THIS SERIES! I do miss my Kick Butt Cat as well!!

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (fictionfan86) | 3 comments I have really enjoyed this book in the series, becasue It has been so different from the first 3! Although, I just can't wait for Cat to kick some butt again. I really love the strong female character role in these books!! Can't wait til February...

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Michelle wrote: "I have really enjoyed this book in the series, becasue It has been so different from the first 3! Although, I just can't wait for Cat to kick some butt again. I really love the strong female charac..."

I was glad about the change too. I felt like the first 3 were starting to get repetitive.

message 17: by Caramelle (new)

Caramelle | 106 comments Rebecca wrote: "So Im almost 1/4 the way through this book and Im wondering where Tate is. Did something happen to him in the last book that I dont remember? He was one of my favorite characters and it seems like ..."

If i remember correctly, Tate was transferred.
Partly Bones' idea to get him away from Cat.
Something related another team that needed a vampire lead. Hence Tate was trained well, he was the logical choice. But Bones' orchestrated most of it! :)

message 18: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments that was in book 3, at grave's end. most of the team juan, don tate, etc werent in book 4 b/c it was centered on the gregor storyline wit cat remembering a past that mencheres erased from her memory so that she could meet bones in t he future. but tate was only trasferred in at grave's end or that incident hat happened when tate and cat went undercover and were like half naked in car....well, u knoe if u read AGE

message 19: by Denise (new)

Denise (dshelton) | 59 comments I was less impressed with the 2nd of her spin off books featuring Menchere Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost He was such a bad ass in the other books I expected more. Seemed pretty slow and predictable.

message 20: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments I was disappointed with Enternal Kiss of Darkness as well. She didn't write Mencheres as the bad ass (IMO) as she did in the other books. He seemed like a softy.

Can't wait until Feb for 'This Side of the Grave'. I love Bones and Cat!

message 21: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments i wasn't disappointed at all, this was how I believed Mencheres to be and I enjoyed learning about who is was and about his past.

message 22: by Pearl Reads (new)

Pearl Reads (pearl24) I must also say that i loved this series and have been patiently waiting for Feb to hurry up and come around. LOL. Love Cat and would love to get hands on some Bones. ;)

I also liked Mencheres' story. I think because i expected him to be hard and cold it caught me off gaurd that she took him the other direction. Over all I enjoyed it.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) I agree...I hated that part as well! i felt so sorry for Cat!!
Rebecca wrote: "Anita wrote: "Ohhhhh it was so good.

******Spoiler******

message 24: by Benita Vehnom (new)

Benita Vehnom  Ruiz (bluebell7) | 114 comments Rebecca wrote: "Anita wrote: "Ohhhhh it was so good.

******Spoiler******

Rebecca wrote: "Thats is awesome! I love Vlad! He is one of my favs! Cant wait for his series!"

Me too!!! omg I was reading it and I started tearing, my husband looked at me like I lost my mind lol. Bones is the best!!!!! So can't wait for the new books

message 25: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie714) | 126 comments just finished this book today!! Loved it!!

***SPOILERS***

i was reading it last night and when it got to their massive fight it was heart wrenching! couldnt end up putting the book down until they made up again..

Love Vlad! love how Frost incorporated the historical figure into the mix... cant wait to read more about him in the next book..

very interesting the new developments with her powers etc... cant wait to see how that develops!

message 26: by Rebecca (last edited Nov 17, 2010 04:05AM) (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Sophie wrote: "just finished this book today!! Loved it!!

***SPOILERS***

i was reading it last night and when it got to their massive fight it was heart wrenching! couldnt end up putting the book down until th..."

I love Vlad too!

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) LOVE LOVE LOVE all these books. Can't wait for Feb to get here.

message 28: by Judy V (new)

Judy V (faefreak) | 88 comments I guess I need to read this series again!! I just love these characters.

message 29: by Debra (new)

Debra | 3 comments Hi new to the group, just recently finished this series, just loved it, just LOVED Bones!! Loved Bones and Cat as a couple and can't wait for the new book to come out. Really enjoyed the spin off books as well especially Menchere's book which surprised me, I liked even more than Spades book and I loved Spade!

message 30: by Ann (new)

Ann | 159 comments L-U-V Cat and Bones. Anxiously waiting for This Side of the Grave. Loved Spades book (read it 3 times) better than Mercheres, but they were both good. Don't know about you all but I like Tate. Love that he gives Bones such a hard time. Love their banter. I hope JF keeps him in the books for comic relief. But Annette....nah....not so much.

message 31: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Ewe, I don't like Annette and I really would hate to see her and Tate hook up again. It kinda grossed me out that they hooked up in the first place.

message 32: by Ann (new)

Ann | 159 comments No kidding!! I was shocked since Tate was such a vamp hater. Feel kinda sorry for Tate though, since he's still in love Cat. Love how jealous that makes Bones. Maybe JF will find Tate a love. BUT NOT ANNETTE!!! Don't think it's fair that Annette gets to hang around but Bones sends Tate away. I hear Vlad will get a series. Hopefully JF will let Ian have his own book when he stops being such a scoundrel.

message 33: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Ya I feel bad for him too. I'va always liked Tate and hope that JF writes him a girl too. I think that she will in the future. I love Vlad! I don't know about him getting a whole series but I heard that he's getting at least 2 books :) I love this series!!!