Xcite Books Authors and Readers discussion

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Could you put in a book link to the book on GR?

message 2: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Thank you! It looks great!

message 3: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Started this one this morning;)

message 4: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne I'm really enjoying everything about it Kate. In fact there's a little story about Subtext and how I came to buy it although it's too long to go into here. But I'm so glad I went back to Waterstones for a copy. I love 1st person narrative in any form (you can tell I'm not a prof reviewer LOL) so Subtext hit the mark for me right from the start.

message 5: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne I'll get the Waterstones story to you either via My wrting on my profile or as a PM, nothing very exciting about it more a surreal moment :)

Jo * Smut-Dickted * (josmut-dickted) I'm reading this now as well. I'm really loving it! I'll write up a review for the U.S. amazon when I'm done..I wish they'd be able to cross from the UK store to the US and vice versa!

message 7: by comfort (new)

comfort Kate wrote: "Subtext: A Modern Day Tale of Female Submission

Yup, the link is here :)"

Oh, I've just got this, it is my next read

Jo * Smut-Dickted * (josmut-dickted) comfort wrote: "Kate wrote: "Subtext: A Modern Day Tale of Female Submission

Yup, the link is here :)"

Oh, I've just got this, it is my next read"

You'll love it! It is definitely not of a lite read in spite of how it might appear..it is not like the Cherise Sinclair novels (to me)...very real voice and character..and I postively loved the opening chapter!

message 9: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne @ Kate Oh damn I'll be at work then....with no chance of even slipping out to listen:(

message 10: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Hmm... UK 10:30 means Continental Europe 11:30 or 9:30? xD

message 11: by ♥Xeni♥ (last edited Nov 10, 2010 02:45AM) (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Oh right, pm... *puts in an iPhone alarm*

message 12: by Toni (new)

Toni Sands (ToniSands) | 9 comments Good for you, Kate. Hope it goes well.I guess we can listen again via the website if we can't hear you tonight?

message 13: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Forbes (xcite) | 114 comments Mod
Hi Kate - good luck with this. I spoke to them this afternoon with some background info on Xcite and they seemed really great and their whole office seems to have read Subtext. He was really complimentary about it.

message 14: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) *laughs* I've been organizing my ebooks all evening, I suppose I can stay up for another 45 minutes, although getting up tomorrow will be a pain then! :) Best make it good!

message 15: by comfort (new)

comfort OMG I am listening to it now in Aust. The two blokes have just started talking, and they have just mentioned they have two men and one woman to talk to.!!!

message 16: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) 20 minutes to go or so... seems right. Guess I'll have to turn my music off now :P

message 17: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) hah! There's an iPhone app for that. *Cheshire Cat Grin*

message 18: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Talk with a cute British accent and you're forgiven?

message 19: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Student fees up to 9,000 quid? Geez, that's like trying to reach Harvard standards but falling way too short.

(And students here in Hamburg complain for the 250 Euros per month they have to pay...)

Great intro to starting to talk about your book, anyway!

message 20: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Hmm... the submissive woman has power and control in being submissive? It's a strange psychological concept, but it makes sense.

message 21: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) It would seem I need to explore my neck more... xD

Great interview! A lot shorter than I expected, too, though :(

message 22: by comfort (last edited Nov 10, 2010 03:37PM) (new)

comfort I wish they had let YOU talk a bit more, you are way more interesting than them!

Problem when the interviewer doesn't really know the subject matter of the person he is interviewing- easier to be really silly and jokey.

BTW Kate you sounded lovely. Great accent.

message 23: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) I think I can see that. I would never ever ever actually talk about mine! I'd maybe write something about it, but personal interview? Count me out! I think I'd just be feeling way too much pressure from society to conform!

But yeah, you did do great, although I had difficulty understanding you a few times (phone call on radio always sound fuzzy, and you have a cute accent which I'm not used to!) But otherwise it was wonderful!

I'm off to sleep now! Enjoy your high! :D

message 24: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Hi Kate great interview,you did really really well. I'd have loved to hear more from you, b/c you were interesting but Talk Sports always like that even with the football ltos of ads and babble then a short slot with something interesting. then more babble. LOL very frustrating I kept thinking get Kate on air!!

I always think the power in being a sub is the 'mental' power , mind over matter if you like, you know when you decide to do something that's out of your comfort zone then you submit and do it, pushing yourself,and the way your mind submits to doing that particular thing, the release you get, for me thats the power. The subject of power and who has control recently came up with another GRs friend she quite rightly made the point on her blog that subs never have actual power b/c if you're with someone who's stronger than you, no matter what they will always be in control.