Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Let's Get Specific! > Eyes of the Republic series by Claire Delacroix

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I've only attempted to read the first book in this series. It started out interesting enough, but I put it on hold for a while. Has anyone read any of the books in this series?

Fallen (Eyes of the Republic, #1) by Claire Delacroix Guardian (Eyes of the Republic, #2) by Claire Delacroix Rebel (Eyes of the Republic, #3) by Claire Delacroix

message 2: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments Ah, I was interested in those when I first saw them. I've read the author before. I think she writes this series, doesn't she?

Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, #1) by Deborah Cooke Kiss of Fury (Dragonfire, #2) by Deborah Cooke Kiss of Fate (Dragonfire, #3) by Deborah Cooke Winter Kiss (Dragonfire, #4) by Deborah Cooke Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire, #5) by Deborah Cooke

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Hmmmm.... Are Deborah Cooke and Claire Delacroix the same person? Either way, that's another series that I need to read. *Sigh*

message 4: by Ella (new)

Ella Drake (elladrake) | 26 comments Yes, Deborah Cooke & Claire Delacroix are the same author.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Ella wrote: "Yes, Deborah Cooke & Claire Delacroix are the same author."

I want to read both of those series. I really need to move her books up in my tbr pile, and get a few of her books under my belt.

message 6: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) So what is the difference with the books, besides the authors name and pen name?

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Jo wrote: "So what is the difference with the books, besides the authors name and pen name?"

Well, just based on what I did read of Fallen, the Eyes of the Republic series takes place in the future after some huge event, and has actual angels in it. The Dragonfire series is centered on dragon shifters, and is taking place right now. But I'm just assuming. I'm thinking I'll pick up Fallen again within the next week or so. I can't stand not finishing books, and I'm curious to see where that series is going.

message 8: by Windypicnic (new)

Windypicnic (garbagebooks) | 29 comments I haven't read the Eyes of the Republic series, but I have read the Dragonfire series. I found each book very predictable and generally disappointing. "Kiss of Fury" and "Kiss of Fate" are probably the best of the series, oddly enough "Kiss of Fire" was the weakest for me. I'd be interested in checking out the Eyes of the Republic series someday though, it seems interesting.

message 9: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments To be honest, Shiori, I don't like her books either. That's why I was disappointed to find she was the one who wrote the Republic series, since I loved the concept of angels in a futuristic series. She does have good concepts though.

message 10: by Windypicnic (last edited Oct 26, 2010 04:34AM) (new)

Windypicnic (garbagebooks) | 29 comments I'm glad I'm not alone, new_user (though at the same time it's a bit of a shame). I think you hit the nail on the head, she has some great concepts but the execution just isn't there. I came away from the Dragonfire series feeling frustrated because the ideas and characters initially appealed to me, but the books themselves didn't deliver.

*sigh* I do still like the idea of angels in a futuristic sitting too...

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I really like the idea of angels in a futuristic setting too. I know I didn't finish the first book, but it definitely starts out interesting enough. I haven't started it yet, but I have every book in the Dragonfire series except for Kiss of Fury, which I bought on ebay yesterday. I'm so disappointed to see that you guys (Shiori and NU) didn't care for it. You'd think I would've learned by now to at least read one book in a series before buying the whole thing. Oh well..... Let me know if anyone would like to do a buddy read, or something for Fallen. I wouldn't mind picking it back up sooner than later.

message 12: by Hmr28 (new)

Hmr28 | 71 comments If you like the idea of angels in a futuristic setting you should try Sharon Shinn's Samaria series for angels on another planet! It has a neat concept/twist.

message 13: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments This makes me think of Nalini Singh's Guild Hunters series. I really like that series. Or maybe that's just alternate universe instead of futuristic?

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Hmr28 wrote: "If you like the idea of angels in a futuristic setting you should try Sharon Shinn's Samaria series for angels on another planet! It has a neat concept/twist."

That's good to know! I found a copy of Archangel (Samaria, #1) by Sharon Shinn at a used booksale the other weekend.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore new_user wrote: "This makes me think of Nalini Singh's Guild Hunters series. I really like that series. Or maybe that's just alternate universe instead of futuristic?"

I've heard good things about that series too. I really like Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series, so I want to at least start her Guild Hunter series.