Babblers Who Read discussion

1 view
Too Much E-Mail?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by FranMag (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

FranMag | 16 comments You don't have to get e-mails from the site.

If you feel you are overwhelmed, click on "home" then on the right you can click on "edit my profile" and then on the right again there is an "edit" button next to preferences.

You can turn off all e-mail notifications and even turn off home page notifications, or what they call update feeds.

The group digest is an update of all posts to the group's discussion threads, you can also unsubscribe to that.

I'd hate for people not to participate because of something that can be controlled.

message 2: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Heather | 30 comments Mod
Oh thank you Fran! I didn't even realize that's what Hetty might have meant!

I automatically turn off all email notices whenever I join a message board for just that reason.

message 3: by FranMag (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

FranMag | 16 comments This site has a lot for sure. There's the group digest then the default is to email every time you get a friend request and then every time someone answers your friend request and then a looong email that tells you what all your friends added and any reviews they wrote, and that's daily unless you change the default. Then, if someone sends you a message, you get notified by email again!! It's pretty overwhelming. Better to turn off all the emails and just check the site for updates when you have time.

message 4: by Hetty (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Hetty Clews | 3 comments thanks, Franmag, my blanket is drying nicely now I know how to "control" what comes in from the site.

message 5: by FranMag (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:32PM) (new)

FranMag | 16 comments Awesome Hetty! As I said, I would hate for you to be discouraged from sharing your thoughts with the rest of us. :-)