~Opinions~ discussion

Books *SPOILERS* > Vampire Academy *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This is for discussion of Vampire Academy.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

So, who else has read Spirit Bound?

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Can't wait for December.
Gosh, it felt good to let that out :)
And I HAVE! Omg, when he was brought back from Strigoi! I was so happy! xD

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I was devastated for Rose, though. Honestly, I came around to Adrian, and now I'm not sure who I want her to end up with.

But I love Rose. She's tough as nails and doesn't let guys push her around.

Adrian has been so patient with Rose, but Dimitri is just . . . perfect. Even when he had Rose held captive in Blood Promise.

message 5: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments I don't like dimitri anymore after I read spirit bound he broke my heart so I will go for adrian for now... I bet everything is gonna change when the last sacrifice comes out.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know. You could tell Dimitri still loved Rose, even though he told her his love had faded. When the guards came to get Rose, he jumped in and started fighting. He loves her.

But so does Adrian.

So, I'm torn.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I think...
What do I think?
I think Dimitri and Rose have been trought oo much together, not to end up together.
But I would feel so bad for Adrian. I hope he falls in love with someone else then. Mia maybe?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Dimitri was so perfect all along...even when he was Strigoi. You could still see pieces of the real him. But Adrian has been there for her, been so patient and wonderful to her.

Oh my god, the scene in the Rose's bedroom the night before she was taken by the guards. Laugh if you want, but I read that scene, like, five times.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, and Emma, did you notice I edited all the thread names to include "*Spoliers*"? I did that so people wouldn't complain about being 'spoiled' :P, though I still don't know why anyone would join a thread about a discussion for a book they haven't read yet.

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yes I did notice, and I think it's great! It's like putting a label on something, so people cant take you too court, if not that extreme :)

And it's allright. I read every phrase with Dimitri at least twice :) Especially the one where he's sitting in the cell - The first time she really sees him after he went away from being Strigoi. I would read it, and then imagine what he was thinking, the pain he must've been feeling.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm talking about the scene with Adrian and Rose. I loved that scene.

I was constantly devastated by their interactions in this book. I kept hoping for Dimitri to return to his old self, but he couldn't.

And can I just say, it's a pet peeve of mine to have an otherwise awesome character say, "I can't be with you because I don't deserve you". That's always bothered me. I can see Dimitri's guilt over the things he did to Rose; the things he'd planned to do to Rose. But she forgave him. She went off in search of a way to bring him back because she wanted him.

When he said, "Love fades. Mine did." I admit it, I teared up.

message 12: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments I wanted to cry ='(

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

And what about the ending? Talk about leaving us hanging. I'm so excited we only have about a month or so to wait. You know there's going to be a spin-off series, right?

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yes I know. I just tried to made you feel better about being obsessed, by telling you how obsessed I am :)
- oh yes, what a cliff-hanger! Gah! I cant wait to see what heppns :)

Btw, don't you hate the name of the series? Vampire Academy, I mean Please. It took me a really long time to decide to read this. I'd stumbled across it a couple of times, but the Name - Vampire Academy - and the cover just "turned me off". Eventually I bought the first one though, 'cause everyone on goodreads seemed to love it, and Goodreads have rarely failed me :) Course I loved it, so I'm as addicted as the next person now xD

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I'm glad I found a fellow obsessor. Sometimes, I feel I'm totally alone in the world :P. The cliff hanger was so wrong, like Crescendo wrong.

The name of the series turned me off as well. It took me a while to pick it up, too. I actually got mine on a whim, like I did with My Soul to Take. I just saw it in the store one day and thought, "What the hell? I'll give it a shot."

I'm glad I did, though, because the series turned out to be really good, and I love the mythology Mead created for the vampires.

I have the first Vampire Kisses omnibus (given to me for my birthday), but I haven't started reading it yet, because the name is just too . . . bleh.

message 16: by Rayne (new)

Rayne | 49 comments The name turned me off too. I thought it was going to be boring and all that. Now, I wished I had read it sooner!

What's wrong with Crescendo??

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, don't get me started on Crescendo :P.

I'm just kidding. It wasn't *that* bad. If you've read it, I started a thread for it and Hush, Hush, if you want to talk about it.

message 18: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Wht do you mean by what's wrong with crescendo?

♫Rose4ever♫ ~ Katerina  Mikhailov  ~    (Team Dimitri/Gale/Jace) SB was amaxing i really can not wait till December!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Me either! :) I am so psyched to see where the story goes :).

♫Rose4ever♫ ~ Katerina  Mikhailov  ~    (Team Dimitri/Gale/Jace) I KNOW!!!! i just dont want there to be a sacrifice in the last book even though its called Last SAcrifice!!!!!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

It might be metaphorical. :)

Anyone read anything about the spin-off series, yet?

♫Rose4ever♫ ~ Katerina  Mikhailov  ~    (Team Dimitri/Gale/Jace) nope i just know theres gonna be like..i kindaforget 7 or was it 12 of them and i would like to see Sydneys point of View!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I think there will probably be 6 books, like the Vampire Academy series.

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Oh yes, who do you think it's gonna be about? The spin-off?
I think maybe it's about the crazy professor they used to have? The one who they figured out later had spirit magic? You know, she was in love with a Dhampir, but then she turned Strigoi by will, and he set of to kill her. Maybe it's about them.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know? I know Sydney is going to be the narrator.

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Seriously? That's awesome! She's so cool!

message 28: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Um u mean the Sydney rose met in Siberia?

message 29: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yes, that one :) - Is there another Sidney? :o

message 30: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Candace (Amare Infinitum) wrote: "I don't know? I know Sydney is going to be the narrator."

I don't get this!!

And Emma I'm positively sure tht there is only one Sydney in VA!!! Lol

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, she's the alchemist Rose met in Blood Promise.

message 32: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yay! She was awesome! I hope she falls in love :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Me, too. She seemed like some love might help her out a bit. She was kind of cold when Rose first met her, but I warmed up to her by the end.

Oh, and Richelle Mead actually said on her site that Rose was going to make a cameo in the new series, but I would have thought something like that would be spoilery, given the context of Last Sacrifice, but she could just mean that Rose shows up in *some* form, because I kind of thought the fear of Rose living or dying was part of the last book.

message 34: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Ah, yes. But I never thought Rose would die. Maybe she does though, I couldn't say. But I think the sacrafuice is something else, something more...

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I still say it could be a metaphor. Or, I'm hoping it's a metaphor :).

BTW, how lame is it that I'm excited about Cassandra Clare thanking me on the Q&A Discussion boards this morning? If it's lame, I'm cool with it, because it made me smile :).

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Apparently, there is a school in Texas that has banned the entire Vampire Academy series due to "strong sexual content and nudity". However, book six hasn't even been released yet, so they can't make comment about the content. Also, the banning was done before the sixth book was even written. Here's a quote from the blog that I thought was funny.

Stephenville ISD is "so committed to censorship that they are shattering the space-time continuum to literally ban books from the future," Chris Sims of Comics Alliance wrote this week.

I think it's so incredibly narrow-minded to ban a book period, much less before it's even been written. Now, I admit, there are some steamy scenes in the series, but nothing gratuitous or vulgar. In fact, I thought the scenes were very tastefully done.

Anyway, feel free to rant. I've already had a hissy-fit over it.

message 37: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Lol =)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

See, I can get heated, too :P.

message 39: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Lol!!! I wanna be honest with u guys but I kinda am scared to talk here it's just I don't know how to say it.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't be scared to talk to us :). We want to hear what people think; that's the reason for this group :).

message 41: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Yeah but this group kinda Is kinda scary <(•_•<)

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

We don't mean to be. We're just very passionate and opinionated :).

message 43: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Lol yeah I guess. Amina, mine, Rayne, Rose4ever and Raghad group always jokes around that's wht makes it more open I think. U guys should do tht too =)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

We joke around a lot, too; it just might not be in every thread. :)

message 45: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Lol

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Well, seeing as you're part of the group, you're welcome to joke around too.

message 47: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) OMG! LS IS OUT TODAY!!!!! NOOOOOO! THIS IS GOING TO RUIN MY SOCIAL-LIFE AND MY HW!!!