College Students! discussion

college talk > Which college to choose??

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Knarik (last edited Oct 22, 2010 10:27PM) (new)

Knarik Which is better USC, UCLA or UC Berkeley ???

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily  O (readingwhilefemale) | 487 comments Oh, I have no idea. What are you going for? Maybe you could figure out which one has the best program in what you're looking to do and choose that way.

message 3: by Mandee (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 378 comments Depends on what your major is. But of the three I think Berkeley is the better overall school. USC and UCLA are more about the name. And football.

But I'm with Emily, it's all about the program. See which school has the better program for what you're going into and choose that one.

Personally, if I had a choice, I'd go with Berkeley, though.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily  O (readingwhilefemale) | 487 comments Yeah, if I had to choose one without any preference for a particular program I'd choose Berkeley too.

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana (smiffyblues) USC is super expensive and in a semi-dangerous location, so I personally would not go there without a crazy scholarship! My bestbuddy goes there, but she has a 30k scholarship each year, so ... lol. I think there was Obama, Kal Penn, Justin Bieber, and some Korean popstar on their campus just in the past two weeks!! I think this is where to go if you want a gr8 education and want to like rush or something.. The school is super big on their soror/fratern-ities! seriously forliFE connections going on there..

Berkeley is definitely the most focused on academics out of the three. It's super super competitive, even after you get in!! I see LA as a school of geniuses who love to party and have fun and be social, etc, while Berkeley is a school of geniuses who are trying to fulfill their genius potential, while occasionally taking a break and having fun! -_- OF COURSE, this is a personal opinion!!

Lol personally I'd choose Berkeley also ...

Well as far as schools go, these are all pretty great education-wise .. You'll end up learning a lot of material and probably learning it WELL, no matter which uni you choose :)

message 6: by Knarik (new)

Knarik Thanks a lot for comments. The major is Political Science and all of them have great programs for my major. I want to go to Berkeley, but the other two have their advantages as well. So the choice is really hard and important.

message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana (smiffyblues) Joseph Gordon Levitt is going to UCLA!!!!! AHHHHHH