YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Pump up the Group!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Okay soo how can i make this group better?? is there anything you guys want to see happen or want to see less of?? let me know!

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments I really enjoy the group as it is!!! Maybe we could have a section for games or something? Like Cover Find... I don't know. Just an idea. Everything is so good in the group, I can't really think of any ideas.

message 3: by Tory (new)

Tory I also can't think of any else the group needs. I like it the way it is now but if I have any ideas I'll let you know.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin | 6 comments Of all of the groups I have joined, this one is my favorite. The people are respectful, the book selections rock and the challenges are fun to figure out. I wouldn't change a thing!

message 5: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

You have made my day Erin!!!XD

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Erin wrote: "Of all of the groups I have joined, this one is my favorite. The people are respectful, the book selections rock and the challenges are fun to figure out. I wouldn't change a thing!"

I completely agree Erin!

message 7: by Camilla (last edited Nov 03, 2010 11:22AM) (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments I too agree with Erin! But I also like the idea about games.

message 8: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

what kind of games would you like to see??

message 9: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Ummm... I don't know. I like the cover search one. Where someone posts an idea, like "Find A Cover With A Nut" on it & the next person finds that cover & post it & then they come up with another like "Find A Book With A Girl Wearing Shorts" or something... Just an idea. Maybe other people can think of other book games.

message 10: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments That sounds like fun!

There are a few games that I play in another group...I don't want to say just in case there is some don't-tell rule I don't know about! lol...

You could do something that involves book quotes. Ex: PERSON 1:"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." PERSON 2: Edward Cullen;Twilight ... "(they insert a book quote here)" ... maybe? Maybe that's too crazy of an idea. But I really love the book cover one!

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin | 6 comments Both games sound like fun.

message 12: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments I like Camilla'a too!

message 13: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Okay i will set both up! :) cuz i love both ideas

message 14: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments YAY! GAMES!

message 15: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol XD

message 16: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Should we have a "Just Want To Chat" subject or something where we can just talk about whatever... Or do we already have one of those & I just can't find it?

message 17: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

we dont have one i will add it right now :)

message 18: by Cari (new)

Cari Walker I like the games idea and the Just want to chat idea.

message 19: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

:) we have both in the games thread :)

message 20: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Hey. How about a thread where everyone can share there splurges... What all they have bought, good prices they have found, what all they got for Christmas... Or do we have one of those? I don't think we do?

message 21: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

nope we dont ill add it :)

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Lol, in other words a haul topic? I think that'd be fun!

message 23: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Exactly Meg! lol

message 24: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) @Catherine thats a good idea!

message 25: by Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (last edited Dec 30, 2010 11:54PM) (new)

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Okay so, I know that this sounds weird. But, I threw out the suggestion to Aiyanna a while ago about I guess making the group either private or only available for Goodreads members to view. I was just sort of curious as to what everyone thought about it. Part of the reason why I hardly ever post anymore is because someone I know searched my screen name which I use for everything (stupid freaking me) and like printed out an RP from here that I participated in and I'm seriously not hearing the end of it. It's kind of ruined my social life, as dramatic as that sounds. No one around here really gets it, I guess.

Oh, and not to mention totally getting hated on for my paranormal fantasy obsession.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Wow that sucks. Can't believe someone would be such an ass.

message 27: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) @Meg that sucks! And its stupid people hate on you for that obsession! Seriously so many people have been obsessed with Paranormal fantasy since twilight came out. >.<

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) @Stacia I know right?! So effing lame. I know a while ago, you asked me why I haven't been around, and I said it was finals. It was pretty much finals mixed with the fact that I'm kind of getting hassled about posting here.

@Britnee Yea, a lot of people don't really openly talk about it though, I guess. People are hopping on the 'I hate anything even remotely resembling Twilight' bandwagon. I also have a really closed-minded group of friends. They're stuck up bitches. Lol.

message 29: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Meg wrote: "Okay so, I know that this sounds weird. But, I threw out the suggestion to Aiyanna a while ago about I guess making the group either private or only available for Goodreads members to view. I was j..."
omg i will make the group private okay for so that they cant do anything like that to you :( im sooo sorry!!

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Artemis wrote: "omg i will make the group private okay for so that they cant do anything like that to you :( im sooo sorry!! "

Aiyanna, you're the sweetest!! Thank you so much! I think it'll all blow over soon.. school's starting back soon so hopefully the herd will get bored with it, and with the group going private or whatever, they won't have any more fodder. I've made myself pretty scarce since winter break started, anyway.

message 31: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments People are so ridiculous. I mean, who cares what you do with your free time? Jeez.

message 32: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Meg wrote: "@Stacia I know right?! So effing lame. I know a while ago, you asked me why I haven't been around, and I said it was finals. It was pretty much finals mixed with the fact that I'm kind of getting h..."

That totally sucks! People shouldn't assume every book is like Twilight >.< your friends should respect your interests D;

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Well...maybe if she put on a furry costume and joined a community. Then people might be able to say something.

Anything short of that is pretty tame.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Catherine wrote: "People are so ridiculous. I mean, who cares what you do with your free time? Jeez."

Jesus, right?! Like I said, the girls in my circle of friends are a bunch of ignorant cows who have probably never read a whole book in their lives.

I mean, I'm better off without people like that in my life, but I wish I didn't hear shit about it at every turn, you know? And the stuff that they're saying isn't even true. They actually think that the books that I read are about witchcraft, demons, and sex or whatever. Honestly, the whole thing doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. I kind of asked what the big deal was, and nobody could give me a straight answer. So, I just said fuck it and proceded to read my demonic witchcraft sex books. Lol.

message 35: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Ha! True, true. I could see saying something about that.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Meg wrote: "Catherine wrote: "People are so ridiculous. I mean, who cares what you do with your free time? Jeez."

Jesus, right?! Like I said, the girls in my circle of friends are a bunch of ignorant cows who..."

Back in the day when Twilight was still fairly new, my mom thought it was a horror story.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Demonic witchcraft sex book? Sounds like a few adult PNRs I've come across recently, lmao.

Not so much in YA though.

message 38: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Back when Twilight was new I though R Pattz was hot. Ewww.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Stacia (impatient for Shadowfever) wrote: "Demonic witchcraft sex book? Sounds like a few adult PNRs I've come across recently, lmao.

Not so much in YA though."

I don't even really understand what the big deal is. I'll just blame it on the fact that I go to a Catholic school and everyone there is ignorant and they suck.
The books that I read aren't even really demonic or sexy-fied, and even if they are, I don't really know why it matters so much. Like I said, when I asked I couldn't really get a straight answer so I just gave up and just kept right on doing what I was doing.

message 40: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) You are allowed to have your own opinions of stuff and your friends should respect them!

message 41: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments If they don't, they aren't very good friends. Which I'm sure you know, but still.

message 42: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Meg wrote: "Catherine wrote: "People are so ridiculous. I mean, who cares what you do with your free time? Jeez."

Jesus, right?! Like I said, the girls in my circle of friends are a bunch of ignorant cows who..."

Go demonic witchcraft sex books!!! lol but seriously i hear ya people can be beyond lame sometimes the best thing to do is not react when they say something just be whatever about it it will die out soon enough i mean everyone has something they are into so you like books that is hardly the worst thing you could be into. friends are lame like that though sometimes they want you to conform to them and what they like but its better to be you and you do that you are one of the best members in this group and i was sad when you wernt posting as much :( i hope your friends stop soon its not fair to you

message 43: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Artemis wrote: "Meg wrote: "Catherine wrote: "People are so ridiculous. I mean, who cares what you do with your free time? Jeez."

Jesus, right?! Like I said, the girls in my circle of friends are a bunch of ignor..."

This ^_^

message 44: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

:)

message 45: by Alison (new)

Alison | 234 comments Meg wrote: "Okay so, I know that this sounds weird. But, I threw out the suggestion to Aiyanna a while ago about I guess making the group either private or only available for Goodreads members to view. I was j..."

Meg, Stand up and be proud of the fact you love Paranormal Fantasy. Let's face it the real world is so crappy and it's not getting any better why wouldn't you want to escape somewhere else. I openly tell people that I'm so fed up with the real world that's why I decided to create my own. I live in a very religious area and no one has frowned on me yet :-) and I haven't lost any clients from my "day job" of being an accountant either.

Don't let others get you down, if you want to escape reality like a heck of alot of other people, you go for it girlfriend! Whoever is doing this is certainly not worth your time or effort of worrying over. There is nothing wrong with living in fantasy land, it's so much better than the real thing. IMO

message 46: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments That's very inspirational!

I agree. And like Dr. Seuss said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

message 47: by Alison (new)

Alison | 234 comments Camilla wrote: "That's very inspirational!

I agree. And like Dr. Seuss said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.""

Camilla, I LIKE that saying :-)

message 48: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments Me too! Love Dr. SEUSS!

*Mrs. Brightside* That's a nice group of friends >.<

message 50: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i agree i think you should just say "screw them" if they dont get why you love reading and why paranormal books are soooo fricken awesome!! then its there loss and you know what i bet you they all have "Team Edward/ Jacob" tee shirts and read Twilight under their bed covers with a flashlight cuz they are to scared to be them selves and say "HEY i love Twilight!! and Vampires (especially sexy ones( ie Damon))!!!!" lol most people are like that my Papa always used to say "The person who points the finger has 3 pointing back at themselves"

« previous 1