~Opinions~ discussion

Science > Big Bang Theory

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Do u blv in it? I dn't

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Personally, I do, but that's just me.

♫Rose4ever♫ ~ Katerina  Mikhailov  ~    (Team Dimitri/Gale/Jace) im not rlly sure wat that is??? ive wondered but never asked..

message 4: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) it's a beleif abt how this world came into being. there was a big bang and the world kind of evolved.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, rose4ever, here is a link if you want some information on it.

http://science.nationalgeographic.com...

♫Rose4ever♫ ~ Katerina  Mikhailov  ~    (Team Dimitri/Gale/Jace) ohhh okay i understand. and what i think is probably in my religious belief i guess. thats how i always saw it and or i always think its just always been like that.....im not a great thinker thts for sure 'its just always been like that' also like all of a sudden their were humans. but some say something about the neanthedrals, i think their called that their like ancient ancestors of ours. but this is just a gess and something i heard on televvision (and no it was no cartton)..

message 7: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Dnt u blv that God created the Earth? and humans

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Amina, are you talking to me or rose4ever?

♫Rose4ever♫ ~ Katerina  Mikhailov  ~    (Team Dimitri/Gale/Jace) ya that is wat i think i think it was Adam and Eve who came down to earth first and thats kinda wat i usually think

message 10: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Rose4evr.

and so u think it was God who created evrything, rise? or not

♫Rose4ever♫ ~ Katerina  Mikhailov  ~    (Team Dimitri/Gale/Jace) YES I DOO

im getting a bit confused thugh.

♫Rose4ever♫ ~ Katerina  Mikhailov  ~    (Team Dimitri/Gale/Jace) but that is my answer and wat i always think

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren i believe in it. Because there isnt another logical explination.

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Well said Lauren. I might have faith in God yadayadayada, but there's no logic in God creating the universe. The Big Bang theory is the most logical explenation I've heard, and it does make pretty good sense. So yeah, I believe in Big Bang.

message 15: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "Well said Lauren. I might have faith in God yadayadayada, but there's no logic in God creating the universe. The Big Bang theory is the most logical explenation I've heard, and it does make pretty ..."

Why is there no logic in God creating the universe? If you believe in God being all-powerful, couldn't God be responsible for creating the elements behind the big bang?

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Gatorman wrote: "Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "Well said Lauren. I might have faith in God yadayadayada, but there's no logic in God creating the universe. The Big Bang theory is the most logical explenation I've..."

Uh-huh. But I don't believe that God is all-powerfull like that. As I mention a lot in here, I'm not a serious believer like that. I think he's the good in all people, and a power that helps us on our way. Whatever, we can talk about my believes in relegion subjects.

message 17: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "Gatorman wrote: "Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "Well said Lauren. I might have faith in God yadayadayada, but there's no logic in God creating the universe. The Big Bang theory is the most logical..."

Fair enough. Most poeple believe in God as creator so I was curious as to why you would not believe that God could create the universe through the big bang. If you have a different view of God's function, then I get your position.

message 18: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) How is it logical? Where did that one small particle cum from?

message 19: by Rayne (new)

Rayne | 49 comments I believe in the big bang...well maybe that and other stuff too. Did you know that they found a new planet???

message 20: by Rayne (new)

Rayne | 49 comments Its three times bigger than earth and there is a blackhole near it so people think it came from the other side of the dimension.

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) http://science.nationalgeographic.com...

AND

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

- Read those, then give me a more logical explenation.

message 22: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Yeh I heard abt dat, Ray!

and why d'u blv in the Big Bang? For the millionth time, it doesn't make sense. Why can't ppl jus have faith

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I was talking to my husband about this thread last night, and he said it has nothing to do with believing or not believing in the big bang theory, it has to do with accepting or not accepting it, since belief has nothing to do with it.

I have to say, I agree with the way he said this, and I rephrase my first comment on this thread: I accept the big bang theory.

message 24: by Rayne (new)

Rayne | 49 comments Actually, I kind of think its different. I believe God created all this.

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Rj Amina wrote: "Yeh I heard abt dat, Ray!

and why d'u blv in the Big Bang? For the millionth time, it doesn't make sense. Why can't ppl jus have faith"

Not everybody believes in a 2000-year old, very altered book. And don't take offence, it's my book too. But you do know how much the Bible is altered, right? It's hard to believe everything it says, when so many people have changed it, removed phrases, chapters even.
So on one side we have relegions, which may have been dictated by God - but certainly written, altered and generally changed by humans.
On the other hand, we have cold, hard facts.

message 26: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) The Bible has been changed; true. But Quran hasn't been changed. and change or no change, it is abt faith. whether u blv that God created evrything doesn't have to do with what the Bible or Quran says

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Rj Amina wrote: "The Bible has been changed; true. But Quran hasn't been changed. and change or no change, it is abt faith. whether u blv that God created evrything doesn't have to do with what the Bible or Quran says"

But the old testament is the same in both the Bible and the Quran.

message 28: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Quran doesn't have an 'old testament' it.s an alone book that hasn't been changed by humans. That is why it was sent down, becasue the previous books had been changed. so God sweared that this book wouldn't be changed and He himself took reponsibility for it

message 29: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Candace (Amare Infinitum) wrote: "I was talking to my husband about this thread last night, and he said it has nothing to do with believing or not believing in the big bang theory, it has to do with accepting or not accepting it, s..."

But don't you accept things as true because you believe in them, either through facts or faith? Why else would you accept something? I'm not sure you can separate the two.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't mean to imply that you should. I was just tweaking my phrasing.

When I told him about the thread, I said, "I believe in the big bang theory". He said, "It isn't about believing; it's about accepting or rejecting the evidence". He's a much more hard-core non-believer than I am.

And I meant I agreed with the way he said it in the terms of accepting or not accepting. I think, regardless of the evidence, there is still belief involved.

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Rj Amina wrote: "Quran doesn't have an 'old testament' it.s an alone book that hasn't been changed by humans. That is why it was sent down, becasue the previous books had been changed. so God sweared that this book..."

And yet it's the same as the Christian old testament.

message 32: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) It isn't the same Emma. It's a lot different.

and Candace, 'accepting the evidence' is sumthing... but where's the evidence? that's the point, there IS no evidence. I ask u again, where did that particle cum from? No where?

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Rj Amina wrote: "It isn't the same Emma. It's a lot different.

and Candace, 'accepting the evidence' is sumthing... but where's the evidence? that's the point, there IS no evidence. I ask u again, where did that..."

How is it different?

And did you read the pages I linked you? Maybe you should.

message 34: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) The words are different, the composition... evrything. read the old testament and then read Quran, u'll see the difference. the old testament has also been changed, but the Quran hasn't.

I'm just asking, where did that one particle sat started evrything off cum from? Just answer dat

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Everything came from bacteria.

message 36: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) where did bactreia cum from then?

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren i'm not a scientist so i dont know lol but bacteria has always been here, its in everything. Bacteria is the reason we are here. Thats what i have been tought anyways and i believe it.

message 38: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yes, true. but where did bacteria cum from? it must have some beggining rite? so then can't u blv that God created bacteria... and if He can create bacteria, he can create humans? and animals? and the world at large?

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Well i can see were you come from, but me personaly i find the idea of God ridiculous, i dont see how he can be everywhere always, how he could have made everything, and why if he is so amazing, does he pass judgment over everyone and have discrimination in his book, the Bible, gays are wrong according to God, but if he made these people why doesnt he accept them?.

message 40: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) God crated us... but He gave us free will to do either good or bad. He will be the judge, and will reward those who do rite and punish the rong ones. How's dat bad?

and if God hasn't made evrything, then do answer my question... where did that first bacteria cum from? where did it all start? wen asked, the only thing that makes sense is beelif in God.

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) It's easy to say that God created everything, that way you don't have to think about it. An all-powerfull force? Sure, it's hard to question it, safe the fact that there's no actual proof that God exists. You can always post questions to everything, that's what makes science interesting. With relegion the answer will always be: God created it. Personally, I don't think that's a satisfying answer, I want facts. And the Big Bang isn't entirely prooved yet, though they're preparing to proove it these days. However, it is more likely than some old man pointing a finger at an empty spot and saying: EARTH BE CREATED!

And I'm going to ask you again Amina:
- Have you read the links I posted for you?

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Again i cant tell you were bacteria came from because, our getting into advanced bio here, but everyone knows bacteria excists, its something thats real. But i have never in my life seen proof of God, dont get me wrong, i'm not dissrespecting your beliefs, if you believe God created everything your entilted to believe that, but i just cant because to me it is far fetched. And iam sure if you go onto google there will be something there that will tell you all about the begining of bacteria.

message 43: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "It's easy to say that God created everything, that way you don't have to think about it. An all-powerfull force? Sure, it's hard to question it, safe the fact that there's no actual proof that God ..."

I think the first part of your response is a bit insulting and unfair. It implies that anyone who has such a religious belief is just lazy and won't bother to use their minds to think something else. That may be true for some, but not for all. Certainly not for me. It's not easy to have such a belief when it gets ridiculed by so many so often (I'm not saying you are ridiculing it, but sometimes it comes across that way).

message 44: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Gatorman wrote: "Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "It's easy to say that God created everything, that way you don't have to think about it. An all-powerfull force? Sure, it's hard to question it, safe the fact that t..."

Oh. I'm sorry about that, that's not how I meant it at all. I'm a Christian myself, it's not like I've got a problem with relegion. Again; I am very sorry if I came of as insulting or rude. I'll try to be a little less, ah, bold.

- I do like to have some facts, or at least for people to have some ground for what they're saying.

message 45: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "Gatorman wrote: "Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "It's easy to say that God created everything, that way you don't have to think about it. An all-powerfull force? Sure, it's hard to question it, saf..."

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with bold and I want you to say what you think. I just think we need to be careful when we assume that those who rely on faith for their religious beliefs (and how those beliefs affect beliefs in other things like evolution, big bang, etc) do not have grounds for what they are saying. I know it's hard to see faith as a ground for something, but it does have a basis. For instance, when people recover from diseases that are expected to kill them or survive accidents or falls that seem unlikely, one explanation could be "divine intervention" and, to some, that reinforces their belief in their faith. To others, there is what would they would call a more "factual" or "logical" explanation, but they cannot prove it any more than the one who believes it to be divine intervention. Some things, you will never know the real truth. That's hard for some people to accept. I'm not saying I go one way or the other on these things all the time, because I don't despite my religious upbringing. I'm just saying that it's not as clear cut as we may sometimes think, and scientific facts may not always be the answer.

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Gatorman wrote: "Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "Gatorman wrote: "Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "It's easy to say that God created everything, that way you don't have to think about it. An all-powerfull force? Sur..."

I know that. In fact, I know it better than most. - But we can get into that another time. I never meant that relegious people are brain-dead and don't think, and I'm not saying that they don't ever have basis for their opinions. But I am saying that you can't base everything on a relegion, and that God isn't the answer to everything. It's not meant as being rude. Relegion and Science has always clashed, and will probably keep doing so. I think Science is an important part of our world, without it we wouldn't evolve and learn. But relegion is important too, it's one of the things that makes us tick and makes the world function (also course of many deads, but we can take that somewhere else).

message 47: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "Gatorman wrote: "Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "Gatorman wrote: "Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "It's easy to say that God created everything, that way you don't have to think about it. An all-pow..."

I get ya. Think of it this way. God does not create a painting. But, if you believe in God as creator, then God creates the person who becomes the painter who makes the painting. So, God isn't the answer for the painting, but had an indirect effect on the painting getting made. I think that's how most religious people would see it.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

The transitive property. A=B and B=C, so indirectly, A=C.

I can see that.

message 49: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Wow, u just portrayed what I've been trying to say all along, Gatorman. U really are good wid ur words.

I beleive in science too, actually I ask so many questions peple sumtyms get fed-up. we need logic to understand and relelgion DOES have logical explanations. I's just the idea of 'how evrything started off' that's gets us confused, relelgiously or scientifically. In both we don't have a logical explanation. Science will say the big bagn started it... but where did dat one particle cum frum? Relelgion will say God created it and then people who arn't dat relelgious will ask questions abt dat.

message 50: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yup, and isn't that what makes life interesting? The fact that we have different opinions, and view life in different ways?

« previous 1