~Opinions~ discussion

Ask > Muslims

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,471 (1471 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

message 1: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) If u ever had any quesries abot Islam... or u saw any muslim in a way dat confused u, I'd be happy to help. Just ask =)

message 2: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) LOL, yeh =)

and wow, u said burqa! how did u erm, know that word?

message 3: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) it is! thas why I was shocked... most non-muslims say 'veil'

message 4: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Nvr to me =)

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) But veil and burqa isn't the same thing, is it?

message 6: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Nope, burqa is wat m wearing, veil is hwat covers ur face. So I have both. But usually ppl jus ask if I do veil.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope this doesn't sound like a rude question, but do you prefer one over the other? I'm genuinely curious :).

message 8: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) huh? what over what?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry, you said you had a burqa and a veil. I was just wondering if you preferred one over the other.

message 10: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I wear both togheter. I dnt prefer any over the other. I wear it because I wanted to... I feel safer. Plus, it's s good shield from weather ;) LOL

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Cool :)
Dosen't it get seriously hot in the summer though?

And now that we're on the subject; isn't it totally unfair of France, that they forbad burqas there?

message 12: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) It is unfair, because we should be given freedom. Most of us aren't forced, we do it by oursleves. I mean, I live in Pakistan, and non-muslims are around too. They were skirts and stuff and evntho it aint in our relelgion we haven't banned them from it. There should be freedom for all, it's our choice what we were.

Na, m used to it. Actually, I'm saved from being burned by the sun wen m covered.

message 13: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Amina........... I wear an abayah. (Its another word for burqa) though I haven't started to wear naqaab. And I don't think I will be wearing it...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

That's really unfair of France to forbid anyone to wear a burqa. It's a person's right to wear what they want.

message 15: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I agree. They just wanted to put us muslims in trouble.

message 16: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments That's evil of France to do such a thing. Last time an article came up at my skool and it was all about banning hijab they made us woman look like devils! Tht was terrible.

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yes, I don't think France has the right to do that. If it was an actual problem, then maybe - But seeing as what? Was it 500 women in France who actually wore it? Anyway, seeing as it's so few, it's obvious that they're only doing it to state something.

message 18: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) They are just trying to provoke us - like they did by drwaing a cartoon of our Prophet.

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) The prophet drawing wasn't actually drawn to provoke you, you know. We've got freedom of speach, and the guy sure as hell drew some cartoons with Jesus in it too.

However, France is doing what they're doing simply because they want to proove a point.

message 20: by Rosie (last edited Oct 23, 2010 08:49AM) (new)

Rosie (rosielight) 500 is such a small number compared to their population :/ It's not right of France

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree. What point would they really be trying to make with that, anyway?

message 22: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Actually it was. and pls tell me abt who drew a pic of Jesus? I nvr heard abt dat... but evryone's heard abt how they hurt us by drwaing our Prophet. and by the way, u draw pics of jesus urself... we nvr draw a picture of our Prophet

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Rj Amina wrote: "Actually it was. and pls tell me abt who drew a pic of Jesus? I nvr heard abt dat... but evryone's heard abt how they hurt us by drwaing our Prophet. and by the way, u draw pics of jesus urself... ..."

Yes, 'cause you know this person so well, as oppsoed to me who actually live in the same country as the bastard. - Yeah, we all think he's stupid here too, but according to the book, he didn't do anything wrong, didn't break any law, and he didn't do it to offend anyone. He's just dumb, and dosen't use his brains.
However, it has been used since, to offend people. How people use it, that's not the guys fault.

message 24: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) No, I beelive that that guy did it to provoke muslims... how can u b sure he didn't? do u knw him personally? and u shldn't create scenarios that other people can use to create problems n havoc

message 25: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Those ppl shouldn't do tht. They have no right.

message 26: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments And guys we call Jesus "Isa" cuz thts his real name but I don't know why they call him Jesus.... Amina wht do u think?

message 27: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) We have different names for many people, Esme. They call Hawa, Eve. It's just a matter of language =)

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) u shldn't create scenarios that other people can use to create problems n havoc

Riiight. You do know that it has nothing to do with the work, and everything to do with the person who uses it? If that's it, we should seriously reconsider our Holy books, 'cause they can for sure be used to create problems, even if that's not what they where meant to do.

Maybe not perosnally, but I know how the mindset is, the enviorment he grew up in, the country. Plus I've actually read a book with this guy and seen interviews. You don't think it was just as huge here as it was where you are? Well it was, just in another way.
And do you think muslims handled it well? Burning our flag, and beating up Danes who lived in a muslim enviorment or country, not to mention the unfairness with which danes were being treated in court, and the fact that our embassy was burned.

message 29: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Well it was well deserved. This was a high kind of insult to us... whether he meant to provoke us or not. Oh, I blv in freedom of speech, but insulting someone/a group isn't the rite thing to do.

and listen to me, jus by watching interviews and seeing the enviroment, u dont knw what was in his heart. and anyway, this cartoon thingy happened be4, and muslims all over the world were insulted. did he not see? why'd he do it again then?

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Maybe. But I know more about him than you do, so what I'm far more likely to know why he did what he did.

Wow. Sorry, usually I can see your point, but this is too much. You just told me that Danes, INNOCENT PEOPLE I might add, who were beat up, deserved it because one dumb guy did something you didn't like! That is just not okay. To say that it's allright for others to pay for the action of one person. Should jews beat up Germans, 'cause that's where the Nazi-thing started? Should Americans beat up muslims, 'cause a group planned 9-11?

message 31: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Oh so wat abt all the people who took prt in the competitoon of drawing our Prophet on fce book? was that one person? and I agree that innocent people shldn't be punished for anothers crime, but in anger we did something rong... just like the cartoon people did rong wiv us.

I always thot that we were no better; killing innocent and blaming others for a crime someone else did. But I can't do anything abt it. I didn't do anything do anyone.

message 32: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) evryone's as bad as each other

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Okay, drawing a drawing in another country, for a newspaper, no harm intended and beating up people, burning down a place with the possibility of killing people, and treating them with unfairness and Hostility, beacause of something someone else did, is so not the same thing. Not even in the same league.

And have I said that that was okay? No, I don't believe I have. People do stupod things, that's true. But in my book, beating up innocent people and chasing them out of the country is far worse than drawing a face.

message 34: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments .................... Um pls tell me u guys aren't going to fight?

message 35: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I think insulting is the same as beating up and watevr. Atleast we didn't start it. It's not just 'drawing a face', it's sumthing we consider as a major insult, it hurt us, it was against our relegion. and he did it on purpose, because as I said, this had happened be4, adn I'm sure he must've seen what the muslims did, adn how angry theu got. U did say it was ok. u said 'he did sumthing stupid' so ur tryina show me he did it by mistake? and dat we are really evil people who murder and cause havoc because of a mistake? it wasn't a mistake, he intended to offend us

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Look Amina, I never at any point said that it wass okay, what he did. I said that it's not wrong, in my country he has the right to publish it if he wants to. You're right about one thing; I don't know him, so I really don't know what went trough his head. But you know what? Neither do you. And no, I don't think insulting and beating up people, throwing them out of a country, bruning down a house and treating people with unfairness in court is the same thing. I'd sorta see the point if you did it to the guy, but this is to completly innocent people, who had absolutely nothing to do with the drawings, safe the fact that they came from the same country as the guy.

Oh you didn't "start it"? Oh then it's totally okay to beat up people! It has nothing to do with who supposedly started it and who didn't, it has everything to do with hurting innocent people!

Maybe it wasn't a mistake, what he did. Maybe he did do it to insult you. We don't know that. However, we do know that the beating up, burning down, court-unfairness and throwing out of country all were very much intended to harm.

message 37: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) We beat up epople because u guys supported him. went around tlking shit abt 'freedom of speech'. well, insulting isn't freedom of speech, it's complete rudeness.

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Nope, insulting is part of freedom of speach. Sure, it's stupid, but it's completly legal. I always say that Freedom of Speach isn't an excuse to say stupid things, but that dosen't mean that it is not legal.

because u guys supported him
We supported him? Excuse me? I'd like to say that I know no people who supported him in the drawings, and I sure as hell know a lot of Danes. Sure, he didn't do anything illegal, but what he did was stupid. I don't think our primeminister should apologize to your country, he didn't have anything to do with it. However, the guy who drew them and the newspaper who published it; they should apologize.

- And by the way; the fact that some Danes in the country might possibly have thought what he did was okay, does not justify beating up completly innocent people and burning down an embassy, with the possibility of killing people.

... As I footnote I'm wondering about myself when I say "sure as hell". If I don't believe in hell, maybe I should say "sure as heaven"? Or "Sure as my eyes are blue"? I dunno, maybe people just say it for effect. Okay, so about this random little thing, I was just thinking about it, lol :)

message 39: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Ok, I gotta admit I was heating up and I cracked at ur footnote. LOL xP

Actually, whatever the rules/laws, I don't think that a person should be free to insult a person/relelgion/beleif/group. I don't blv thas freedom of speech. I say it is being rude and hurting fellow humans. As I have said before, I agree we were wrong in harming innocent people, but it was done in anger. Also, as I said, I didn't have anything to do with it so I can't say.

Ppeople did support him... check out youtube/facebook. people took part in the competition he started.

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) But it's true though, isn't it? Of I don't believe in Hell, why do I say "sure as hell"?

And I think a person should be free to say what he or she wants. That's what freedom of speach is. I'm not saying it's not sypud, but as soon as Freedom of speach gets those kinds of restrictions, it's not Freedom of Speach anymore. Of course, the insulted person has the right to insult right back at the insulter. That's also a part of Freedom of Speach.

And I cant say. I'm sure there were people who sipported him, but I'm guessing a lot of them were americans too, seeing as they have obviously been writing in english. No you didn't, and I'm not lashing out at you at all. I'm just asking how you can think that mentioned wrongdoings are allright. And I would never hold you responsible for something you didn't do, which is why I think it's horrible that Danes in Muslim countries are being held responsible for something they didn't do.

message 41: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Well read what I read before. everyone is as bad as each other. that person did rong by offending us, we were rong in harming innocents. fair fair

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yeah, but even so I still don't think it's in the same league.

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) And may I ask, you seem to have a strong opinion on this subject, have you even seen the drawing?

message 44: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Just the fact dat he drew our Prophet is an insult. U mite think we're stupid at being angry at such a thing, but in our relegion it's a very big thing.

message 45: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Oh, I never said it was stupid to be angry about it, I said that the reaction to it was unacceptable.

And I've been wondering, you believe that people who do bad stuff will be punished by God, right? And that he will see justice fullfilled? Dosen't that go for this guy too then? Isn't it stupid to punish innocent people, when the bad dude, according to your beliefs, go to Hell anyway?

message 46: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Yes, true. But then not reacting would show the world we don't care? that we weren't offended? Ofcourse, we shouldn't have reacted the way we did by harming innocents, but showing our anger was the rite thing to do.

message 47: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I agree that it's allright to show the world that you're angry. This can be done in many ways though. Peacefull demonstrations, politicians talking peacefully, peacefull other kinds of anger-showing. It dosen't have to be violent to show that you're angry. A lil' bit of yelling on TV would do the job, I think.

message 48: by MollyRena (new)

MollyRena Hi

message 49: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Hi Molly :)

message 50: by MollyRena (new)

MollyRena Hey whats going on??

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 29 30