ANZ Authors discussion

Stalking Your Fans

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Kramer (nomesque) | 34 comments Mod
One big problem with Goodreads?

Makes it soooo easy to stalk your fans and see every single comment they might make about your books... *lol* I have to keep reminding myself - "don't click... write!!!"

Am I the only one??

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Daniels (mrpld) | 25 comments Oh, I have to say I've not so much stalked people :cough: but I certainly enjoy watching their movements. My biggest stalking ground are the web-site logs, though I don't know who is visiting it is nice to see where they're coming from and...best of all... watching them click on the "Buy" button :D

message 3: by Naomi (new)

Paul wrote: "Oh, I have to say I've not so much stalked people :cough: but I certainly enjoy watching their movements. My biggest stalking ground are the web-site logs, though I don't know who is visiting it i..."

Oooh, sounds like fun... *ponders*

Do I really want to go down the stalking path of life? Do I want to be one of those authors who PMs complete strangers to ask why they haven't finished reading their book yet?

message 4: by Murray (new)

Murray Gunn (murraygunn) | 14 comments lol Is that what's going to happen? Paul, I think I'd better tell you up front that I'm studying. It could be years before I get time to read Tree of Life again. Please don't stalk me.

message 5: by Naomi (new)

Murray wrote: "lol Is that what's going to happen? Paul, I think I'd better tell you up front that I'm studying. It could be years before I get time to read Tree of Life again. Please don't stalk me."

... or if you do, stalk quietly, he's trying to concentrate. *lol*

message 6: by Gordon (new)

Gordon Ryan (kiwinovelist) | 1 comments Perhaps it's logical to post my first message under the "Stalking" discussion. I hope not to fit into that category, but as an author, I suppose it is inevitable to be seen by some readers as aggressive in that regard.

My name is Gordon Ryan, I am an American author living in Christchurch, New Zealand. (Yes, we are all "shaken up" after our 7.1 in September. I actually live on the residential street with the highest number of destroyed homes, but we were very lucky.)

Look forward to participating with this group. My website is www.gordonryan.com and I welcome any comment, suggestion, or even the mild stalker.

Cheers,

Gordon Ryan

message 7: by Shayne (new)

Shayne | 8 comments Hi, Gordon, nice to see you here!

And Naomi: I know what you mean. :-)

message 8: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Valiukas (joannevaliukas) | 3 comments Gordon wrote: "Perhaps it's logical to post my first message under the "Stalking" discussion. I hope not to fit into that category, but as an author, I suppose it is inevitable to be seen by some readers as aggr..."

Hi Gordon,
I'm a writer too and I've been told that you have not 'arrived' until you have a stalker. Still waiting on mine (LOL) good luck.

Jo

message 9: by Murray (new)

Murray Gunn (murraygunn) | 14 comments Naomi wrote: "... or if you do, stalk quietly, he's trying to concentrate. *lol* "

And it would be great if you could top up my water while you're around...

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Tyley (vickityley) | 7 comments I don't have time to visit Goodreads often enough to stalk! :o

message 11: by Mark (new)

Mark (valiukas) | 8 comments I believe the politically-correct term is "high-granularity market research" ;-)