100+ Books in 2022 discussion

New moderator found!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Kitzmiller Mandy has graciously offered to take over as group moderator next year - I have added her as moderator and will be removing myself toward the end of the year. Please welcome her - and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Carrie

message 2: by stormhawk (last edited Oct 21, 2010 10:19PM) (new)

stormhawk | 385 comments Congratulations, Mandy! And Carrie, thanks for your work for the group!

message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Kitzmiller Stormhawk - you're very welcome - I have enjoyed it very much.

Carrie

message 4: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) No offense, but does this group even really need a moderator? As far as I can tell, the mod doesn't really do anything. It seems like a pretty self-sufficient group.

message 5: by Caro (new)

Caro (wutheringreads) Welcome and congratulations Mandy! Sad to see you go, Carrie, but thanks for your work on this group.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) congratulations mandy! Thanks to Carrie for her work as moderator of the group.

message 7: by Mandy (last edited Oct 23, 2010 08:25PM) (new)

Mandy (mandypants) Thanks for the welcome, everyone. This group is a pleasant place to visit. The moderator helps keep it that way by watching for spammers and trolls. Thanks, Carrie, for making this such a great group that there isn’t a lot of moderating needed. Feel free to email me with any questions, comments, or concerns about the group or just to discuss how the last book I read really didn’t deserve one star. :-)

~Mandy the new Moderator

message 8: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl It would be nice if either the old or new moderator could take all the lists people have been posting in "General" and move them to the appropriate letter category.

I put in this request a very long time ago but the old moderator never responded.

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Kitzmiller Lobstergirl - I apologize for not responding when you mentioned this in August - my daughter spent 25 days of the summer in the hospital - spread out over four visits - culminating in bowel resection surgery for her Crohn's disease. I didn't have time to read through all the e-mails coming from Goodreads. I probably should have bowed out as moderator then, but I honestly didn't even have the time or energy to get on the site and ask for a replacement. I will do it now.

Carrie

message 10: by Alethea (new)

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 225 comments Geez, people. Lighten up :D Thank you Carrie and Mandy!

message 11: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 385 comments Carrie, I'm very sorry to hear about your personal trials. I hope that the healing proceeds well!

message 12: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Kitzmiller Stormhawk - thanks, she is doing very well now - the surgery was successful and she has been in remission since. We're hoping it lasts a good long time!

Carrie

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Congrats Mandy!!

message 14: by Angela (new)

Angela Randall (smange) | 4 comments On a somewhat related note, I usually find it's wise to add several moderators to any good groups, just to make sure there's someone tending to it and able to add new moderators if required. I'd say 3-10 is good, just to make sure. Then if any are idle, add more. Just a thought. :)

message 15: by Scott (new)

Scott Whitney I appreciate all the work done here. It is good to have goals and this helps me keep going. Thank You!

message 16: by Shell (new)

Shell | 21 comments Thanks Mandy! - Shell

message 17: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 68 comments Is there a minimum number of pages for a book to be acceptable? (a lot of novellas on kindle)

message 18: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (mandypants) Nope. No minimum. It's all up to you. It's your challenge. So you make up the rules. I've seen children's books and manga counted.

message 19: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 68 comments Mandy wrote: "Nope. No minimum. It's all up to you. It's your challenge. So you make up the rules. I've seen children's books and manga counted."

Thanks!!