Writing Passionates discussion

I'm stuck, please help me!!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
Okay so there are a lot of stories that I'm currently stuck on, and I'm not going to list all of them because that would take a really long time, so I'm just going to ask about a couple, and you can help me with any or both of them...you can find both stories on my profile, if you want to read them to get a better understanding.

1. This one's called Star Soul: I started chapter one, and I got up to chapter three, but I have no idea what's going to happen next...basically, the story is about how whenever someone dies, the "stars-" they are actually alive- go down to earth and take the dead person's soul out of their body. Then, they make a baby be born, and then they give that dead person's soul to the newborn- basically, they're recycling all the souls. Does that make sense?

So basically, what happens one day is that one star makes a mistake, and forgets to "delete" all the memories and personal stuff from the girl's that died soul, so when it gives the soul to the newborn, all those memories and personal stuff stick. What ends up happening is the newborn girl ends up looking exactly like the girl that died- and ends up living her life with every single step the same way. Which means that soon, she is going to die...

Another thing that happened when the star made that mistake is that the dead girl's spirit escaped into the human world. Okay, so one thing to make clear: in my story, a spirit and a soul are not the same thing. A soul is the very core of a person's being, the thing that makes them who they are. A spirit is merely an kind of reflection, or mirror image, of the person/soul; an idea, a ghost of what the person used to be. Does that make sense?

So the girl's spirit parted with her body and escaped into the world. The spirit still can think, so the spirit is waiting for the girl, the one that got the dead girl's soul, to die- and then she wants to get her soul back.

I've gotten up to the part where the alive girl is at the scene of her supposed death...she is about to get killed when the spirit gets a change of heart, and prevents this girl's death. And now I have no idea what to write next.

Okay, I've probably lost you by now; I know that was really confusing. I'm not very good at explaining this...So...if you understood most of that ramble, please help me think of ideas...if you have no clue what the hell im talking about, then here's another one I'm stuck with: (you can read it anyway if you just want to help with another one; i promise, the next one is not confusing at all.)

2. This one's a ghost story, called The Morte. So far, the main character's come across this ghost ship, and the members of the ship keep trying to kill her and turn her into a ghost...it doesn't have much of a plot. Basically all I've got so far are countless times where they've tried to kill her, and she's nearly escaped. Again and again.

This can't keep going on!! I need to find some kind of plot. I need to make something meaningful happen, to add a point to the story- because right now all she's doing is trying to save her own life, again and again, and there really is no point to it. But I have no idea what to do! Can someone help me??!?

message 2: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
aaah yes i've noticed you haven't added to these stories in a while... XD okay let me think about it. i'll tell you when i think of something, if anything...

message 3: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

thanks!

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

sure thing. :D

message 5: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

oh thats a good idea! hmm...i was also thinking that after the dead girl's spirit saves the main character's life, she still wants revenge or something...but im not sure what to do with her...

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 181 comments The star will have to fix it somehow, so that the spirit doesn't remember or something, otherwise, she's going to keep wanting her soul back. Maybe you could say that the stars were once spirits and have that spirit's time come (Wow, this sounds weird) and then she and the star could work together or something? To be honest, I've read your story and I'm on the spirit's side...........

message 7: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Oooh good idea Morgan!!

Wow really? You're on Amber's side? Oh...how come?

message 8: by Lysine (new)

Lysine | 4 comments For Morte, look at your charachters. Surely you've got the seeds of some interesting charachter quirks/backstories/fears/loves/hates?

message 9: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Yeah...Holly is an interesting character. Half the time she's the stereotypical rebellious teenager- sassy, never listening to her parents, always talking back, doing whatever she wants without caring what her parents think about it; but she does have a sensitive side, which she only brings out at the strangest times.

message 10: by Brigid ✩ (new)

gah! i wish i could help you but i don't have any ideas.... i can barely come up w/ideas for my OWN stories. lol. XD
sometimes it just helps to write SOMETHING in a story every day, even if it's just one sentence at a time. sometimes i'll be stuck on a story, but if i write just one more sentence, that sentence sparks the idea for the next sentence, and so forth. idk if that helps...

message 11: by Brigid ✩ (new)

or even just making a rough outline w/a few ideas... or doing character inventories.

message 12: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

oh thats a good idea, thanks brigid!! *sigh*

its kinda funny...ive been stuck in the middle of the chapter of the morte for about a month now...i should probably get a move on!

message 13: by Brigid ✩ (new)

XD haha. i know what you mean. while i was working on soul stealer i didn't work on the chosen one for like, three months. lol. XD

i started a new story! i'm really psyched about it...

message 14: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
I've been stuck in the middle of a chapter for a month now too! It's really frustrating! I'll occasionally add a sentence or a paragraph, but I am honestly sick of the chapter. I just want it to be written.

message 15: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Lol yeah I know...

message 16: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
HA HA HA!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!! I WAS STUCK FOR A MONTH UNTIL A HALF HOUR (maybe less) AGO!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I FINALLY FINISHED CHAPTER 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/1... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 17: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Yay!! I will go read it!!