~Opinions~ discussion

Books *SPOILERS* > Hush, Hush/Crescendo *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyone in here read Hush, Hush?

I'm currently reading Crescendo, and want to discuss the first book.

Anyone?

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren i have read both hush hush an crescendo. Both are AMAZING my fav books. =D

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I am currently reading Crescendo, and I'm struggling with it. Please, please, please tell me it gets better.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Which bit are you at? i dont want to spoil anything =S
it depends...its frustrating all the way through but ut gets exiting.. :P

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

****Spoilers for Crescendo****

Okay, Nora went to Marcie's party with Vee and snooped through Marcie's room. Then Patch found her and said he wanted to run away with her, but she walked away from him.

I guess I'm just frustrated because I have a theory, and it's making me hate Nora.

I think Nora and Marcie are sisters, and that Marcie is actually the first female descendant (meaning she's the one Patch would have had to kill to become human). I think everything Patch is doing is for a good reason, and he literally *can't* tell Nora some things because of the archangels. But. Nora is being very jealous (which, I kinda would be, too), and she won't give him a chance to explain anything. Patch isn't entirely innocent either, but I think Nora is causing herself too much drama. She won't let anything go, and she keeps putting herself in danger.

Please, just tell me Nora stops acting ridiculous at some point. I left off at the end of Chapter 12.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren ok i'm not going to ruin anything for you :P
but Nora doesnt really stop being jelous and annoying because she thinks she has to stay away from patch because the archangels will send him to hell. Which i understand but its still frustrating, just know that the ending is bitter sweet :P lol

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah, damn it. I hate bittersweet endings :P. I'm reading this with a friend. We have a set number of chapters to read each night, and I'm struggling to finish mine because every time I dive back into Coldwater, I feel my heart is going to get torn in half. It's so frustrating.

BTW, have you ever read The Immortals Series? I'm going to create a thread for them, too, I think.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren well it ends in a lif hanger aswel, its very frustrating. But it is sort of happy too :P

yeh i have another of my fav series lol, i love those books! :P

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I started a thread for it. I can't wait to discuss. I have a love/hate relationship with Ever :P.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren yeh same i think she is quite annoying sometimes =/

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Lauren,
I just finished Crescendo. "Cliff hanger" is a nice way of putting this torture. One whole freakin' year we have to wait :(. It *did* get better, and Nora got better. I liked that everything finally got explained, but man...couldn't they have just have at least one hour alone? :(

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Hey Candace.
Haha. I know it is so frustrating that we have to wait, i need to read the next book! i hate the suspence. Yeh i agree i hated that right when they got back together, BOOM Hank Miller shows up lol.
Also i totaly hates patches real name lol (no offence if you know anyone named jev lol) but i thought it was such a let down because i was hoping for something more...cool i supose lol. What did you think about it?.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hm...I actually liked Jev. I've never heard that name before, but I was expecting something seriously sexy. And, yes, I believe names can be sexy :P.

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren haha me too, thats why i was let down because i dont think that suits the way i picture patch at all. But i think that patch is actualy a really fiting name form him 'coz its cool and sexy, like him ;) haha.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know, though. The more I think about it, the sexier Jev sounds. It's different, and Patch's real name would have to be something completely different. Besides, what he lacks in name, he more than makes up for in body ;).

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Yeh i have gotten used to it, and i dont mind it as much now, but i still wish he had a better name lol. haha definitely ;).

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I met this guy once...his name was Salvatore DeMarco. That is one sexy name. :)

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Seriously? tha was his real name?. It sounds like a sexy vampire name haha :P.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep, it does. Too bad he didn't look anything like a Salvatore DeMarco :P.

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Oh, theres nothing worse than when someone doesnt live up to their sexy name haha :P.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, right? :P

message 22: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments ooh i have read both :) i thought they were amazing but i think i liked hush hush a tad better :)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too. Crescendo was so frustrating at times.

message 24: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments i know eh its like we had to WAIT the whole book really to see them get back together to BOOM finsh the book :O i was like wtf

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, right? My initial reaction was, "Holy Freakin' Cliffhanger, Batman!"

I kept flipping the pages, making sure I didn't miss anything...but no. There's just nothing else :(.

message 26: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments i know i was like noo they can't end it on this :O i was soo annoyed .. i just wanted them to be together in it but nooo :L

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, maybe Tempest will be better. I can only hope.

message 28: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments i know i thought it was good just needed them to be together haha :)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Nora annoyed me. She kept pushing Patch away and wouldn't let him tell her anything.

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I think some times that was understandable on her part though, even though it was annoying. It was because she thought the archangels would send him to hell...then she thought he killed her dad so i understood but i got reeeally annoyed when she wouldnt listen to him in her dream!

message 31: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments i know i was soo angry at her i was like listen to him mahn ! but she did think she was protecting him :S i was like nnooo just listen :| it made me angry haha

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I understand some of her frustrations. I would feel the same way, but she was so freakin' stubborn. She put herself in danger multiple times, thinking it was 'okay because Patch would save her'. *shakes head* It was just too much like Bella in New Moon to me.

message 33: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments haha yeah i seee what you mean she is all if this goes wrong patch will save me :S i so like no HA

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Actualy i can understand the danger part because rixon did tell her patch was still her guardian so that she would feel safe..and if i had a guardian angel i would be a bit more care free aswel lol :P.

message 35: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments did u manage to figure out the twist like did u get a feeeling?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I get the guardian angel thing, but she would purposely think, "Hm...my mom says Scott's dangerous, but that's okay, because then Patch will have to be around me." Or something along those lines.

message 37: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments yeah i know but still has to think things throu not just coz she has 'patch' BOOM she can do what the hell she likes

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly. She was too quick to just jump into dangerous situations.

I actually felt bad for Patch in this one. I could tell he wanted to be with Nora, but then she'd find Marcie's bikini top in his jeep and I just wanted to slap someone.

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren OMG! that moment made me soooo mad!! i hated Marcie. And i felt bad for patch when Nora kissed Scott infront of him, but i liked Scott and didnt mind that she kissed him kinda lol.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I was on the fence about Scott. He was okay, but he had a bad temper. I liked him toward the end, though, and I thought his message to Nora was cute.

message 41: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments yesh i liked scott but i hated how nora did tht right infront of patch mahn ! i was like why it was such a shame i love patch i think he is soo funny :L

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Yeh i loved that bit when he got her the car <3 he was sweet, but he was arrogant aswel. I loved how Patch swooped in and punched Scott for kissing her. I thought that bit was reasuring, because i started to get worried about Patch and Marcie lol.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved that too. I always say a jealous Patch is a freakin' hot Patch :). And it was kind of a double standard with Nora. She was okay with kissing Scott to make Patch jealous, but she got pissed when Marcie kissed him and he just didn't pull back immediately. What's up with that?

message 44: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments how could u get worried mahn :O haha i never doubted him for a sec ;) but i thought tht bit was soo sweet and funny :L :)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I wasn't worried about Patch. I didn't like seeing Marcie kiss him. But in my opinion, he didn't really kiss her...he just didn't pull back immediately. I still think there may be something up with that. He can only feel what Nora feels when they kiss. I keep wondering if he felt something from Marcie when she kissed him; something that confused him enough to make him stay still.

message 46: by Lauren (new)

Lauren No i never doubted him i knew he still loved Nora but, still it gave me a horrible feeling even knowing he was with Marcie as a guardian angel (which i guessed he was right away woo :P). I suppose iam just too invested in these books lol. I know i thought she was being hypocritical at that point, but i dont think she was being rational lol.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

This whole book was heart wrenching to read. It was just like Blue Moon. I swear; every time I went back to reading, something else would break my heart.

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren i know i hated the feeling reading this..but i knew they would be fine :P. But it was still horrible, and now iam desperate to read the next book!! haha.

message 49: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 56 comments haha same can't wait .. i know i just wanted everything to be perfect :O

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll definitely scoop up Tempest next year :).

« previous 1