Anne Stuart Fans discussion

Paranormal Romance > The Fallen series (AS as Kristina Douglas) *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 347 comments Mod
AS has a paranormal series coming out under a different name. It sounds good:

Raziel (Fallen, #1) by Kristina Douglas Azazel (Fallen, #2) by Kristina Douglas

message 2: by Othena (new)

Othena thanks, added to my tbb list.

I just wish it was vamps/weres,the whole fallen angel genre isn't my thing but I'll give it a whirl since it's AS.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new)

I am curious to see what she does with a paranormal hero. Imagine an AS hero with unlimited, supernatural powers. Swoon!!!

message 4: by Othena (new)

Othena I know, gives me shivers in a really good way.

message 5: by Nilofer (last edited Oct 25, 2010 04:22AM) (new)

Nilofer (nilofers) | 29 comments Sounds good, I like angels in any shape or form... except the cover, didn't find that attractive at all - maybe the model's too heavily muscled?

The story sounds really familiar - did she write a short story with a similar bent?

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new)

He is a bit too husky, isn't he?

Not exactly the same, but she does have a book with an angel: Falling Angel (Rita Award) by Anne Stuart

message 7: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully | 18 comments I wonder why she's using a new name. She's been writing for 30 years+ in all genres without needing a 2nd name before.

message 8: by willaful (new)

willaful | 45 comments I loved Falling Angel, btw.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new)

Probably because some of her fans don't read paranormal. And this is a new thing for her. I guess she's testing the waters.

message 10: by Nilofer (new)

Nilofer (nilofers) | 29 comments Or maybe its like Stephen King using the Richard Bachman name for some of his books - he wanted to see if people liked them for themselves, rather than because SK was listed as the author!

message 11: by Nilofer (last edited Oct 27, 2010 01:46AM) (new)

Nilofer (nilofers) | 29 comments willaful wrote: "I loved Falling Angel, btw."

Yes, so did I, read it way back, in fact it may have been my first AS book/short story.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new)

I think so too, Nilofer. My first AS book was Special Gifts. I loved it!!!! So started my AS obsession.

message 13: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (shawnalovesromance) | 4 comments I can't wait for this! The cover of Raziel is gorgeous!

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new)

I'd have to agree, Shawna. :)

message 15: by Diane (new)

Diane (havebookswillread) | 13 comments I think the ending of "Falling Angel" gives a hint as to how she will handle the climax of The Fallen series; just as the hero was sentenced to life, because there is no Hell, I think the fallen angels will become mortal men and get to stay with their human wives. Two clues to this are found in "Demon" - first, that Rachel/Lilith gradually works off her curse (it isn't eternal) and second, that the residents of Sheol are starting to catch colds and other mortal ailments. I think they are slowly becoming human and the Supreme Being will transmute them to mortals instead of actually lifting their curse.

Also, that tiny scene where Rachel meets Beloch/Uriel's cat...who happens to be named Lucifer...I'm convinced that when the prophecy refers to Lilith's confinement close to Lucifer, it wasn't referring to the distant past but right now, and Lucifer isn't chained beneath rocks, he's been shapeshifted into the cat's body.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new)

Warrior is out!

message 17: by Diane (new)

Diane (havebookswillread) | 13 comments Diane wrote: "I think the ending of "Falling Angel" gives a hint as to how she will handle the climax of The Fallen series; just as the hero was sentenced to life, because there is no Hell, I think the fallen an..."

It's a nice thought, but then who would run Heaven and Hell? The Supreme Being stepped back. And what would happen to all the souls already in the Dark City aka Heaven?