~Opinions~ discussion

Politics > Invasion of/war in Afghanistan

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) So, what do you think about that?

Again, touchy sibject. But that's kinda the point with this group, is it not? Personally, I don't see the point. Yes, we should help the people of Afghanistan, if they want it. But no, we should not invade their country, especially when the reason behind the invasion is as much relegious and political, as they're "to Help".

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm probably not one to really discuss the war in Iraq. I have a few friends who have been sent over there, and it's devastating to watch them go. There are so many passionate views on this subject, and I can actually see valid points for both views. But for me personally, I just wish my friends didn't have to go over there.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yeah. My friends dad had to go twice. It's really sad. I'm too young to have any friends who're going, but I still don't think it's worth dying and killing for. And you don't have to the discuss it if you don't wat to Candace. It's allright. I sorta understand.

((The above all said in a soothing way, just so we dont get any misunderstanding :) ))

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

It's not that I don't *want* to discuss it; it's just that I don't know that much about it. I only really know how it affects my friends, and I know their views on it. I do kinda wish we would stay out of other people's business. If we say we're there to 'help', it just doesn't make sense. They never asked for our help, did they? I think we should save our troops for something more important.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Agreed. I do, however, know some about the war. And I know that it's not only 'cause the goverment wants to help. 's also 'cause of relegious and political problems. I think I mentioned this earlier. Never mind. It's none of our buisness. If they want out help they should get it. As humans, we have a kind of duty to our fellow humans, when they need us. But most statistics show, that they don't really want us there. If they're gonna change, they'll do it in their own time, don't you think?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup...but then again, we tend to agree on most things, so...

:)

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yeah. 'cept the death Penalty. xD

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments i dont realy support the invasion in afghanistan.. i mean alot of innocent people are dying so technically no one is helping

message 9: by meri (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 127 comments a lot of people are dying around the globe...just saying..

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Megamarie wrote: "a lot of people are dying around the globe...just saying.."
well if you put it in that sense than there will no stopping war.. since alot of people die around the world every single sec of our lifes.. so who cares if they die in a war ryte?

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) @Fariha: Aaaw, don't take it like that :( We're gonna stop war! We just have to get off our butts and do it! :)

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Emma (Merry Fucking Christmas) wrote: "@Fariha: Aaaw, don't take it like that :( We're gonna stop war! We just have to get off our butts and do it! :)"

lol i realy think war is inevitable :P

message 13: by meri (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 127 comments i think we can never stop the wars...we can't even solve all of our internal conflicts...it's just the way life should...there should be war to justify peace..

i've read once that peace is a fantasy that gives us hope to attain it and to get things in order...but it can never be achieved...

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) i think we can never stop the wars...

So optimistic.

we can't even solve all of our internal conflicts...

We can try.

it's just the way life should...there should be war to justify peace..

... In your opinion. I wouldn't mind a world without wars and horrible deaths, and people being sent off to die for nothing, and for things they aren't even a part of.

realy think war is inevitable

It is if everybody believes it is. I stand by what I said: We should get of out butts and do something about it, instead of whining about how unfair it is.

i've read once that peace is a fantasy that gives us hope to attain it and to get things in order...but it can never be achieved...

I prefer not to base my life and/or believes of one book.

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Megamarie wrote: "i think we can never stop the wars...we can't even solve all of our internal conflicts...it's just the way life should...there should be war to justify peace..

i've read once that peace is a fanta..."

war to justify peace? wow what a oxymoron!

message 16: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Yeah, but it is true

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I believe people would change their minds if they lived in a world with no war. Or do you actually like people dying for no apparent reason?

See, in my opinion, if they have to kill each other, we could give countries some place to fight out their stupid fights, with volunteers who want to give their lives up for nothing. Civilians die for no reason, and they have done nothing wrong, they just live in the wrong place. Is that alright?

Of course it's not alright. I know you don't think it's alright. And I have no illusions, I know war is porbably always gonna be around. But what good will it do to give up before we even try? Heck no.

message 18: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I wouldn't personally fight for something I think right... just argument, throw facts and maybe a few swears. But not killing and all. Firstly, I feel sick at the sidght of blood (lmao) secondly, well, I don't need to go on since i can't see the blood :P

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Exactly. So war is completely ridicolous. And should therefor be "fought" against. I don't want to fight war with war. I'll fight it with demonstrations and politics and maybe a teensy bit of manipulation. I'll fight my own way to the top, and make a difference.

message 20: by meri (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 127 comments i respect your opinions...

but in my perspective, we can't fight with demonstrations and politics...it's useless to do that in my country...we've tried that method and it failed and still failing..

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) And in my perspective we can do exactly that. We've done that in my country and succeded, and we're still succeding. I'm going to do something with my life, make the world a better place, if just for a handful of people.

message 22: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) We all have tha wish... but it's all corrupted now. The system, the government everything. And even if your country is still safe from it, somewhere, high up, everythings linked togheter. We have corrupted the whole world. It can still be corrected, and I really hope we play a part in doing that, but being honest, I dn't think so..

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Simesteds high up maybe. Very high up. One thing is sure thoguh: no one ever achieved anything by giving up before they even tried. So you want the World to change? Dó something about it. It sint gonna change on its own. It dosent have to be today or tomorrow. Might not even be in our life-time, but i believe that we Can dó anything if our heart is in it.

Which is exactly what im doing. I'll finish my Education and then travel the World for a couple of years to get an understanding of different cultures. Then, when ive build up my knowledge of this World, ill go into politics and from there on dó everything in my power to make a difference. And I also Wont stop believing that i Can dó That :)

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Also i apologize for All the spelling mistakes, im on iPad, and it keeps correcting my words with Danish spelling-check :(

message 25: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) It's ok, I can see your using something else :D

I'm with you, Em. :)

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke.

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Emma (Snowy thoughts) wrote: ""The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke."

so true