Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > New Lee Child Talk

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments This copied from an email from Lee Child's web site maven...

"...Lee has two NYC events tomorrow, Wednesday, October 20th. Those of you planning to attend the Barnes & Noble Union Square event at 7pm will see CBS there taping for a Sunday Morning profile of Lee. Come on down - the more the merrier! See here for details: Appearances.

Set your Tivo or DVR for this Sunday (here's a link to CBS for air times in your city/station). Lee's profile will air this Sunday morning, October 24th. Fall-back date is the next Sunday, October 31st. CBS has already spent time with Lee in his NYC apartment, at a few locations from GONE TOMORROW, and they had great fun taping the huge Reacher Creature bash at last week's Bouchercon in San Francisco. We invited a few hunky Reacher look-alikes to the party and I'm guessing you'll get an eyeful when CBS is done editing the tapes together."

I DVR CBS Sunday Morning anyway, but anyone who is a LC fan should make sure to watch. They do the best profiles, nice and long.

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments I saw the hunky Reacher look-alikes!!! The Australian Reacher stopped and spoke with Jan and me. Georgeous and the Australian accent, too.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Thanks, Carol!! I saw this in the Lee Child newsletter and was very excited!
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "This copied from an email from Lee Child's web site maven...Set your Tivo or DVR for this Sunday on CBS.
I DVR CBS Sunday Morning anyway, but anyone who is a LC fan should make sure to watch. They do the best profiles, nice and long. ."

message 4: by JanG (new)

JanG | 165 comments Cheryl wrote: "I saw the hunky Reacher look-alikes!!! The Australian Reacher stopped and spoke with Jan and me. Georgeous and the Australian accent, too."

Oh my oh my was he gorgeous!! Phew!! What a fun party that was!

message 5: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Anyone take a picture?

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments Marcy wrote: "Anyone take a picture?"

Now you're talkin'!

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments I'm not sure this link will work.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ph...

message 8: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments It says the material posted is "temporarily unavailable" whatever that means.

Cheryl wrote: "I'm not sure this link will work.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ph..."

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "It says the material posted is "temporarily unavailable" whatever that means.

It works for me, but I have a facebook account.

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3791 comments Cheryl wrote: "Carol/Bonadie wrote: "It says the material posted is "temporarily unavailable" whatever that means.

It works for me, but I have a facebook account."

i have a FB account, too but it did't work for me, either. i saw the picture tho on FB the other day- if it's the one of you all at dinner.

message 11: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "This copied from an email from Lee Child's web site maven...

"...Lee has two NYC events tomorrow, Wednesday, October 20th. Those of you planning to attend the Barnes & Noble Union Square event ..."

Thaks for posting this, I usually watch that show or record it if I'm out.

message 12: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments Cheryl wrote: "Carol/Bonadie wrote: "It says the material posted is "temporarily unavailable" whatever that means.

I do too. (We're friends.)

message 13: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Cheryl wrote: "Carol/Bonadie wrote: "It says the material posted is "temporarily unavailable" whatever that means.

I do too. (We're friends.)"

Sorry, Carol. I knew that. I am friends with Judy Bobalik, and that picture was taken from her post. I'm guessing that unless you are friends with her, you can't see it.

message 14: by Ann (last edited Oct 23, 2010 09:05AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Cheryl:
Not that you need to do this! But if you 'tag' the photo for yourself, it will appear under your photos on Facebook and I believe your FB friends could then see it. Tagging usually is done to identify the people in a photo, but I have seen it done on the background of group shots to connect it to other people's albums too, like with family photos that everyone wants to see whether they are in the shot or not.

Cheryl wrote: "Sorry, Carol. I knew that. I am friends with Judy Bobalik, and that picture was taken from her post. I'm guessing that unless you are friends with her, you can't see it. ."

message 15: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments I just watched the Lee Child segment. It was fun because it included people I knew and places I'd been. The Reacher look-alike that Jan and I met was featured at the end.

message 16: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments I DVR'd it so I'll watch it sometime today.

Cheryl wrote: "I just watched the Lee Child segment. It was fun because it included people I knew and places I'd been. The Reacher look-alike that Jan and I met was featured at the end."

message 17: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3791 comments Cheryl wrote: "I just watched the Lee Child segment. It was fun because it included people I knew and places I'd been. The Reacher look-alike that Jan and I met was featured at the end."

what a fun segment!
the reacher look alike - not too bad on the eyes.
he looked kind of like lee child ;)

message 18: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments He was easy on the eyes, but a little too "pretty." My image of Reacher has him a little more weather-worn. Or maybe just older...

Sherry wrote: "Cheryl wrote: "I just watched the Lee Child segment. It was fun because it included people I knew and places I'd been. The Reacher look-alike that Jan and I met was featured at the end."

what a ..."

message 19: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments Looked much more like an amped up Lee Child then my image of Reacher.

message 20: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Carol:
Maybe a little more of both - after all Reacher doesn't use moisturizer on his face! ;) It was a nice segment.

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "He was easy on the eyes, but a little too "pretty." My image of Reacher has him a little more weather-worn. Or maybe just older...

Sherry wrote: "Cheryl wrote: "I just watched the Lee Child seg..."

message 21: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments I forgot all about the show.

message 22: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Merrilee: here is a link!
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?i...
Merrilee in AZ wrote: "I forgot all about the show."

message 23: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3791 comments this was on my facebook page today:
http://www.kindlepost.com/2010/10/gue...

message 24: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3669 comments Just watched it and it makes me want to see which book or books I still of to read and which ones I own so I can get caught up with the series. I've enjoyed each of the Reacher books I've read so far.

message 25: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments I just watched it, thanks for the link. I love him and his books. I just started the new one this afternoon

message 26: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments thanks, Sherry!
I was glad to read Lee's take on the ending to 61 Hours which after his explanation made more sense and was rather nice in that he gives the reader a lot of credit for being able to "get it". (even though I didn't really at the time) ;)

Sherry wrote: "this was on my facebook page today:
http://www.kindlepost.com/2010/10/gue..."

message 27: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3791 comments Ann wrote: "thanks, Sherry!
I was glad to read Lee's take on the ending to 61 Hours which after his explanation made more sense and was rather nice in that he gives the reader a lot of credit for being able to..."

yw, ann. that was how i felt, too.