Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > Happy Second Birthday, Terminal Coffee!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Oct 19, 2010 04:57AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Two years ago this afternoon TC was born with this post:

So I still want to see that Nick and Norah thing. And La Dol...(how do you spell it?) Vida is coming from Netflix, too.

Thanks to everyone for collaboratively making TC a great place to hang out and feel part of something open and cool for a wide range of people. TC relies on all of us (we?) contributors to keep the conversations alive, hopefully in a way that doesn't feel like work and is open, authentic, and full of joy, support, disagreement, and pictures of everything from half-dressed celebrities to donkeys in Holland.

(Ok, that sounded a bit like an NPR pledge drive. And God, I hate those.)

Thank you. Everyone. Seriously. Yay for us. High-fives all around. Group hugs like at the end of an SNL episode. And did you see Tina Fey on that live 30 Rock episode? She was HOT. What flavor oatmeal should I have for breakfast? Do you still sneeze into your hands or do you do that elbow thing? Last night some community event took all the library parking and pissed me off. Oh, wait, I'm getting a little off topic. I look forward to seeing you every day. Carry on. That is all.

message 2: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that mean TC is in the terrible twos stage?

message 3: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments nice first post, very ... historic.

ok, for once i'll participate in a group hug.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Did somebody mention Tina Fey?

[image error]

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Happy Birthday TC, and thanks RA for giving birth.

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
She's really not hot.

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Then we should agree to disagree Sally.

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I like her glasses. I know ... I'm weird.

message 9: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Jim wrote: "Happy Birthday TC, and thanks RA for giving birth."

I understand he needed a saddle block.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Happy birthday, TC!

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I want some cake. Right now. Happy birthday, TC. It's been fun. Sometimes I try to recall how I ever came across this group. Must have been fate. Actually, it's pure luck that I ever found Goodreads. Thanks to my friend Shaindel for that.

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I was actually pointed this direction from a lady in a FF discussion board that I barely knew. Once I signed on, I believe that I saw TC under the currently active list(or something like that), clicked on it, and the rest is history.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I found TC (and the groups in general) through Mindy. I think there were only a handful of topics, but they were all on music and movies and other things I like to talk about.

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori I wandered over from miniam.

WOOHOO for TC! A definite pick-upper for me on an almost daily basis!

message 15: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I am in a meeting right now, but a part of my brain buzzed that said "somewhere on TC extremely hot pictures of Tina Fey are being posted!" I ran right over...post#5...holy hell. Thank you, Jim.

message 16: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Clark wrote: "Jim wrote: "Happy Birthday TC, and thanks RA for giving birth."

I understand he needed a saddle block."

Alcohol epidural...I think I was buzzed that night...as were probably many of you when you first showed up...:)

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I can't put my finger on it KD (actually she keeps slapping my hand away) but there is something about her, and brains are a good thing!

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) She's very bright and very funny -- and she doesn't mind making fun of herself. That's hot.

message 19: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments We must now duel for her honor, sir...:)

message 20: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments and i'm still the guy who has the connie chung pin-up calendar in my garage

message 21: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I don't know how I feel about Tina Fey being called hot 'cause its like, she doesn't need to be hot, you know?

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I thought she was hot before all the glamour shots and makeovers, just because she's bright and funny and confident. I also thought Allison Janney was hot on West Wing, though I wouldn't necessarily have noticed in her other roles.

message 23: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Allison Janey as CJ....smokin'.

message 24: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "I thought she was hot before all the glamour shots and makeovers, just because she's bright and funny and confident. I also thought Allison Janney was hot on West Wing, though I wouldn't necessar..."

Allison Janney may be the first lady we disagree on Sarah. I may have to go see some West Wing photos first.

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) She's a terrific actor. I know that for sure. She was excellent in American Beauty as the depressed wife/mother. One would hardly recognize her from character in West Wing.

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments
But it wasn't about the look, it was the walk-and-talk. I had the hots for just about everybody on West Wing except Moira Kelly. Mary-Louise Parker was ten times awesomer on West Wing than on Weeds, too.

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Her character was strong, capable, and secure -- all hot ingredients pour moi.

message 28: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Never saw the show, so guess I will not comprehend.

message 29: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments it's possible that the way his hair sticks up all pointy on either side of his head subliminally makes you "horny"

message 30: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart That guy does absolutely nothing for me.

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments King Dinösaur wrote: "Huh. Yeah, it must be in context 'cause that picture does nothing for me."

The picture does nothing for me, but I can't go on big photo searches on this computer. And I don't think any photo would do it - like I said, it was all in the walk-and-talk.

message 32: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments That guy does nothing for me either Barb, but I'm liking msg#41.

message 33: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Work is over rated Barb, just keep doing what you're doing!

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments #48 is called the Judy Tenuta.

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments

message 36: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments [image error]

message 37: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i suddenly am more interested in tina fey. judy had her 15 mins of fame. about when paula poundstone did

message 38: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments and louie anderson

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I think Judy's heyday was pre-Paula Poundstone.

message 40: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart This guy does tons for me. It's all about attitude. Too bad Ron Swanson isn't a real person:

description

message 41: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments oohhhh. a challenge to my pop-culture-ness

message 42: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Is it bad that I'm more attracted to what's in his hand?

message 43: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments That show is set in Indiana, too, Kevin!

message 44: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments as long as we're going down that road gene hunt deserves a spot too, if only for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz8ppu...

message 45: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart HAHAHA There has to be a youtube clip that explains that or something:

Okay, this doesn't explain it, but it shows Ron's awesomeness:

http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreati...

message 46: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i think SP was correct. maybe judy prime was mid 80's with PP prime around 1990. i am man enough to admit my mistakes and girl enough to pout about it

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments It's ok. Your memory may be clouded with shoulderpads.

message 48: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments oh yeah! that was the time when some girls looked like NFL players with all those high shoulder-ma-pads in their sweaters. they looked great with parachute pants and the joanie loves chachi haircuts

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I have this boxed set DVD of female comedians from the 80s and early 90s: Rita Rudner, Ellen DeGeneres, Ellen Kleghorn, Paula Poundstone, etc. It's great, but the clothes make it almost unwatchable.

message 50: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments The early 80's are a blur to me, but I'm pretty sure I must have lived through them.

« previous 1