Pirate Romance discussion

Group Book Reads & Discussions > November 2010 Nominations

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com (last edited Oct 24, 2010 02:53PM) (new)

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com (miss_jana) | 89 comments Mod
Hi all!

So... The results are in for November's group read, with a whopping 3 votes! lol. The winner is...

Her Master and Commander (Just Ask Reeves, #1) by Karen Hawkins Her Master and Commander by Karen Hawkins!

We will start reading on November 1st, which is two weeks from today. That should give everyone a chance to get the book in time, whether you plan to order it online or stop by a book store. Good luck finding it!

Those who plan to participate, please post here letting us know and then again when you have your book. We can postpone if we absolutely have to, but it'd be nice to not have to. Happy book hunting!

Participants:

SmittenKitten
Sandi

? - Karla

message 2: by Karla (new)

Karla Hmm, I've been thinking of getting this one simply for the title. I won't be able to read it without thinking of Jack Aubrey. :D

message 3: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments I already own the book, so I will be ready to start reading in Nov. :)

Wonderful, SmittenKitten!

Karla, do join our group read if you end up buying the book! This might give you a reason to buy it sooner!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 550 comments Mod
Ive got mine & ready to read!

Ok Ive read this book & have to say I was very dissapointed. Not even close to a "pirate" read you can read my review here Her Master and Commander

Sandi, that's terrible! I was not able to get my book in time, so I think this group read will have to be without me, sadly. It starts tomorrow. This one might actually end up fizzling, especially if everyone feels like Sandi did! Darn... lol.

Im going to make sure the next one is 100% PIRATE!
I know SmittenKitten is going to read it..so maybe she will have a better review.I would just like to stick only to Pirate stories as thats what I like about this group that ok Jana? maybe the next group read we can set for Jan..as Dec is a busy month for all..what do you think?

I'm all for just strictly pirate! That's what I was hoping for as well. :)

January is fine with me. December is pretty busy, for sure. :) We'll start taking nominations in a few weeks!

Sounds good Jana..gives others time to get the book as well.

message 11: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments I'm going to start this one this week, but my expectations are low. :)

Id be interested in your opinion SmittenKitten...maybe it was just me...?

message 13: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments So I've been staring at this book all week... but I just can't bring myself to read it! I might have to pass on this one... sorry to leave you hanging Sandi!

Dont be sorry...maybe we can do a Pirate read in Jan..how does that sound? but dont give the book away..you might like it better than I did.

message 15: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Ok, so instead of Her Master and Commander, I've decided to read The Wind & the Sea. :)

OHHH if I had the book I would read with you! so because the other one stunk Im reading Beauvallet by Georgette Heyer
in its place to make up for it.

message 17: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments So maybe we will make this "pick your own pirate romance and report back" group read :)

So far, The Wind & the Sea is awesome!! And there has even been a little bit of BR characteristics... the hero beat the crap out of the heroine (while thinking she was a "boy").

I had this book BRAND new when it came out..lent it to a friend & never saw it again.GGGRR could kick myself! Ive been watching to find it somewhere at a decent price..so far no luck.

message 19: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments So, did you at least get to read it before you lent it out? :)

I just finished The Wind & the Sea a couple of days ago... it was amazing! It's completely action-packed, never a dull moment. It now tops my list as the number one pirate romance I've ever read.

I did..but cant remember the story..but I DO remember I loved it so much it was to go on my keeper shelf. I ranted & raved about it this person begged to read it..so nice person that I am..lent it to her..SHE lent it to someone without asking me & good-bye book..:(

message 21: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Sandi wrote: "SHE lent it to someone without asking me & good-bye book..."

And that would be the end of the friendship for me!

Yup...pretty much.