Romance Audiobooks discussion

Audiobook Discussions > Simply Audiobooks?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (melindaparmer) | 123 comments Is anyone a member of Simply Audiobooks? I was just going there to look things over, to see if their inventory was any different from Audible.com.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I don't have any experience with Simply Audiobooks but I do check their inventory every so often. It does seem that Audible has a good number of romance titles I don't find elsewhere - does anyone know differently?

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane Mason | 129 comments Afraid I'm not going to be any help as I only check out other sites/bookstores if I can't find what I want at Audible. Simply Audiobooks is one site I've never heard of and I'm sure it's not the only one.

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (melindaparmer) | 123 comments I went there and looked around - if you choose "romance", it gives you 4 choices, and if you pick historical, there's a list of maybe 10 per page, 3 pages; if you pick contemporary, it's about 5 pages. I got vaguely excited when I saw a title or 2 I hadn't seen before - those turned out to be abridged anyway. I don't think it is worth it to join. They have 2 plans - a download/monthly fee like audible, and a plan sort of like Netflix - they send you CDs and when you are done, you return it and get another.

that's my take, anyway!!

message 5: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I've looked @ the site but never saw anything there that compelled me to join.

message 6: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (melindaparmer) | 123 comments another site: weread4you.com (we read 4 you - for those, like me that couldn't make it mean anything!!)

No membership/plan/monthly fee, just buy and download. Very small romance section, prices higher than audible.com member prices but maybe good for someone not already an audible member.