Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

It's All Fun & Games > Winners of Lisa Kleypas' Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor 25 Book Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Hi everyone,

Lauren, Sashana, & I have started selecting winners. We will be adding more winners each day. A portion of the winners will be picked at random via a name in hat type drawing. I'll be contacting people who have won over the next 3 to 4 days to get their addresses. I need them by the 21st so I can send them to the publisher. So be checking your inboxes and this topic.

Sincerely,
Lisarenee

message 2: by Lisarenee (last edited Oct 20, 2010 10:27PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Our 25 winners and why they were selected:
1)Sashana because she is a moderator of this group.
2)Lauren because she is a moderator of this group.
3)Sans because she was first to answer the advice topic, and is one of our top 10 active members. We asked for advice on how to determine who should get a book.
4)Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" because she created the We Love Lisa Kleypas group. Now that's love.
5)Nicholas because he dared to enter and we're an equal opportunity group. lol
6)Katherine because she loves Kleypas and is very active in the group.
7)Lisa S. because she's active in the group and has never ever read a romance. For shame.lol
8)Sheila because she was our one and only Hedgehog in the Which Animal Are You? Reading Challenge (which happens to be associated with Lisa Kleypas' Hathaway series).
9)Lacy because she is one of our top 10 active members. She even got into a discussion in our International Chat topic.
10)Bekah because she answered the first of five Lisa Kleypas quizzes correctly.
11)Shannon because she answered the second of five Lisa Kleypas quizzes correctly.
12)Rachel (second Rachel to enter) because she answered the third of five Lisa Kleypas quizzes correctly.
13)Jaclyn because she answered the fourth of five Lisa Kleypas quizzes correctly.
14)Missy because she answered the fifth of five Lisa Kleypas quizzes correctly.
15)Heather (with the black cat) because right when I found out we would be doing this giveaway I checked and she had the highest number of posts (after us, the moderators) and she is a newly declared Lisa Kleypas fan.
16)Desiree because we randomly picked her name out of a basket.
17)Christine S. because we randomly picked her name out of a basket.
18)Angie because we randomly picked her name out of a basket.
19)Kimberly *Kyhm* won for her question to Lisa Kleypas.
20)Rachel (the first of the two Rachels to enter)
21)Kaelea because we randomly picked her name out of a basket.
22)Lacey because we randomly picked her name out of a basket.
23)Gabrielle because we randomly picked her name out of a basket.
24)Deana because we randomly picked her name out of a basket.
25)Bjarnold because we randomly picked her name out of a basket.

message 3: by Sans (new)

Sans Muah! Thank you, darling! You have my address still, I believe? Let me know if you need it again.

message 4: by Deana (new)

Deana Pittman Congrats all!

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments Ditto! Speaking of Kleypas, I Just started Secrets of a Summer Night and it is very good!

And I saw her Christmas Eve book in the latest RT and it looks so good..

message 6: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Heather, did you sign up for the giveaway?

message 7: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Deana wrote: "Congrats all!"

We still have more to give out!

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments Uh, no, where do I do that? What the hell? Was I sleeping? Hmm, yeah or it is just old age..

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments OK Sashana, thank you for laughing or yelling, wait you did laugh! Humpf..

Lisa, I signed up!!

message 11: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I didn't laugh *innocent eyes*.

message 12: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Thank you girls. What fun. I'm reading a Kleypas book right now, Tempt Me at Twilight. I'm so excited.

message 13: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Thanks Ladies! I promise I will read more romance. LOL

message 14: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments We're up to 11 winners.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Thanks so much, girls!! You made my day!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Sans wrote: "Muah! Thank you, darling! You have my address still, I believe? Let me know if you need it again."

good job Sans!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Well I'll just have to be more active in the group then huh? Lol!

message 18: by Lisarenee (last edited Oct 19, 2010 09:47AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments We're up to 15 winners. Congrats Bekah, Shannon, Rachel (the second to enter), Jaclyn, & Missy for answering the Lisa Kleypas mini quizzes correctly.

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments Sashana, I saw that!

Lisa, what? What? What quiz??? I've only read one book and I am reading another one! ACK!

message 20: by Jaclyn (last edited Oct 19, 2010 12:52PM) (new)

Jaclyn (pnrbookworm) Woohoo! I can't wait to get my hands on this new book. Thanks!! And thanks to St. Martin's Press. Lisarenee, I'll send you my address.

message 21: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments We created 5 mini quizzes and we had 5 people who answered the questions and won books.

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments Yeah, I saw it a short while ago..

I can't answer all of them..

message 23: by Sans (new)

Sans Gabrielle wrote: "Well I'll just have to be more active in the group then huh? Lol!"

Haha! I seem to have a hard time shutting up and keeping myself to myself most days. ^_~

message 24: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 931 comments Heather wrote: "Yeah, I saw it a short while ago..

I can't answer all of them.."

Try your best! :)

message 25: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Lauren, The quizzes were all completed. Winners for each of the quizzes.

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 931 comments Oh ok.. Sorry

message 27: by exxcentrica (new)

exxcentrica So are the last 10 "out of the hat"? I feel out of my league here :D

message 28: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Lol, Kim we're talking about that right now. I'll let you know in a few minutes.

message 29: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments First winner chosen at random: Desiree. I took all the names of everyone who entered and hasn't won and put them in a basket. Desiree's name was the one I pulled out. Congratulations!

message 30: by Jen (new)

Jen (jencroup) Congrats to everyone who has won so far!!!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Good job to those who've won so far!

message 32: by Sans (new)

Sans Congratulations to all the winners thus far!

message 33: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Second winner chosen at random: Christine S. Congratulations!

message 34: by Deana (new)

Deana Pittman PICK ME! PICK ME! PICK ME!

Ha. Ha. Congrats to everyone that has won so far! Isn't it great to get free books!!!

message 35: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Congrats everyone! Remember to private message Lisarenee with your addresses.

Deana, I always say the only things better than books are free books lol.

message 36: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I went to B&N tonight and I was looking at her books. I started to buy one, but I didn't know which one I should start with. Any suggestions?

Congrats to all the winners.

message 37: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Lisa, Would you prefer contemporary or historical?

message 38: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Third winner chosen at random: Angie. Congratulations!

message 39: by Lisa S (last edited Oct 20, 2010 06:53PM) (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Lisarenee said:'Lisa, Would you prefer contemporary or historical? "

Either one. If I'm gonna read romance (shudder) I guess it doesn't really matter.

message 40: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I'm torn between starting you off with the Wallflowers series or the Hathaway series. Wallflowers proceeds Hathaways and there are some carryover character, but my favorite all time Lisa Kleypas novel is Mine till Midnight. Read the descriptions and see which sounds more to your liking. The first in the Wallflower series is Secrets of a Summer Night. My favorite book in that series is the second book, It Happened One Autumn, but read the first in the series first. It explains how the Wallflowers became friends.

message 41: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I actually did look at Mine Till Midnight.

Thanks Lisarenee

message 42: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Oct 20, 2010 07:56PM) (new)

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (ladyjayne) | 155 comments Hi Lisa S, Please note that Again The Magic is a sort of "prequel" to the Wallflowers series.

I'd actualy recommend reading the books in chronological order since the characters from Wallflowers, who make cameos in the Hathaway series, particularly in Mine Till Midnight, won't give you the "awww"-feeling, since you won't have known them yet, and won't feel like you are seeing "old friends". Though they can be read as standalones.

If you want to read them in chronological order:

("Prequel" to Wallflowers)
Again The Magic – Note that this is one of her more emotional and angsty books, but I love it!

Wallflowers: - Romantic and humorous - about 4 wallflowers who band together to find husbands.
Secrets of a Summer Night
It Happened One Autumn
Devil in Winter
Scandal in Spring
A Wallflower Christmas

Hathaways: A lovable, eccentric family, who move into a property near one of the Wallflowers.
Mine Till Midnight
Seduce Me at Sunrise
Tempt Me at Twilight
Love in the Afternoon
Married By Morning

message 43: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Ugh, so jealous! Congrats to everyone who has won so far, though! :)

message 44: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Oct 20, 2010 08:01PM) (new)

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (ladyjayne) | 155 comments I can't even enter since I live in Australia. :-( *sniff, sniff* Oh, well....I've already pre-ordered my copy, anyway. CONGRATS to all the winners!!

message 45: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Aww, poor Lady Jayne D:

message 46: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Okay, I'm going to start shutting down some of the topics and start drawing names and looking at the questions and seeing which of those who've submitted questions hasn't yet received a book and which question of those is the best. I'll start posting in a bit.

message 47: by Lisarenee (last edited Oct 20, 2010 10:01PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments For her question to Ms. Kleypas, Kimberly *Kyhm* will win a book. She was the only one who asked a question who hadn't won a book and was entered in the giveaway. Plus, she asked a good question. She is our 19th winner.

Added later:
Thought I'd note I also drew her name from the basket so she was destined to win a book. Of course there is only one book per person.

message 48: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments 20)Fourth winner chosen at random: Rachel (the first of the two Rachels to enter). Congratulations!

message 49: by Lisarenee (last edited Oct 20, 2010 09:49PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments 21)Fifth winner chosen at random: Kaelea. Congratulations!

message 50: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments 22)Sixth winner chosen at random: Lacey. Congratulations!

« previous 1