Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Monday Puzzler > Monday Puzzler - October 18

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
“I see I have rendered you speechless.” His eyes smoldered as they passed over her face to fasten on her still-burning lips. “I didn’t think it possible.”
She ignored the insult. “Is this how you cow all your enemies?”

“Only the pretty ones.” He arched an eyebrow. “And you don’t look particularly cowed. I must be slipping.”

Desperate to hide her bewildering reaction to his assault, she retorted, “It would take a great deal more than a rude kiss to cow me.”

“Would it really?” A devilish smile touched his lips as he once more clasped her waist. When she arched away, he caught her jaw between his thumb and forefinger to hold it still. “Then I’m certainly willing to oblige.”

She stiffened, prepared to resist this time. But he took her by surprise. His mouth barely brushed hers, a gossamer touch that roused gooseflesh on her arms. Playfully, seductively, he toyed with her lips, the kiss as tempting as sweets to a starving child.

message 2: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1923 comments Mod
Wow! This one sounds very, very familiar but I'm darned if I can remember what it is! Looking forward to finding out:)

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyw35) | 128 comments Manda wrote: "Wow! This one sounds very, very familiar but I'm darned if I can remember what it is! Looking forward to finding out:)"

Same here! I'm almost positive I read it recently, and yet I don't know what it is.

message 4: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2112 comments Mod
I'm with y'all, I know I know it, but I just can't place it.

message 5: by Monica (new)

Monica | 548 comments Mod
I agree. I (think) know it, but can't place it...

message 6: by Melany (new)

Melany (azingirlygirl) | 49 comments i think there was a similar one right before the BB closed
but i definitely dont know what this one is

message 7: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
And the answer is: The Dangerous Lord by Sabrina Jeffries.

message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyw35) | 128 comments Wow! I haven't read this one.

message 9: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
I have and missed it completely

message 10: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I've read it too, and while I thought it might be from Jeffries, I had no idea which book. Good choice, Kasey!

message 11: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Thanks! I chose it becasue I was rereading it recently. For those who have not read it yet, it is the third book in her Lord series.

message 12: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2112 comments Mod
Yes! I knew it sounded familiar.

message 13: by Monica (new)

Monica | 548 comments Mod
Nope, I haven't read it! I did sound familiar though!