Realm Role Play discussion

Characters > Dual World Characters

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arianwyhn (last edited Oct 21, 2010 05:36AM) (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments (This thread is now open for bouncing ideas and for characters to start any kind of new RP.)

Name:
Weight:
Build:
Eyes:
Hair:
Powers:
Appearance:
History:

message 2: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Is this time period modern or medieval on Earth?

message 3: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments On Earth it is modern but in Cahnan it is medieval.

message 4: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Michael Dolan | 1272 comments Mod
Excellent. I'll write up a character soon.

message 5: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Ok. I'll also figure something out... plotlines take me a while...

message 6: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Hehehe.

message 7: by Kataury (new)

Kataury By arcane warrior what do you mean?

message 8: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments I am going to have it to where, when the humans fall through Eshe's deity son Kiyo comes to them each and tells them they may ask one thing to help them get back to their world. Though he is not powerful enough to send them back himself. My character asks of Kiyo that she is able to defend herself. Kiyo then grants her the knowledge of skills with any blade she picks up and magical abilities. I.E. she uses her magic spell flame to make her sword red hot or her ice spell to make it cold.

message 9: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments and don't worry take all the time you need! =)

message 10: by Kataury (last edited Mar 03, 2011 04:10AM) (new)

Kataury Alright, I get it. Now for a plotline. I need to see a few more characters of course. I'm making mine right now.

Name:Devon Ream
Race:Human
God:Loki
Height:Average
Weight:Little below average weight, I always screw height and weight up so just bear with me.
Build:Little bit less than the average medium
Eyes:hm... let's be adventurous and say dark blue.
Hair:Coppery, just to be a little exotic. heh heh.
Powers:I suppose he should have something since he's going to fall in a parallel dimension hm? Let me think... possibly telekinesis?? I have no idea, I'm probably going to need your help on this Ari. I think your thoughts on what I have in mind are going to be a key part of the rp.
Appearance:...Ho hum... well, I'd say he wears black slacks and a white blouse, tucked in when he's at work and not when he's anywhere else.
History:His family all live in South Dakota, middle of nowhere, a total hick family. He came to the big city in hopes of a new future, wanting more to life than just a simple farmboy. He craves to be up with the big dogs of society, whether its in industry or politics or anywhere with influence, money, and power. He craves power more than anything else and isn't afraid to step on a few heads to get there.
While pulling as many strings as possible he works as a bartender at a club until he can find the right angle and the right time and place.

message 11: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments Sounds great! tell me what you got?
He can have telekinesis! I am open to anything you want to do. Though he might could already have that when he comes over and is found by an evil entity and his total potential is unlocked? ??? hows that sound???

message 12: by Kataury (new)

Kataury I have no idea yet for the plot. I'm still working on that one. But I'll figure something out...
eh? What do you mean?

message 13: by Arianwyhn (last edited Oct 19, 2010 08:46PM) (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments Do you wish him to be evil?

If so when he falls through the open crack in the dimension he can land in a place that is covered with evil entities (I.E. Demons, evil sorcerers or the evil head honcho himself, whoever that may be.) and this said bad guy unlocks his ability to use psi-energy.
Make sense???

message 14: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

OOOOHHH!!! I waaannt tooo beeee a government elite troop/assassin who gets tapped by the bad guys in the alternate world to be one of their chosen ones. It could work.

message 15: by Arianwyhn (last edited Oct 19, 2010 08:26PM) (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments *laughs* Of course!!!!! You can do whatever you want! Oh noes! I got my work cut out for me! lol! two bad guys and one girl on the side of good!

message 16: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

No, it will be good. I need to make myself more familiar with the mythology of the setting...

message 17: by Arianwyhn (last edited Oct 19, 2010 08:53PM) (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments Oh okies, I see you want to be a good guy trapped by the bad guys!!! Oh... I think I have a small confused!

Would you like me to write out a little more about Cahnan?

You know you guys don't HAVE to be humans. :P you can be elves that are already in Cahnan.

message 18: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

If you don't mind. And I mean basically a neutral character. Because he'd probably just be out for himself.

message 19: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

How would a person from the real world who has not necessarily been to the other world still be the champion of the villains?

message 20: by Kataury (new)

Kataury With what?

message 21: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

I don't understand your question.

message 22: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Sorry, I was replying to Ari's post before yours.

message 23: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

OHHH... that makes much more sense now. Good night all, I will be on tomorrow.

message 24: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments @ Kataury - lol Michael asked me to give a little more info about the world of Cahnan. It's a scratchy plot...

@ Michael - I think that humans have a great potential for magic, but the fact that on earth the magic has been sapped.... pulled into Cahnan and when they get there, their powers need only to be unlocked. Once they are the humans are more powerful than the beings that live in the magical realm

message 25: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments Hey guys,
Due to certain events that have taken place at home, I do not think I have the time I need to give my full attention to starting a new thread. This idea has turned out to be a little too complex for me and I guess it would be a good idea to scratch it.

Perhaps when I have more time I can come up with a better story line for in and I'll post it. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

I do intend on keeping up with the other role plays and being in them! *smiles*
Sorry...

-Ari

message 26: by Kataury (new)

Kataury So, should we begin this roleplay?

message 27: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments We can if you wish, but we may have to change the settings a bit. I think I dropped this because the story I created was too complex and I even confused myself. If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them. I am always up for more rp.

message 28: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Maybe not as complex, but somehow they get involved in a different world. There's always plenty of possibilities when it comes to two worlds. Let me think of something, sometimes it's best to just start it out so that we can write up the setting. Whoever wants to start.

message 29: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments KK^^ I will try to think of something...o.o

message 30: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Alright, well, I'm ready for this roleplay to get going. I hope you don't mind if I start us off Morrowen.

message 31: by Maralune (new)

Maralune | 1144 comments Mod
Haha wow this is also similar to a book that i am writing. How exactly do they get pulled through the worlds? and is it alright if i have a character who is half and half?

message 32: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (last edited Mar 02, 2011 10:17AM) (new)

Name: John Murphy
Race: Human
God: Tyr
Height: Well above average height.
Weight: Around 210
Build: Muscular and broad shouldered.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dirty blond or mousy brown.
Powers: None that he's aware of. (I'm sure he'll get some at some point, my character archetype being what it is.)
Appearance: Fairly handsome, tanned, wears browns, grays and other earthy tones.
History: Graduated from a local college, majoring in philosophy. He was a forced to take a military job due to a poor local economy, and returned after a three year tour in the Middle East. Since his return, he's been working on counseling other veterans and trying to make a living as a writer.

message 33: by Maralune (last edited Feb 28, 2011 08:36PM) (new)

Name: Emily Wood
Height: 5'7
Weight: Light but muscular
Build: Muscular but slight
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde hair
Powers: Not existing yet but when they arrive she can control water.
God: Aegir
Appearance: Pale, slight build but surprisingly strong, blond, green eyes, average height.
History: Flourist, in college, studying to be an actress and writer
Family: Younger sister, mother (never met her father).

message 34: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

I think we all can create quite an interesting story, with the relatively fleshed-out characters.

message 35: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments No i don't mind. O.O Go right ahead^^ We can just throw things out... Lemme post my own CS.

message 36: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments Iris Lockhart

Height: 5'3''

Weight: 150

Build: size 14, large curves

Eyes: Pale blue

Hair: Flaxen

Personality: Hard working, sarcastic, defensive, and depends on no one.

Birthplace: Texas

Backstory:
Her mother and father died when she was only 18 leaving her their home and giving her older brother the money they had accumulated over the years. Li had been in college and only came home for the funeral and the money. She found a job changing oil at the local wal-mart and pushed her feelings aside to grow up. Or rather, that is what she told herself. For years she saw her brother off and on, only knowing he was a maritime archaeologist and often sent her odd baubles from his deep sea finds. One night she opened a UPS package to find a pair of blood red stones set in fine gold and staring up at her from the velvet case. Putting on the earrings, she sat on her couch basking in the glow of having a thoughtful brother when they truly began shining. Before she could scream her body fell through the floor as though something pulled her. She flew down forever until her body jerked to a stop and she landed gently onto a soft surface. A voice taunted her, bringing her back to her senses and into a completely different dimension filled with dark monsters.

message 37: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments (Okay...O.o.. *repeats to herself* Not as complex.... not as complex.... not as complex...)

War.... the thing that stems throughout thousands of years of existence. The heart beat of every millennium...

Back in the days of old were the gods... Every mythology has them... Christianity... Greek... Roman... and in every mythology there was war between them...

The AEsir.... were a mighty race of sub-godlike creatures that fought valiantly in Ragnarok... only to have their lord wounded at the very end. In a show of true love for their lord the AEsir banded together and used every ounce of their power to sever themselves from this reality... only to create a new one....

For several thousand years... there has been peace between the two worlds living parallel to one another.

But... A war has begun in Canon... An evil god has risen from the ashes of the old ways and clashed with the goddess of life...

The people of earth with their slumbering mystical powers seem ripe for the taking, and in one fell swoop the most powerful are captured and brought to Canon...

In the end... it is a age old question to be asked...

Who will YOU fight for?....

message 38: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments (How was that? X.X)

message 39: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Great. Now... let's get cracking on this.

message 40: by Maralune (new)

(( Sounds awesome :) ))

message 41: by Kataury (new)

Kataury I suggest that all people who have created character profiles edit their profiles to their selected God.

message 42: by Maralune (new)

oh are we being gods??

message 43: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Not exactly. It's whichever Norse god selected your character as their champion.

message 44: by Maralune (new)

((OH! Ok ))