What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Sweet Romantic Fiction Novel

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane (dianescrivener) Several years ago (maybe 8 or 10), someone gave me a book to read. It was used, so the book itself is older than the 8 or 10 years. I have noooo idea what the name of the book is, or who the author is. This is where I need your help =)

The story was about a young woman. VERY shy... she was "mousey" and wore glasses. She had a job, I want to say.. in an office? She did not have any friends really. One day she took notice of a young man who worked in the same building. I believe he worked in the mail room. He was very "spunky" and friendly. He was kind to her right away. One thing I remember the book really playing upon was his feet. He was always jumping/running go go go!

They ended up falling in love and he married her. About half way through the book, he had an accident on an escalator and had to have his feet amputated. This was difficult for her as his feet was one of the things she loved about him from the start. (I'm thinking his name was David?) The rest of the story deals with his depression from the accident, the tolls on their marriage and so forth. The cover of the book had just the face of the girl. It was a drawing, not a photograph. She had long brown hair and glasses. She was plain.
VERY good book, LOVED it.. wish I could remember. Can you help me? =)
Di

MB (What she read) | 136 comments In googling, I found this list of romance novels with disabled main characters. It may possibly be helpful to you? Maybe one of the titles will look familiar.

http://www.likesbooks.com/disabled.html

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane (dianescrivener) MB wrote: "In googling, I found this list of romance novels with disabled main characters. It may possibly be helpful to you? Maybe one of the titles will look familiar.

http://www.likesbooks.com/disable..."

Excellent MB, I will check it out!

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Diane--any luck on finding this book yet? (and BUMP)

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40168 comments Mod
Diane, are you still looking for this or did you find it on the list above?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40168 comments Mod
No response, poster inactive since 2010. Moving to Abandoned.