TV We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > Hawaii Five 0

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gregory (new)

Gregory | 17 comments I enjoyed the series premiere of the New Hawaii Five 0. I grew up watching the old series. I want to hear from people who love watching the new series.

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm enjoying the new series.... I like the camaraderie between Scott Caan and Alex O'Loughlin.. that really makes the show for me.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I'm liking the show, but then again, I tend to like these cop action/dramas. I like the setting, small town paradise, it's been a bit different so that's refreshing.

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments so far I am loving the show, there is such great chemistry between all the characters, and I find myself laughing each episode to help cut down on the tension!

message 5: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana Urbanek | 13 comments I used to watch the original too, and I'm kind of snippy about new shows taking old shows' names -- I mean, why? Just think of a new name -- the premise is different anyway. But I have to say that I'm enjoying H5-0. (I wasn't going to watch at all, but a friend -- whose TV advice has been stellar in the past -- said I need to, so I did -- and now I'm all caught up thanks to On Demand, yay!)

So, other than the sexy Alex O. (whom I've slobbered over for years now, though I think he looks better than ever), I'm really liking the cast and, as Becky put it, their chemistry. I'd never seen Scott Caan in anything, but I love his dad -- and Scott's the spitting image! The gestures, voice, expressions -- it's uncanny -- and he's got great comic timing too.

The show has some decent storylines with a nice combination of action, procedure, and personal back-stories. Overall, I think it's a keeper. :)

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments I am really enjoying it. The cast really seem to have a great chemistry.

message 7: by Zuzana (new)

Zuzana Urbanek | 13 comments Yeah, and the show is well written. It's a fave "mystery|crime" show for me now along with Bones, NCIS, and Lie to Me! (It does not hurt that Alex O. is easy on the eyes.)

message 8: by Angie (new)

Angie I really like this show. It is fun!!!

message 9: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 69 comments I got bored of this one quite quickly. I did love the mano-a-mano with Spike (Buffy/Angel) vs. Mick St John (Moonlight) in the first episode. I hated that Mick cheated and shot him though.

message 10: by Nichole (new)

Nichole (nikkibell) | 21 comments I love Dan-O. I wonder if they will bring back his brother.

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments The season end was really a cliff hanger for me. I like it has left a lot of things open! WOW the "bad guy" in this one really did blow me away, much like castle!

message 12: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments I'm a big fan of this show. I've loved Alex O'Loughlin and Daniel Dae Kim a long time, but now I have become a fan of Scott Caan as well. He really is a lot like his father, isn't he. I can see James in Scott's mannerisms all the time. At any rate, I'm really anxious for the fall premieres to see how they're going to get out of the mess they're in!

message 13: by Gregory (new)

Gregory | 17 comments I feel the same Myra. I am looking forward to Season 2.

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli Hawaii 5-0 starts back again tonight.....

message 15: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments My DVR didnt record - I am so pissed

message 16: by Holli (last edited Mar 15, 2012 10:03AM) (new)

Holli renewed for another season

message 17: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments Yay! So glad they'll be back next year.

message 18: by Holli (new)

Holli PREVIOUSLY ON... | Frank Delano made Chin Ho choose between racing to save his wife Malia or his cousin Kono (who last was seen sinking to the bottom of the ocean, bound and gagged); Joe White led McGarrett to the mysterious "Shelburne" – aka Steve's mom!

COMING UP NEXT | Based on these season premiere photos, it appears that -- spoiler alert! – Kono is alive and well (and back in a bikini), while Chin Ho is conspicuously absent. (Maybe Malia didn't actually make it?) As for the mother of a reveal, Christine Lahti will recur as Doris McGarrett, while Michelle Borth is now a series regular, playing Steve's squeeze/colleague Catherine. On the guest star front, watch for Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction), Arielle Kebbel (90210), Robbie Amell (Revenge) and rapper T.I. to visit the Aloha State.

RETURN DATE | Monday, Sept. 24 at 10/9c (CBS)

message 19: by Holli (new)

Holli renewed for another season