Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Threads, misc. > Sexy cover challenge

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Oct 18, 2010 06:24AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Well, this isn't a challenge of any kind. But when I saw this cover, I just had to share, and thought it'd be fun for anyone who might be interested in sharing other bookcovers as well!

The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Oct 23, 2010 04:30PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Here's a couple more!

Hot for the Holidays (Includes Breeds, #20; Mageverse, #9; Stormwalker, Prequel) by Lora Leigh and Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1) by Nina Bruhns

message 3: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 125 comments Michelle wrote: "Well, this isn't a challenge of any kind. But when I saw this cover, I just had to share, and thought it'd be fun for anyone who might be interested in sharing other bookcovers as well!

[bookco..."

3 letters ... Y.U.M

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Cher wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Well, this isn't a challenge of any kind. But when I saw this cover, I just had to share, and thought it'd be fun for anyone who might be interested in sharing other bookcovers as..."

LOL! I agree! I should look at my books and see which one I think is the sexiest. Whenever I get around to that I'll post a book or two!

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Probably not the sexiest, but I love the covers of
Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone and Blood Deep (Blood, #3) by Sharon Page

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Yesterday, I dragged myself to the used bookstore and bought:

If Looks Could Chill by Nina Bruhns and A Kiss to Kill by Nina Bruhns

message 7: by Michelle (last edited Oct 25, 2010 10:25AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1) by Maya Banks

I think I just like the abs!

message 8: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 369 comments Here's 2 that had my daughter thinking there's something the matter with me (and there is!). She went, "Eww Mommy!"

Nicholas (The Lords of Satyr, #1) by Elizabeth Amber and Raine (The Lords of Satyr, #2) by Elizabeth Amber

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Carolyn F. wrote: "Here's 2 that had my daughter thinking there's something the matter with me (and there is!). She went, "Eww Mommy!"

Nicholas (The Lords of Satyr, #1) by Elizabeth Amber and Raine (The Lords of Satyr, #2) by Elizabeth Amber"

LMAO! I loooooooooooooove the Nicholoas cover!

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Carolyn F. wrote: "Here's 2 that had my daughter thinking there's something the matter with me (and there is!). She went, "Eww Mommy!"

Nicholas (The Lords of Satyr, #1) by Elizabeth Amber and Raine (The Lords of Satyr, #2) by Elizabeth Amber"

LOL!!!! That is too funny!! I used to say the same things to my mom- and now look where I am! LOL!

message 11: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 369 comments And then our kids will do it to their kids, and so on, and so on. It's like a legacy. My dad was the one that had all the questionable books. I grabbed one when I was about 11 and backed away slowly.

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments LOL! I think you're right- it is a legacy!

message 13: by Michelle (last edited Oct 27, 2010 07:22PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I don't know. I really like this one. Is it just me?

Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9) by Kerrelyn Sparks

message 14: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 676 comments Continuing on Carolyn F's post of Elizabeth Amber covers... Can you say YUM!

Lyon (The Lords Of Satyr, #3) by Elizabeth Amber Dominic (The Lords of Satyr, #4) by Elizabeth Amber Dane (The Lords of Satyr, #5) by Elizabeth Amber

Some more good ones are...
Finding the Lost (Sentinel Wars, #2) by Shannon K. Butcher The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3) by Gena Showalter Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward Into the Dark (Lords of the Underworld, #.5 & #3.5, Plus Bonus Material, Atlantis, #5) by Gena Showalter Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole

ok I gotta stop, the drool is dripping onto my keyboard!

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Valorie wrote: "Continuing on Carolyn F's post of Elizabeth Amber covers... Can you say YUM!

Lyon (The Lords Of Satyr, #3) by Elizabeth AmberDominic (The Lords of Satyr, #4) by Elizabeth AmberDane (The Lords of Satyr, #5) by Elizabeth Amber

[bookcover:Find..."

LOL! Great choices!!

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Valorie wrote: "Continuing on Carolyn F's post of Elizabeth Amber covers... Can you say YUM!

Lyon (The Lords Of Satyr, #3) by Elizabeth AmberDominic (The Lords of Satyr, #4) by Elizabeth AmberDane (The Lords of Satyr, #5) by Elizabeth Amber

[bookcover:Find..."

I love those two covers of the Gena Showalter books!!! I think I'm going to start drooling too!! LOL!

message 17: by Michelle (last edited Nov 04, 2010 06:27AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Night Falls Darkly (Shadow Guard, #1) by Kim Lenox

The more I read this book, the more I'm loving this cover!

message 18: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 676 comments Michelle wrote: "Night Falls Darkly (Shadow Guard, #1) by Kim Lenox

The more I read this book, the more I'm loving this cover!"

I really enjoyed that book also!

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments The more I look at it, I really like this cover too =)

Life After Phantom Opera Erotica by Samantha

message 20: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments When I was about 15, the stepback picture on the inside for A Well Favored Gentleman (Avon Historical Romance) by Christina Dodd caused quite a few giggles amongst my friend and I. A naked, muscled, dark and handsome man, all wet and glistening in the sun as he comes up from the water... which stops right below his hips. It was one of my faves.

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jan 11, 2011 04:48PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Has to be Raine for me. Made me buy the book too! Raine (The Lords of Satyr, #2) by Elizabeth Amber

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Valorie wrote: "Continuing on Carolyn F's post of Elizabeth Amber covers... Can you say YUM!

Hey Valorie, did you know that

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward won best romance cover for 2010 Goodreads Choice Awards?

http://www.goodreads.com/award/choice

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Found bloopers (three arm woman) at this site http://www.thebookmuseum.com/index1.htm

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa wrote: "Found bloopers (three arm woman) at this site http://www.thebookmuseum.com/index1.htm"

Thanks for the link Lisa, I love it!

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments You can print a sheet of bookmarks from this site

http://jonpaulstudios.com/bookmarks/i...

message 26: by Michelle (last edited Jan 13, 2011 05:52AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa wrote: "You can print a sheet of bookmarks from this site

http://jonpaulstudios.com/bookmarks/i..."

Ok, so in addition to digging out my photo paper so I can print out some free bookmarks, I've added the links to the "interesting website" thread. Thanks Lisa =)

message 27: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, I didn't think of photo paper! Thanks. I have a laminator too. :o)

message 28: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa wrote: "One more. http://romancecovers.us/sitemap.htm"

Thanks Lisa! You are on fire!!!

message 30: by Mess67miss (new)

Mess67miss | 4 comments Michelle wrote: "Here's a couple more!

Hot for the Holidays (Includes Breeds, #20; Mageverse, #9; Stormwalker, Prequel) by Lora Leigh and Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1) by Nina Bruhns"

Michelle wrote: "Here's a couple more!

Hot for the Holidays (Includes Breeds, #20; Mageverse, #9; Stormwalker, Prequel) by Lora Leigh and Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1) by Nina Bruhns"

Michelle wrote: "Well, this isn't a challenge of any kind. But when I saw this cover, I just had to share, and thought it'd be fun for anyone who might be interested in sharing other bookcovers as well!

[bookco..."

yummy

message 31: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 676 comments Lisa wrote: "Valorie wrote: "Continuing on Carolyn F's post of Elizabeth Amber covers... Can you say YUM!

Hey Valorie, did you know that

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward won best romance cover for 2010 Go..."

I know! I luvvvve that cover!

message 32: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I have a thing for abs!

Blood of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #1) by Karina Cooper

message 33: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I liked this one. And it's apocalyptic !
Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning, #1) by Ellen Connor

message 35: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 361 comments Speaking of abs, have you seen this one?

When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) by Lori Foster

message 36: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Sandra J wrote: "Speaking of abs, have you seen this one?

When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) by Lori Foster"

No, I haven't. I wonder if the book is just as good as the cover, LOL!

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Breaking Point (I-Team, #5) by Pamela Clare"

I have got to start reading that I-team series :)

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Breaking Point (I-Team, #5) by Pamela Clare"

I have got to start reading that I-team series :)"

Ditto!

message 39: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Yes, Lisa Kay and Michelle. Get on the bandwagon and read the I-Team series. You won't be disappointed.

message 40: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 361 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Sandra J wrote: "Speaking of abs, have you seen this one?

When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) by Lori Foster"

No, I haven't. I wonder if the book is just as good as the cover, LOL!"

I'm almost finished it, and I really enjoyed it. I generally like Lori Foster's books. Now I have to go out and get the second one.

message 41: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Sandra J wrote: When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) by Lori Foster

"I'm almost finished it, and I really enjoyed it. I generally like Lori Foster's books. Now I have to go out and get the second one."

I love Lori Foster - she is my "iron woman" - she may not get that many 5 stars out of me, but she rarely gets any 3 stars. She cruises along almost consistently at 4 stars.

message 42: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 676 comments Here's the new Elizabeth Amber Saytr series book....YUMMY!

Bastian (The Lords of Satyr #6) by Elizabeth Amber

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.