Erin Hunter Fan Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
About RP > HERBS CERIMOINES ECT

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tahtipolya (new)

Tahtipolya Here is how to do all the ceremonies, herbs, and all that stuff.

Warrrior Code

1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
3. Elders and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.
4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
8. The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies or retires.
9. After the death, exile or retirement of the new deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
10. A gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among the Clans at this time.
11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
12. No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different Clan.
13. The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.
14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or it is necessary for self-defense.
15. A warrior rejects the soft life of kittypet.

Medicine Cat Herbs

Borage Leaves-- To be chewed and eaten. The plant can be distinguished by its small blue or pink star-shaped flowers and hairy leaves. Great for nursing queens as it helps increase their supply of milk. Also brings down fever.
Burdock Root-- A tall-stemmed, sharp-smelling thistle with dark leaves. A medicine cat must dig up the roots, wash off the dirt, and chew them into a pulp, which can be applied to rat bites. Cures Infection.
Catmint (also known as catnip)-- A delicious-smelling,leafy plant that's hard to find in the wild; often found growing in twoleg gardens. The best remedy for greencough.
Chervil-- A sweet smelling plant with large, spreading, fernlike leaves and small white flowers. The juice of the leaves can be used for infected wounds, and chewing the roots helps with bellyache.
Cobweb-- Spiderwebs can be found all over the forest; be careful not to bring along the spider when take the web! Medicine cats wrap it around an injury to soack up the blood and keep the wound clean. Stops bleeding.
Coltsfoot-- A flowering plant, a bit like a dandelion, with yellow or white flowers. The leaves can be chewed into a pulp which is eaten to help shortness of breath.
Comfrey-- Identifiable by its large leaves and small bell-shaped flowers, which can be pink, white, or purple. The fat black roots of this plant can be chewed into a poultice to mend broken bones or soothe wounds.
Dock-- A plant similar to sorrel. The leaf cam be chewed up and applied to soothe scratches.
Dried Oak Leaf-- Collected in the autumn and stored in a dry place. Stops infections.
Feverfew-- A small bush with flowers like daisies. The keaves can be eaten to cool down body temperature, particularly for cats with fever or chills.
Goldenrod-- a tall plant with bright yellow flowers. A poultice of this is terrific for healing wounds.
Honey-- A sweet, golden liquid created by bees. Difficult to collect without getting stung, but great for soothing infections or the throats of cats who have breathed smoke.
Horsetail-- A tall plant with bristly stems that grows in marshy areas. The leaves can be used to treat infected wounds. Usually chewed up and applied as a poultice.
Juniper Berries-- A bush with spiky dark green leaves and purple berries. The berries soothe bellyaches and helps cats who are having trouble breathing.
Lavender-- A small purple flowering plant. Cures fever.
Marigold-- A bright orange or yellow flower that grows low to the ground. The petals or leaves can be chewed into a pulp and applied as a poultice to wounds. Stops infections.
Mouse Bile-- A bad-smelling liquid that is only remedy for ticks. Dab a little moss soaked in bile on a tick and it'll fall right off. Wash paws throughly in running water afterward.
Poppy Seed-- Small black seeds shaken from a dried poppy flower, these are fed to cats to help them sleep. Soothes cats suffering from shock and distress. Not recommended for nursing queens.
Stinging Nettle-- The spiny green seeds can be administered to a cat who's swallowed poison, while the leaves can be applied to a wound to bring down swelling.
Tansy-- This herb can be eaten to calm anxiety and frayed nerves.
Watermint-- A leafy green plant found in streams or damp earth. Usually chewed into a pulp and then fed to a cat suffering bellyache.
Wild Garlic-- Rolling in a patch of wild garlic can help prevent infection, especially for dangerous woulds like rat bite.
Yarrow-- A flowering plant whose leaves can be made into poultice and applied to wounds or scratches to expel poision.
NOTE:
Deathberries-- Red berries that can be fatally poisonous to kits and elders. They are NOT a medicine. Known to twolegs as yew berries. BEWARE!

Fighting Moves

Back Kick: Explosive suprise move to catch opponent from behind. Judge opponents distance carefully, and lash out with your back legs, taking your weight on your front paws.
Belly rake: A fight stopper. Slice with unsheathed claws across the soft flesh of your opponents belly. If you're pinned down, a belly rake quickly puts you back in control.
Front Paw Strike: Frontal attack. Slice downwards with your front paw at the body or face of your opponent. Claws unsheathed.
Killing Bite- A death blow to the back of the neck. Quick, silent, and sometimes considered dishonorable. Used only as a last resort.
Leap and Hold- Ideal for a small cat facing a large opponent. Spring onto opponents back and grip with unsheathed claws. Now you are beyond the range of your opponents paws and in position to inflict severe body wounds. A group of apprentices can defeat a large and dangerous warrior this way.
Partner Fighting- Warriors who have trained and fought together will often instictively fall into a paired defensive position, each protecting the others back while fending off an opponent on either side. Slashing, clawing, and leaping together, battle pairs can be a whirlwind of danger for attackers.
Play Dead- Effective in a fight situation, such as when you are pinned. Stop struggling and go limp. When your opponent relaxes his grip, thinking you are defeated, push yourself up explosively. This will throw off an unwary opponent and put you in an attacking position.
Scruff Shake- Secure a strong teeth grip in the scruff of your opponents neck; then shake violently until he or she is too rattled to fight back. Most effective against rats, which are small enough to throw.
Teeth Grip- Target your opponents extremities and sink your teeth and hold. This move is similar to the leap and hold except your claws remain free to fight.
Upright Lock- Final, crushing move on a already weakened opponent. Rear up on your back legs and bring your full weight down on your opponent. If your opponent does the same, wrestle and flip him under you.

Ceremonies

Here are ceremonies for the leaders or medicine cats.

Warrior

Leader: I, _____, Leader of _____Clan, call upon my warrior anscestors to look down on this apprentice. He/she has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him/her to you as a warrior in his/her turn. _____, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend you Clan, even at the cost of your life?

Apprentice: I do.

Leader: Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior name. _____paw, from this moment you will be known as _____. StarClan honors your _____ and _____*, and we welcome you as a full member of _____Clan. -rests muzzle on warrior's head-
Warrior: -gives leader's shoulder a respectful lick-

Clan: -chants warrior's name-

Apprentices

Leader: _____kit has reached his/her sixth moon. _____kit, from this day on, until you recieve your warrior name, you will be known as _____paw.
If mentor has not had an apprentice: _____, you are ready for an apprentice. You will be _____paw's mentor.
If mentor has had an apprentice before: _____, you mentored _____ well. You will be _____paw's mentor _____ mentored you well. I expect you to pass on all you learned from him/her to _____paw.

Apprentice: -goes to mentor-

Leader: I know you will pass on your _____* to _____paw, and teach him/her the skills that will make him/her a brave warrior of _____Clan.

Apprentice and Mentor: -touch noses

Clan: -chants apprentice's name-

Medicine Cat:

This ceremony takes place at the Moonpool or stone, at the half-moon with the other medicine cats.

Medicine Cat: I, _____, medicine cat of _____Clan, call upon my warrior anscestors to look down on this apprentice. He/she has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help will serve his/her Clan for many moons. _____, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?
Apprentice: I do.
Medicine Cat: Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. _____, from this moment you will be known as _____. StarClan honors your _____ and _____*. -rests muzzle on new medicine cat's head-

New medicine cat: -licks medicine cat's shoulder-

Medicine Cats: -chants medicine cat's new name-

Deputy

This ceremony is held after the former deputy has died or retired, and must be held before moonhigh by the warrior code.

Leader: The time has come to appoint _____Clan's new deputy.

If former deputy had died: _____'s Clan will grieve for him/her. He/she now hunts with StarClan/ May StarClan light his/her path/ May StarClan welcome him/her with honor, etc. I say these words before StarClan, that they may hear and approbe my choice. _____ will be the new deputy of _____Clan. -gives a reason or multiple reasons*-

Clan: Chants new deputy's name and congratulates him/her.

message 2: by Sephiroth, *flails* Playing catch-up (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 54 comments Mod
Thanks for posting this. :3 I'm going to close this topic and make it important so people will see it. :3

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.