Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Holiday Giveaway Event

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Hello everyone!

I'm organizing an Indie Books Holiday Giveaway Event. The response so far has been fantastic! Indie authors (self-published or small press) are welcome to offer as many titles and as many copies as they'd like. (So far I have participants offering from 1 to 10 copies of a title.) Both print and ebooks are welcome. The event will be hosted on its own page on my website, as well as on my blog. Participating authors are encouraged to promote on their own blogs, as well as through all social networks. If we get enough participation, I plan to go after newspaper coverage.

For more details, send me a message. Thanks!

message 2: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) Hey Darcia, that sounds pretty interesting, I requested you as a friend to get more information.

message 3: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Thanks, Ottilie! I got your request. I'll send the information your way now.

message 4: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) Thank you so much!

message 5: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Plank (tonyaplank) | 3 comments Hi Darcia,

I would like to participate too. I can donate five paperback copies of my book, Swallow.

Thank you!
Tonya

message 6: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Awesome, Tonya! I'm sending a private message with all the details.

message 7: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) We're up to 286 books for the giveaway! Thanks to all who have already joined in. The deadline to participate is November 15. We should be making a whole lot of indie noise throughout December!

message 8: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Plank (tonyaplank) | 3 comments Excellent! Thank you for organizing this, Darcia!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Darcia wrote: "We're up to 286 books for the giveaway! Thanks to all who have already joined in. The deadline to participate is November 15. We should be making a whole lot of indie noise throughout December!"

Fantastic job of organizing tis event , Darcia!Can I mention it on my new blogtalkradio.com show? I know it is kind of late to ask. It airs Oct 29 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/malikas-.... Malika

message 10: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Malika, absolutely! I'd love for you to mention the event. Thank you!

message 11: by Doug (new)

Doug Hiser | 2 comments Let me know more I can donate copies of some of my books. Doug Hiser

message 12: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Doug, I'll send you the details through a private message now. Thanks!

message 13: by D.W. (new)

D.W. (dw_stjohn) | 9 comments Hi Darcia,

How come all the cloak and dagger stuff? Why keep your site a secret? Isn't the idea to spread the word wide?

And while I'm making my ignorance plain for all to see, how come there's no place on goodreads to offer free ebooks?

I'm ready to learn so lemme have it. ha

be well, Dave

message 14: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Hi Dave,

No cloak and dagger here. My website is listed on my profile. I didn't list it here because the actual event page isn't live, yet, so there's nothing there that's relevant to the event. But here it is, for all inquiring minds to see:

www.QuietFuryBooks.com or www.DarciaHelle.com

Same site, 2 URLs.

As for offering free ebooks here, I have no idea why that's not an option. You'd have to take that one up with Goodreads management. :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Darcia wrote: "Hello everyone!

I'm organizing an Indie Books Holiday Giveaway Event. The response so far has been fantastic! Indie authors (self-published or small press) are welcome to offer as many titles an..."

Hi Darcie, I know I offered a copy of THE SECRETS OF THE UNWRITTEN BOOK:Fate of the Golden Heart. Right now, I have so many events I meet my self coming and going. I do not remember if I sent you a synopsis and all the info you asked for or not. I did mention this upcoming event on my radio show.blogtalkradio.com/malikas-secrets, but....my phone cord gave up the ghost and I fear the broadcast was garbled. Please e-mail me up to date info you want me to pass on ,plus did I or did I not give you all the info you need????I air at 11:30 PM CDT on Fridays. Malika Bourne the nortorious OOPS! I misspelled what?

message 16: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Malika, you didn't confirm a giveaway offer. I don't have you on the list. I'll send you a message with the details I'll need.

What a disaster with the phone cord messing up your show! Sometimes it's the simple things that cause us the biggest headaches!

message 17: by Tricia (new)

Tricia McDonald (httpwwwgoodreadscomtriciamc) | 19 comments Darcia - I'm in. Send me more info :)

message 18: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Thanks, Tricia! Details are on the way.