Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > Favorite Read of the Month time- September

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Jennefer usually starts this thread *gigi bows to Jennefer*. So, I hope she wont mind that I started it this month. However, I'm just itching to hear which books stood out for everyone last month.

For me they were:
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean The Bride (Lairds' Fiancees, #1) by Julie Garwood

Hmmm...I can't think of any bad reads this month.

What about you?

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman - I was really skeptical about this one because its got some pretty bad reviews on GR, but I ended up enjoying it, even if it was slow to begin with...

my only DNF of the month was Girls Gone Mild Young Women Reclaim Self-Respect and Find It's Not Bad to Be Good by Wendy Shalit - I felt like I was being told I was a slut and would be unsuccessful in life while reading it (I lasted all of 50 pages)...

message 3: by Gigi (last edited Oct 16, 2010 09:10PM) (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "I felt like I was being told I was a slut and would be unsuccessful in life while reading it (I lasted all of 50 pages).."

OMG! Thats hilarious Dee! Note to myself...stay clear of that book!

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments basically, the moral of the book (from what I got) was absintence is good; if you like sex you are a slut and won't be successful in life...

Gigi wrote: "Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "I felt like I was being told I was a slut and would be unsuccessful in life while reading it (I lasted all of 50 pages).."

OMG! Thats hilarious Dee! Note to ..."

message 5: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Favorite read for September was Lisa Kleypas' Mine Till Midnight. Also my first Kleypas book.

Book I thought I would not like but ended up liking it:
Tess Gerritsen's The Bone Garden. New to the author, and not my usual genre. It even made me cry. Recommended in audiobook format. Fabulous reader.

Book that was promising but ended up just okay:
Diane Setter field's The Thirteenth Tale.
Beautiful prose, but in the end I just wanted it to end.

message 7: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 766 comments My favorites were:

Wanderlust (Sirantha Jax, #2) by Ann Aguirre What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie

Least favorites:

Marriage Most Scandalous by Johanna Lindsey Pleasure (Shadowdwellers, #3) by Jacquelyn Frank

message 8: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I read a lot of good books in September:

Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7) by Charlaine Harris Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh Branded As Trouble (Rough Riders, #6) by Lorelei James Across a Moonlit Sea (Dante Pirates, #1) by Marsha Canham Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs

Disappointments:
Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3) by Shayla Black A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery, #8) by Victoria Laurie

Macwolf01 [Elise] (macwolf01) | 1012 comments My Favs
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, # 1) by Cassandra Clare , Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card & The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Didn't care for
Fish Out of Water (Fred the Mermaid, #3) by MaryJanice Davidson

message 10: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1755 comments My favorite reads of Sept.:
Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Wild at Heart by Patricia Gaffney For the Love of God by Janet Dailey

My worst read:
Night Storm (Night Trilogy, #3) by Catherine Coulter

message 11: by Kim (last edited Oct 17, 2010 09:31PM) (new)

Kim (catmommie) September's reads were all good.

Best: Girl with a Pearl Earring

Blue Smoke
Vanish

message 12: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Favorite reads of September:
Last Night's Scandal by Loretta Chase The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Goddess of the Rose (Goddess Summoning, #4) by P.C. Cast Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning, #1) by P.C. Cast Shades Of Twilight by Linda Howard Prince Charming by Julie Garwood Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione

Disappointing: not many!
The Club by Sharon Page

message 13: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ My favorite reads were: Golden Surrender (Viking, #1) by Heather Graham Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter

My worst read was: Shadow Marked (Demon Bound, #1) by Anna J. Evans

message 14: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11362 comments My favorite reads of September- Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Natural Law (Nature of Desire, #2) by Joey W. Hill Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins

Didn't enjoy- The Surgeon (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #1) by Tess Gerritsen

message 15: by Nita (last edited Oct 18, 2010 08:17AM) (new)

Nita (gillnit) Gave 5 stars to A Witch's Beauty (Daughters of Arianne, #2) by Joey W. Hill Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon .

Was disappointed in Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal .

message 16: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I didn't read very much in Sept. here are my favorites

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews The Prince of Frogs by Annaliese Evans My Unfair Lady by Kathryne Kennedy

message 17: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited Oct 19, 2010 10:15AM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 957 comments Favorites: (4-5 stars)
The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh Unraveled (Intertwined, #2) by Gena Showalter Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan The Haunted (The Hollow, #2) by Jessica Verday

Disappointed:
Kisses from Hell by Kristin Cast