Susan Elizabeth Phillips Fans discussion

Chicago Stars: Books > Heaven, Texas (Book #2)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee (new)

valee I loved this second book as well. It's amazing how different it was from book 1 and I still adored it. The hero was amazing. He looked shallow but was so entertaining. I laugh my ass hard so many times.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 15 comments I'm finally getting around to reading this one. I'm normally pretty retentive about reading a series in order. For some reason this series has not been that way.

Liking it so far. Bobby Tom seams like an ass to me, but maybe others can overlook that.

message 3: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 12 comments You are right, he is an ass but a very generous one so i overlooked it.LOL

message 4: by valee (new)

valee Maybe he was at the beginning but then he turn out well!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 15 comments Nah. He was still an ass at the end of the book too. He's says some pretty awful things after he supposedly has figured out he loves Gracie. And beating up his best friend is a good thing? And stealing a police car because you don't have the basic skills to interact with another person who doesn't worship at your feet is another admirable quality? Nope. Still an ass.

message 6: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 5 comments Yeah, Bobby Tom was a bit of a jerk, but I didn't think he was that bad... just what I would expect from a meat-head star/famous athlete.

Also, he did some decent groveling.

Hodan (Ho.th.an) Jama (hothanjama_) All of SEPs heroes other than Ethan Bonner from "Dream a little Dream" are huge aholes at some point and he didn't even get to have his own book lol.

message 8: by Loudice (new)

Loudice (yoys) | 7 comments Haven't read Dream a Little Dream yet... so sad that Ethan didn't get to have his own book :_(

message 9: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 12 comments I can't remember who Ethan was....

message 10: by Hodan (Ho.th.an) (new)

Hodan (Ho.th.an) Jama (hothanjama_) Ethan is Gabe "Dream a Little Dream" and Cal "Nobody's Baby But Mine" brother, he is a Reverend.
His story was in "Dream a Little Dream" but i think he should have had his own book.

message 11: by Rossy (last edited Mar 14, 2011 09:00PM) (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 12 comments Ah i remember now. Thanks!

message 12: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 15 comments Have you read the unpublished Epilogue to Heaven, Texas on SEP's website. A cute extra to bring readers up-to-date on Bobby Tom and Gracie, who is now the mayor of Telarosa, TX.

message 13: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 60 comments LOL! Thanks for reminding me of that, Anne! Soooo good.

message 14: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 12 comments Didn't even know of that, thanks Anne!

message 15: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 60 comments True. One of my favs by SEP.