Susan Elizabeth Phillips Fans discussion

Introductions & Administration > Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 303 (303 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by valee (new)

valee Well hello you all. Let's use this thread to introduce us and get to know other Susan Elizabeth Phillips Fans.

Tell us:
-name, age, country
-how you discovered this author
-why you love her so much

message 2: by valee (new)

valee I'll start. My name is Vale, I'm 21 and from Uruguay. I discovered this author due to her Chicago stars series, thanks to my great friend Ally, and fell in love with it right away. I must admit I am new into this author so that series is the only one I have read so far but I'll definitely be reading much more because it has turn into one of my favs now. I love this series so much! I'm on book 4 and can't seem to stop myself from reading one after the other!

message 3: by Ceci (new)

Ceci (heartcollides) | 26 comments Mod
My name is Ceci. I'm 26 years old and from Argentina. I read pretty much every book from SEP and I freaking love her!!! She's an awesome author with an amazing voice. I read her books a few years ago and i fell in love with them. I just wish she could write a little more faster!!! ;)

message 4: by valee (new)

valee lol, welcome Ceci, nice to share a group. I'm still creating the threads, but I hope you get to love the group with time.

message 5: by Leosharkie (new)

Leosharkie | 1 comments I'm 18 years old, from Australia. I discovered this author by chance when browsing for new books to read. I've only read #6 in the Chicago series, and I'll be reading the rest in the right order soon.

message 6: by valee (new)

valee Welcome girl.

message 7: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn | 17 comments Hi! So, most of what Ms. Vale reads is great and I liked all the great reviews on the Chicago Stars series so I will be starting it soon hopefully!

message 8: by valee (new)

valee Well thank you girl,, can't wait to see what you think about this terrific series!LOL. Welcome!

message 9: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn | 17 comments Oh, just saw that you wanted age and country.
So I'm the Old One here I guess. I'm 29 and an American. From the south actually, which is an entire universe all to itself.

message 10: by Nissie Lambert (last edited Oct 16, 2010 07:36PM) (new)

Nissie Lambert | 45 comments Jesslynn, I'm about to make you feel so much better...I'm 46. And I'm from the American south as well,(NC) so I'm right there in the other universe with you! :)

BTW-- Vale, thanks for the invite!

message 11: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn | 17 comments Haha-;0)
Good thing I'm not alone then. LOL

message 12: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 45 comments Nope you're not alone! lol I sometimes try not to speak southern on here, because I don't know if anyone will understand me.

message 13: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn | 17 comments "Ya'll go check dat book over yonder out! It's so goood!"
LOL. yeah I totally understand.

message 14: by Ally72 (last edited Oct 16, 2010 08:06PM) (new)

Ally72 | 82 comments Mod
Hi Everyone! My name is Ally and I am 38 years old. I am an American and Vale is one of my best friends on goodreads!!! I discovered SEP on here and I can't even remember now which book it was that got me started to read her. I think her books have such a fun sense of humor to them and I like that her heroines aren't all perfect. I have yet to read the entire Chicago series, but I plan on getting back to it very soon. I am especially excited to read This Heart of Mine! I am really looking forward to talking about her books with everyone in our group.

message 15: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 45 comments LMAO! Exactly! It's good to have someone else who speaks the language!

message 16: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn | 17 comments These books make me wonder what other books you ladies (Vale and Ally) are reading that are really great and that I don't know about...
You should have like a little "Ally and Vale top 15 series" thread or something. I know Fever is one of them, but still, I bet there are others like this, that aren't talked about as much but are still great.

message 17: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 45 comments Hi,Ally. Nice to meet you!

message 18: by Ally72 (last edited Oct 16, 2010 09:06PM) (new)

Ally72 | 82 comments Mod
Nice to meet you too, Nissie! We are going to have fun on here with Vale leading our discussions!

Jesslynn...It is so kind of you to think I might know of some series that other people would be interested in. Let me think of some of my favorites and I will make a thread tomorrow. One series that I can think of immediately is the Virgin River books by Robyn Carr. Vale and I love those books too and the series is addicting. The books are contemporary romances, but not filled with the kind of humor that SEP has in her stories. I love them just as much if not even a little bit more than these even.

message 19: by Kajol (new)

Kajol | 6 comments Hey
I am Kajol and I guess I am the youngest of all! I am 15 years old and here comes the big "LOL"!I live in India and I love making new friends. Anyway, I love reading and writing. The book that got me hooked up with SEP's work is It Had To Be You from the Chicago Stars series. I'll start with some other books by this author as soon as I finish the series! If y'all liked this author's work, I am sure you'll like Rachel Gibson's Writer Friends series or Chinooks Hockey Team series too which is quite like this one. I need to thank Vale for her review that compelled me to read the book. Thanks Vale..love ya! ;)

message 20: by valee (new)

valee Hey girls! Welcome all to the group. You got me lmao! We will prepare definitely our top 15 with Ally now. haha.

Tomorrow I'll finish adding the rest of the threads, it's just that if I don't start studying now I will be in trouble lol.

message 21: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 | 82 comments Mod
Vale...Think of doing something fun when you get your test over with next week! It always helped me if I could look forward to something. If it is alright, I will start a thread with our favorite series. I know you and I have A LOT that cross-over. LOL!

message 22: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) Hello from Houston, Texas.
I have been an SEP fan for over 10 years. The first book I read by her was It Had to be You. I quickly went on a search to find all her other books. I have read them all (some more than once!). The only one that was not a keeper for me was her most recent HC release, What I Did For Love.
The audiobook versions of her books, read by the late Anna Fields, are amazing. Her books make me laugh; her books can bring tears, but uppermost, her books bring joy. Can't ask for more from an author....except to write faster LOL!

message 23: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 | 82 comments Mod
Welcome to our group, Melanie!!! I think you are the ofieciando of SEP because I haven't read very many of her books yet. She is just one of those authors that I clicked with immediately and quickly became a favorite.

message 24: by valee (last edited Oct 19, 2010 08:06AM) (new)

valee Welcome Melanie =)

Did you enjoyed the most the books that were from Texas? LOL.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 15 comments Hello, I'm Jim, 41, Ohio, USA, Pisces, long walks on the beach and sunsets in the mountains. Friends first... Oh wait, wrong place.

Seriously, married 18 years to the most amazing woman and started reading romance a few years back. Found that I like an author with a strong willed sassy heroine, good dialog, hot sex scenes, and a sense of humor about life. SEP hits all those checkmarks on a regular basis.

I picked up the first of her books this April and I've read ten of her books so far (not necessarily in order).

I picked up Fancy Pants this afternoon and will probably get to it in the next couple of weeks.

message 26: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 45 comments Hey,Jim! Great to see you here!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 15 comments Following your comments got me here. You know I love me some SEP.

message 28: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 45 comments Glad I could help. I think we're all going to have a good time here.

message 29: by Ally72 (last edited Oct 19, 2010 05:44PM) (new)

Ally72 | 82 comments Mod
Welcome Krissy and Jim!!! The more the merrier is my motto and this is going to be a great group!

message 30: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 45 comments Didn't mean to leave Krissy and Melanie out! Welcome!!

message 31: by valee (new)

valee Welcome Krissy and Jim.

message 32: by Deb (last edited Oct 20, 2010 08:37AM) (new)

Deb | 4 comments My name is Deborah. I'm an almost-40 year old mother of two in Michigan, USA. I only read romance novels, and SEP is at the top of my favorite authors list. I got started on her books when a friend recommended Ain't She Sweet as a MUST read book. I loved that book and I was hooked. Next up was the Chicago Stars series, and I loved each one. After that, I read almost all her books, skipping only the first couple of her early works.
What I love about SEP is the roller coaster emotional ride she takes you on. You can laugh and cry in the same book. Her characters are real, with honest emotions. Her level of writing is top-notch.

message 33: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn | 17 comments I love that there is a man out there saying Romance rocks!
My hubby looks @ the back covers of my books, rolls his eyes, shakes his head and laughs at me. Pea-brain! LOL.

message 34: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 | 82 comments Mod
Welcome to our group, Deb! Yah!!! We are getting more members so this will be great.

I agree with you, Jesslynn. It is super that we have Jim in the group!

message 35: by valee (last edited Oct 20, 2010 11:16AM) (new)

valee Have you notice most goodread's members are women? Oh, and Welcome Deb!!

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Thanks for starting the group, Vale. :)

message 37: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 | 82 comments Mod
Yah! Danielle is joining the group! Now, I know we will have FUN!!! LOL!

message 38: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 45 comments Welcome aboard,Danielle! :)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Aw, Ally, you are so sweet! I'm glad to see you over here, my honorary sis! Great to see you here, Nissie!

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) I didn't follow directions:

Name: Danielle
How I discovered SEP: I read Heaven, Texas from the library and I liked the humor. I thought Bobby Tom was a jerk, but it was a very good book.
Why I love SEP: She writes wonderfully humorous books with real characters.

message 41: by valee (new)

valee Welcome girl, nice to have you here. A romance group will never be complete without you in it,lol. Can't wait to see what you think. Feel free to create any thread you want about the books you have read and are not in the group.

message 42: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 | 82 comments Mod
Hugs, Danielle! Did you read "Heaven, Texas" first? I don't like reading books out of order (although, I did with this one) and I know you don't either. It would be funny if we did the same thing!

message 43: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Oct 20, 2010 07:00PM) (new)

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (ladyjayne) | 4 comments Hi, I’m Jayne, 34, from Australia. My BFF recommended SEP’s Chicago Stars/Bonners books to me a few years ago. I’ve read all the books in the CS series, Lady Be Good (which is my fave!) and Breathing Room. I’ve recently purchased Kiss An Angel, Fancy Pants, and the Honey Moon/Hot Shot omnibus – though I’m not sure when I’ll read those as I have a veritable mountain of TBRs and am guided by my mood in what I choose to read. ^_^ I enjoy the humour and emotions in SEP’s books, and the fact that there’s usually a secondary romance.

message 44: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 45 comments Hi,Jayne! Glad you're here!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (ladyjayne) | 4 comments Hi Nissie! *waves* Great to see you here, too!

message 46: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 | 82 comments Mod
Yah...Lady Jayne is joining us!!! Welcome to the group!

message 47: by valee (new)

valee This group is gonna be fun! I'm so happy you are all here!!!

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Lady Vale, what a nice thing to say!

Ally, yes, I read the Chicago Stars out of order. But I didn't know what I missing at least. :)

Lady Jayne, Breathing Room is a bit on the serious side. I can't remember if I read Hot Shot, Fancy Pants, or Honey Moon. LOL.

message 49: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) Hot Shot is definitely the most "different" book of the lot. Although a lot of people don't rate it as highly, I found it a fascinating read worthy of a re-read.

message 50: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Oct 20, 2010 07:22PM) (new)

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (ladyjayne) | 4 comments Aw, thanks for the warm welcome, Ally and Vale! ^_^

Danielle, yes, Breathing Room was more serious but I still loved it and enjoyed the Tuscany setting.

Melanie, how is Hot Shot "different"?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7