Roleplays Against Writer's Block discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 83 comments Mod
Hey guys. Welcome to my newest group! Tell me about yourself here. (:

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

cooool this is fun already....

message 3: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) umm hi but this is a really good idea!!!

message 4: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) Q.Q that is so long

message 5: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Why yes, yes it is. And hey! You just copied that from another website. FOR SHAME.

Oh, p.s. I did not know you had a golden retriever! I HAVE ONE TOO!

message 6: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) that video made me want to cry..

message 7: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Yes! He's super duper UBER fat. And old. But he loves me. (:

message 8: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Guys, if you don't start making roleplays, I shall come beat all of you.

message 9: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Psh. Need I remind you of the many times I have spilled your blood?

message 10: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

But... What? Eh? Hang on.

message 11: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Okay can you NOW?

message 12: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Dang. Okay. I'll edit the rules a little. Just make the topics, kay?

message 13: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Rules are edited!

message 14: by Amaranta (new)

Amaranta (foreverreader) Hey, I'm Amaranta. Time for a little bit about myself:

I live in a town that can sometimes be considered as the middle of nowhere. I spend all of my free time on the computer, reading, writing or swimming. I am obsessed with Greek mythology and anything to do with the gods and goddesses of that time. Athena and Artemis are my two favorite goddesses. I love everything about the moon.

I have great, supportive friends, a mother who I don't connect with very well, but I still love her, and a recently deceased father(but I don't want any pity about it). My siblings often make me feel like I am the only sane person in the world(which I know I'm not).

I have never actually finished any books I've started writing. I hope that someday(perferably before the end of this school year) I will, though, and that it will be published. I will read just about any book you put in front of me. I plan on being a teacher(although I haven't decide what for yet, I'm considering English, Spanish or Social Studies) and write in my spare time.

Some random facts about me:

1. If you read my poetry you might think that I am depressed, but it's because I only write poetry when I'm sad
2. One of my biggest pet peeves is soccer fields that don't have scoreboards.
3. I can be the most random or the most serious person depending on my mood.
4. I am overly ambitious and will proudly admit it.
5. I think that I might be slightly insane at times.
6. The music I listen to can be catagorized into three catagories: Music You've Probably Heard Of, Music You Might Have Heard Of, and Music I Can Pretty Much Garrentee You've Never Heard Of; and the last of those three is definatly the largest.
7. Sometimes I wish I had blue eyes.
8. Sometimes I wish I had darker brown hair.
9. Half the time, I want to be a character from a book(be it one I'm writing, someone else wrote, or even a character I created based on another book).

message 15: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Hey. Amaranta. I'm like that too. We should be friends. (:

Zoey... Sigh. What shall we do with you.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Well. I'm not quite as active on Goodreads as I used to be, but o.o I'll tell you about myself.

My name is Hima, which means 'snow' in some Indian language. I was born in St. Paul, MN, but currently live somewhere that is often mistaken for a popular place in Canada; Vancouver, WA. I'm fairly young, almost 12 years, but I think I'm pretty mature for my age, but it all depends on what you think, lol. My favorite things to do are limited to a few things; reading, writing, horseback riding, coding websites, using Photoshop, and pretty much spending my time on the computer and being considered a 'tech-geek'.

One thing that you might want to know about me is that I'm not modest. I'm more confident on the internet than I am in real life, but don't take my immodesty for being self-centered; I'm not like that. I can be really harsh and am an advocate of using good grammar. I also have a thing for dogs. I memorized nearly all the dog breeds when I was five, it was pretty much the only thing I could concentrate on, and since I spent a lot of time reading about dogs, I could look at any dog and tell you what breed it was. I'm a bit rusty now. ;)

I live for animals. Horseback riding is what keeps me motivated to go through my week; seeing a horse brings a smile to my face and meeting a new animal, whether it's a horse or a fish or a dog, makes me happy. I hope to become a veterinarian someday; I mean, isn't that what all girls want these days? But unfortunately, my parents don't support me in that so for now I'm planning to study anything in the medical field.

Another thing (yeah, I know, I say that too much) is that I roleplay. Duh, I must roleplay if I joined this group, but I don't just do the one-line, minor sort of thing (no offense if you do that :o), I roleplay off of Goodreads on fully advanced sites; as of now my longest post was about 1230 words, though I average around 400-700 words per post. I enjoy putting a lot of thought and description into my posts, and I spend a lot of time fixing them, developing my characters and writing their posts just right. I love my friends I've made on those sites, they really mean a lot to me. <3

I ALSO LOVE SMILEYS AND HEARTS. LIKE THIS <3333333333

:D

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

MY KNEES ARE KNOCKING...MY POST WILL BE A SENTENCE COMPARED TO YOU GUYS'.

My awesome name is Scarlet, and I can't post my real last name so I made one up- Celadon. That is actually some type of glaze or whatever, but it sounds cool so there, point-blank. So currently, my name means red glaze and I'm going to stop talking about glaze right now because if I don't I will start to remember the time Dunkin D gave me a moldy glazed donut. Oh...I've already remembered it. Oops.

Anyway, I'm twelve (go snowy the hug!) and I had to fake my age to get on Goodreads because it is all "You gotta be 13" crap.

I am not a very, very detailed person.(Save me from Zoey, Falls!) That is why I need serious help with my book. I couldn't even start it, that is how lame-o I am.

I don't know why I keep making paragraphs I wonder if it will even show....I'm gonna skip lines give me a second...

Yes, back to awesomeness (I'm sorry, that is just my word and I'm gonna use it a lot). I like all genres EXCEPT:
1.Romance. Hey, I'm okay with dating and all, but kissing and stuff, oh please, seriously?
2.Historical Things. Like, it is sooooo boring, like sooooooooo booooooooring.
3.I can't think of more...add to it when I remember.

Obsessed with:
1.Awesomeness. I told you, it's my word.
2.Humor. Let there be one cracking joke on your first page, and I'll be hooked no matter how much of a historical, romantic, World-War-II-happened-yesterday kind of thing.
3.Randomness. Please don't worry if I'm in the middle of doing something and I yell, "Let's join a cult, people!!!"
4.Books about -Fantasy -Mythology -Kids doing awesome stuff -suspense -humor(duh) -different countries. Yes, I'm a culture/language freak. -spies -and other coolness
5.Dark chocolate. You give one shred of it to me, and I'll do anything.
6.Ferrero Rochiers. I forgot how to spell it...
7.My friends. I will simultaneously become an energetic person when there is a friend to be saved...
8.Track. It is my life.
9.Getting good grades. It is my second life.
10.A Midsummer Night's Dream. It is my third...JK.
11.The number 1729. It's all math-ical, but here goes: 1729= 1,7,2, and 9. Add 1+9 (10), and 2+7 (9). Cube 10 and 9, so 1000+729=1729. Awesomeness...
12.Keybords, for computers and music alike.
13.Parkour. I really wanna learn it!
14. Pretty first names like Iliana or Adalyn. Boys names aren't pretty.
15.French stuff. I wish I was born in France...awesomeness.
16.To be or not to be. That is the question.
17.This is too long and my fingers hurt so I shall stop.

I'd like to be a radiologist when I grow up. Actually, I am grown up, but I need to be a little older. Yes, I'm almost mature, still working on it.
And for the GRAND FINALE----- Oops, sorry I don't have one. :(

message 18: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Haha yours was longer than mine! Mostly because it doesn't exist. Tee hee. But of course I shall save you, miss too-young-to-be-here!

message 19: by Sam (new)

Sam | 9 comments I'm Sam, and I'm a GIRL. Just in case.... So anyway, I like superpowers. Like Superman, The Incredibles, Bolt, Underdog, and yes, even X-Men. I'm sort of a geek, I absolutely LOVE Star Trek, and I wave that flag proudly because of the the new movie! And I like most animal related movies. One of the best was Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmmaron. I love music, one of my favorite songs is New Soul, Eye of the Tiger, Hungry Like the Wolf, Real Gone, Picture to Burn, and so many more. And yes, I listen to a lot of 80's and 90's. I like some music from Coldplay, Paramore and Train. I'm all over the board in the music perspective. I hate Twilight. I've seen the fans. That's my reason. I'm not a big fan of the Jonas Brothers- don't ask why, I don't know. Love Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez. Okay: books. I read the Chronicles of Acient Darkness series, the Warrior series, the Molly Moon series, the Percy Jackson series, and tons more. One of my favorite books I read is Vulpes the Red Fox. If you're looking for a good animal book, that's the one. And I'm going to start the Maximun Ride series. No garantees. Umm... I'm going to start the Kane Chronicles. TV shows: Lost. One of the best, yet confusing TV series ever. Unnatural History, Sonny with a Chance, Avatar the Last Airbender- go Katara and Toph, umm.... oh True Jackson VP, and iCarly. What topic havn't I covered? Umm.... yeah. Favorite food is chocolate. The good quality and it has to be milk chocolate!

message 20: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Oh my goodness! I've seen the new Star Trek movie over twenty times. It's amazing. And Spirit, I love that show too!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Sam is a boys' name too...? JK

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

And...GO SELENA GO-MEZ

message 23: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Ahem, ah ah ahem...

I am Kat, and my talent is shoving people.

message 24: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) The rest is a mystery(ery...eryy...eryy...)

message 25: by Amaranta (new)

Amaranta (foreverreader) Oh, Scarlet, I hate romance books too! I mean, the plot is pretty much the same for every single book(with the exception of, maybe, a few): Two people fall in love at first sight. They struggle to stay together. They face one major problem that would most likely seperate them. The problem goes away and they live happily ever after. The end. Yay. NOT! Give me some action, good(emphasis on that) twists, maybe even some murder, or whatnot.

message 26: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, [I'll get to 50,000 if I have to write it in blood.] (new)

Oh! Am, you'd like my novels. (:

message 27: by Ally (new)

Ally Urie-Ross (iwannaberyanross) | 9 comments Well,
I'm Ally. Obviously.
I'm the daughter of a soon-to-be published author.
Even though he's an ass :)
ANYWAY.
I've written parts of three books, one of which I deleted...
I've temporarily quit writing because I don't know what else to write about.
I like most genres except sci-fi, it doesn't really appeal to me.

Comic books are rad.

Alternative Rock is rad.

Gaming is rad.

Haters suck.

That is all(:

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, haters suck....!

((gonna go with watever you say because i think you have a battering ram in you hand))

message 29: by Sam (new)

Sam | 9 comments Waterfall wrote: "Oh my goodness! I've seen the new Star Trek movie over twenty times. It's amazing. And Spirit, I love that show too!"

Me too! I also like How to Train Your Dragon! That movie was sooo good!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Zoey, I liked you better as a spoon-sucking ninja.

message 31: by Henley (new)

Henley (henleygrace) HI!!!!!!!! My name is Annabeth!!!!!!!!! Awesome name right? Well, I hate it!!! JK!!!!!!! I LOVE my name!!!!!!!! I know I'm saying random stuff. But I LOVE Spongebob!!!!!!!

message 32: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 12 comments Hi. I'm me. That's not my name, but... yeah. I would write a really long post, but I don't feel like it, so I won't.

message 33: by Henley (new)

Henley (henleygrace) OKAY!!!!!!

message 34: by Henley (new)

Henley (henleygrace) c that wasnt long

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

YO!I'm Grey!

message 36: by Henley (new)

Henley (henleygrace) like the color???

message 37: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Awesome name.

message 38: by Henley (new)

Henley (henleygrace) who are you talking to me or grey

message 39: by Henley (new)

Henley (henleygrace) if you were talking to me thank you if you are NOT oh well

message 40: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 30 comments She was talkin to Grey the awesomest epic friend there ever was!