CGC (Christian Girls Chat) discussion

Let's Discuss-Biblical Topics > Favorite Christian Quotes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) | 1575 comments Mod
You can post your favorite Christian quotes here.

message 2: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (new)

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. –C.S. Lewis

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I do not believe this darkness will endure- J.R.R Tolkien

message 4: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (new)

Go J.R.R. Tolkien!!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Davis (keamymayloken) "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
— Mother Teresa
"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
— Mark Twain
"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..."
— C.S. Lewis
"It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out."
— C.S. Lewis (The Screwtape Letters)
These are my favorite christian type once...can I also post funny once here?

message 6: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 42 comments "A man can no more diminish the glory of God by refusing to worship him than a man can put out the sun by writing 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
~ A person who's name I can't remember

message 7: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 42 comments "Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car."
— Garrison Keillor

message 8: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (new)

Great quotes girls!

message 9: by Annie (new)

Annie | 395 comments lizzy merci!
(thanks Lizzy!)

message 10: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (new)

:) No prob!

message 11: by Annie (new)

Annie | 395 comments :I
SMILYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain."
C.S. Lewis

message 13: by AurorainBookland (new)

AurorainBookland "Why miss out on what God has in store for you while you’re trying to get in on his plan for somebody else? Your plans are the best—for YOU—and so is your personality. You’re so worth it" - Nancy Rue

"When Jesus 'shows' me something, isn't like boom - there it is! It's more like he gives me an opportunity, and then I decide whether to take it or not" - Sophie in Sophie's world by Nancy Rue

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 76 comments I LOVE the Sophie books.

message 15: by AurorainBookland (new)

AurorainBookland Queen Susan the Gentle wrote: "I LOVE the Sophie books."

me too I've only read the first one, its hard to find them at good prices, since they add up fast. I wish there was a box set.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never read them.

message 17: by Larissa (new)

Larissa I don't think I have either. I have read some Nancy Rue though.

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

― Mother Teresa

message 19: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (new)

"Nobody can be a real princess...until she is a princess over herself, that is, until, when she finds herself unwilling to do the thing that is right, she makes herself do it. So long as any mood she is in makes her do the thing she will be sorry for when that mood is over, she is a slave, and no princess. A princess is able to do what is right even should she unhappily be in a mood that would make another unable to do it. For instance, if you should b e cross and angry, you are not a whit the less bound to be just, yes, kind even - a thing most difficult in such a mood....who ever does what she is bound to do, be she the dirtiest little girl in the street, is a princess, worshipful, honorable. Nay, more; her might goes farther then she could send it, for if she act so, the evil mood will wither and die, and leave her loving and clean.
~George MacDonald, The Wise Woman

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car."

:)

message 21: by Janette (new)

Janette Mapes | 48 comments “We sometimes see God better through out tears and broken hearts. What seems hopeless becomes blessing and miracles...” —Dwight Robertson

"You are what you are when thew Devil Whistles." -Rick Acker

message 22: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Here's a video about the famous Chritian quote: Only God can judge me!

http://youtu.be/jCC-EANYKXk

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Footsteps-it's a really cool passage.

message 24: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 9968 comments Mod
This is from Dr. James Dobson

"The most important thing I can say to you is Be There. When this life passes away and we're standing before God, Be There. You can earn all the money get all the good jobs here on earth but all i care about is that you are there in the end."

message 25: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.”- John C. Maxwell

As Christians we should be leading not following the world.

message 26: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

Yes definitely valencia!!

message 27: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) "God doesn't want us to put our faith in our faith, He wants us to put our faith in Him."- Jefferson Bethke

message 28: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

yeah!!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"The more I learn about the universe, the more I am convinced there is a God."
Albert Einstein

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"Watch your Thoughts, for they become Words. Watch your Words, for they become Actions. Watch your Actions, for they become Habits. Watch your Habits, for they become your Character. Watch your Character, for it becomes your Destiny."

message 31: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) "In dating, it's less about finding "the one" & more about making yourself ready to be "the one"."- Jefferson Bethke

Good stuff

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Honestly, my favorite Christian quote is
"Amen."

message 33: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

hahaha!

message 34: by Janette (new)

Janette Mapes | 48 comments A friend of mine who just started Teaching in Laos sent this in an email to me today:

" I am not here because I've got it all together or know something you don't. I'm here because He asked, and I love to do what He asks". - Shana Beers

message 35: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

thats really nice :)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday."

"People will hate you, rate you, shake you and break you - but how strong you stand is what makes you!"

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

description

message 38: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments I LOVE THIS THREAD LIKE A CRAZY PERSON!!

BEST BDAY PRESENT TO FIND THIS...

message 39: by Alisha~Seek and ye shall find~ (last edited Dec 31, 2012 07:24PM) (new)

Alisha~Seek and ye shall find~ (hiddentreasures) | 662 comments "God's in his heaven, all's right with the world"

message 40: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

I JUST FOUND IT

Alisha~Seek and ye shall find~ (hiddentreasures) | 662 comments Some Days,
I can be strong, I can be weak
I can be proud, I can be meek
I can be gentle, or I can be tough
I can explode when I've had enough
Sometimes I laugh, Sometimes I cry
Sometimes I lose, but I will always try
I always get up, When I get knocked down
And make a smile, out of any frown
I hope that God likes me,the day that we meet
If only for a chance, to sit at his feet
And be at his side year after year
While all the bad things just disappear
So when life gets tough, and it's hard to be strong
I'll never forget heaven is where I belong.

message 42: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

LOVELOVELOVE GIRL

message 43: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments I love it!!!

Belladonna (~Miriam Daisy Rose~) (miriamdaisyrose) | 25 comments “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.

message 45: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

ditto!!!!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

‎"At times, God will be the only witness to your righteous behavior. Sometimes God is the only One who will understand your motives. Sometimes you will do all you know God has asked you to do, only to face ridicule from others. At such times all you can do is MAINTAIN YOUR INTEGRITY, trusting that God always keeps His eyes on you. GOD LOOKS FAVORABLY UPON THOSE WHO WALK WITH INTEGRITY, doing what they know is right, regardless of how other perceive their actions." - Henry & Richard Blackaby

message 47: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

nicenice. very inspiring :)

message 48: by Jennah (new)

Jennah (strawberryblonde) Cari wrote: "‎"At times, God will be the only witness to your righteous behavior. Sometimes God is the only One who will understand your motives. Sometimes you will do all you know God has asked you to do, only..."

I love love love that!

message 49: by Jennah (new)

Jennah (strawberryblonde) Alisha~Seek and ye shall find~ wrote: "Some Days,
I can be strong, I can be weak
I can be proud, I can be meek
I can be gentle, or I can be tough
I can explode when I've had enough
Sometimes I laugh, Sometimes I cry
Sometimes I lose, b..."

Wow how inspiring. That brought tears to my eyes. I really love that.

message 50: by Jennah (new)

Jennah (strawberryblonde) Here's a few of very many that are my favorite..."It wasn't nails that held Jesus to the cross, but His love for you and me."

~ Ladies: Place your heart in the hands of God and He will place it in the hands of a man He believes deserves it.~

~God doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you need. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you, and to make you the person you were mean't to be.~

I love the first one so much because it is so very true. He gave His life for a sinful person like me, and He will always be my God forever and ever.

« previous 1