Brandon Mull Lovers discussion

Gavin

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 7 comments Brandon Mull made a good twist in book number 4 by making him the bad guy, but was it really worth it? I think that if Gavin had actually been good, then the book may have been a lot more interesting for Kendra. Anyone agree?

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Yes, the book would have been more interesting, but then who would be the unexpected villan? I think the book was interesting because he was unexpected. Overall, Gavin was a great character.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 7 comments Very true. If I write a book, I think I'll also put an unexpected villan :)
lak

message 4: by Jenn (last edited Oct 17, 2010 03:59PM) (new)

Jenn I think it would be good to have
a-an unexpected villain
b-a very expected evil charrie and
c-someone who seems like a villain, but you're not sure(you would find out in a sequel)

I'm waiting for your unexpected villain. and im laughin all right(jk)

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments He has TONS of unexpected villains: The Sphinx, vanessa, Gavin, Graulas, and a WHOLE bunch of others.

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Totally. I screamed ( litteraly) when i read that Gavin was bad. I reread and reread it. I didn't like it but, now I like the other guy better. Gavin was cool, but not enough. WE didn't learn much about him personally. I think.

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah I know. But those kind of twist make for an interesting.

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments I don't like Bracken cuz he has white hair. LOL, jk. but seriously. :3

message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn yeah. I wish we could have gotten to know Gavin better. It was a good twist, but I liked Gavin.
I like Bracken because of who he really is(some ppl havent read the last book yet, so I cant give it away)

message 10: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) | 581 comments Mod
I actually didn't care much that Gavin turned out to be bad. I'm not sure if that means Brandon Mull dropped a lot of hints that I subconsciously picked up on, or if I simply just never connected with him, so it wasn't shocking to me. I actually think Gavin was a clever character to make a bad guy. There were a lot of people who were betraying them, and I think he may have been the best choice. Most of the others we didn't know, or they then turned out to be good, etc. We met him AFTER Kendra and Seth joined the group, we got to know Gavin (at least a little) and he gained their trust. Anyway, I just think he made a good bad guy (does that make any sense?)

message 11: by Hazee (new)

Hazee (HazeeMontgomrey) | 60 comments I t5hink it made the book funner and more interesting it gave it a nice spin

message 12: by Hazee (new)

Hazee (HazeeMontgomrey) | 60 comments *think

message 13: by Minh-Anh (new)

Minh-Anh | 178 comments I think the best part of the book four is when Gavin is eaten. If Gavin had been a good guy, it wouldn't have been that funny...

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments Nomph. i like it when... The house bag gets ripped up..... Because, you know, it's all sad.

message 15: by Minh-Anh (new)

Minh-Anh | 178 comments The what? Oh, when the knapsack gets burned. That part wasn't really much of a big deal for me. I think the part where Gavin said something (I forgot what it was) right before he was eaten.

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments LOLOL.. yeah.. I forget what it was too...

message 17: by Peanut (new)

Peanut I think that the book had a lot of betrayals in it. But the one with Gavin was unexpected and made the book exciting because everyone gave him trust. Also you didn't know who else could be a bad guy which made for good suspense in certain situations.

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments Yeah!! <3

i was half expected Bracken to be a bad guy. :/

message 19: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 7 comments I'm glad that Bracken was good.

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments Me too. :DDDDDD

message 21: by Peanut (new)

Peanut Me three!! The whole unicorn thing was surprising too!

message 22: by Hazee (new)

Hazee (HazeeMontgomrey) | 60 comments i was glad braken really was good too i think it was funny how gavin said that nothing could sneak up on him and then raxtus does

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments But he's invisible, so, you know.. :)

message 24: by Hazee (new)

Hazee (HazeeMontgomrey) | 60 comments yeah but still that made me laugh

message 25: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 260 comments I really like Bracken. And wanted him and kendra to get together.

message 26: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 7 comments Too bad he's so old.

message 27: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 260 comments Yeah but he does not look old or act old.

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments i don't like Bracken. :c

Maybe it's just me.

But in books, i don't like the boys without any SPUNK. The weak, helpless, do-gooders who do ANYTHING they're told to do!! ARGH! Anyhow, yeah. Just like in the Hunger Games, I HATE PEETA.

message 29: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 260 comments To each there own but I think he is a sweet good guy, that can kick butt if he needs to.

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments Yes, exactly right. I just... Don't like do-gooders. :c

message 31: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 260 comments I love the prince type the one that saves the girl and all the other gooey stuff.

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments Yucky. I mean, I understand saving the girl, but I like rebels... And brunettes. :3

message 33: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) | 581 comments Mod
Haha. I hate Peeta for the same reason, I but I didn't see that attitude in Bracken. Must re-read books. :D

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments Maybe I should re-read, too. But Bracken just seemed too... Good... You know? o:

message 35: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 260 comments Well I like the good guys and blond guys too.

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 1478 comments oh.

Haha. I like blondes sometimes. Just like, sometimes, I dislike brunettes. But I tend to like brunette boys and blonde girls better.

message 37: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 260 comments I guess it is just a matter of opinion.

message 38: by Hannisa (new)

Hannisa Sandi (hannis) | 1 comments gavin is dragon

message 39: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Smith | 3 comments I fell in love with the relationship between Gavin and Kendra as soon as Mull eluded to it, and screamed for hours after finishing every Fablehaven book, especially that one! The fact that he had been lying to her broke my heart! (personal experience) I love Bracken's character, and the security it provides. The romance makes sense, if she could live forever, whch she could. Mull does an amazing job of building on characters and forsadowing with the tiniest things. Any disagreements?

message 40: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 260 comments I totally agree. He knew exactly how to make it feel romantic but he did not go over board

message 41: by Adelaide (new)

Adelaide (dragonsbreath) | 9 comments Katrina wrote: "I fell in love with the relationship between Gavin and Kendra as soon as Mull eluded to it, and screamed for hours after finishing every Fablehaven book, especially that one! The fact that he had b..."

I totally agree! Bracken is AWESOME! Gavin was awesome too, until he tryed to capture kendra, i cheered when he was killed!

message 42: by Jake (new)

Jake | 2 comments i think it was perfect for raxtus to kill gavin cause he wanted to be a hero and all

message 43: by Hazee (new)

Hazee (HazeeMontgomrey) | 60 comments yeah, i am happy with the series ending as well as each book ending

message 44: by Leah (last edited Dec 01, 2012 06:32PM) (new)

Leah Withee | 2 comments it was good because then she could fall in love with
bracken

message 45: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Landis | 5 comments i wish that there would be another book more about Kendra and Bracken.

message 46: by Brian (new)

Brian (2squishybrains4u) | 1 comments well, ya I agree on that.

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments It always seems like the attractive characters are bad like Gavin.

message 48: by Heart-of-books (last edited Nov 15, 2013 09:23PM) (new)

Heart-of-books | 11 comments ♫♥Selena♥♫ wrote: "i don't like Bracken. :c

Maybe it's just me.

But in books, i don't like the boys without any SPUNK. The weak, helpless, do-gooders who do ANYTHING they're told to do!! ARGH! Anyhow, yeah. Just like in the Hunger Games, I HATE PETTA."

Yeah, but Bracken was right for Kendra. She could trust him. What really matters in a book is that the character ends up with the right person for them not the readers. Can anyone imagine Kendra with a bad-ass on a motorcycle? It wouldn't fit.

message 49: by B (new)

B (deathandchocolate) | 8 comments I'm glad that Bracken was good, but he seemed very... vanilla. He didn't have as much personality as Gavin. I loved Gavin! He had a ton of personality, and besides was really cute! When I found out that Gavin was bad, at first I didn't believe it. Then I went back and read it about ten times. Then I put the book down and (literally in the literal sense of the word) spent the rest of the week in shock, telling anyone who would listen how I didn't understand how Brandon Mull could do that. I still like Gavin better than Bracken.

message 50: by Katie (new)

Katie Conn | 14 comments I don't think we saw a lot of Bracken's character because he was much older than any of them and had that mature, more serious view of what was up. I think in Dragonwatch we will get a much better idea of who his character is because there will probably be some down time.