Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Authors/Writers' Corner > Authors: Amira Press is Seeking Submissions!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Hi All,

Got this tip from another IR group. For those of you who write erotica or sensual romances, Amira Press is looking for submissions.

http://www.amirapress.com/index.php?m...

Best Wishes and good luck if someone decides to submit!

http://www.stacy-deanne.net

message 2: by Dana (new)

Dana | 40 comments the site said they're not accepting young adult works, can you explain that?

message 3: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Dana, this post is from October of last year.

message 4: by Stacy-Deanne (last edited Sep 16, 2011 08:28PM) (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) As for young adult works, I don't know if they ever did YA work. I am not connected to this pub, I was just letting people know they had submissions open. Maybe there is an author here who worked with Amira who can clarify that. Either way, my original post is from a year ago.

message 5: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Dana, I've been published with them almost a year and they don't accept YA. There's no real explanation for it, they just choose not to publish it. They recently issued a call for submissions, so they're still looking, but not for that genre.

Here's what was sent out to us:

Don't hold back... Let your imagination take over and spin dreams on the pages of your books! Amira Press is looking for the hottest erotic works that will steam up our computer screen and make our editors swoon! Close the curtains and let your mind wander to every erotic destination and character it can find. Then send your manuscript to us! Look at our submission page, and please follow the guidelines. Erotic works in every genre are accepted, especially Shifter, Gay, Menage, and Interracial. So go wild!!

message 6: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Delaney I thought I was correct in believing they never wanted YA. Most epublishers I know don't do YA. Some used to and stopped. YA doesn't seem to do well enough in the ebook market for epublishers to go after it. It's one of these genres that at least for right now is best suited for print pubs. I know several people who are trying to place YA and were looking at epublishing but no one wants it. What's interesting is a lot of these pubs are now opening horror divisions. Guess horror is making a rise in ebooks.