Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > today is sweetest day--do you care?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Today is sweetest day. Do you care?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetest...

I only know because there was a sign at the candy shop next to the coffee shop I visited last night.

Comments?

message 2: by RandomAnthony (last edited Oct 16, 2010 08:50AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments This is interesting:

Retail Confectioners International describes it as "much more important for candymakers in some regions than in others (Detroit, Cleveland and Buffalo being the biggest Sweetest Day cities)".

So I assume Clark is hustling for a Sweetest Day present for his wife as we speak? And why is this holiday celebrated primarily in northern industrial cities?

message 3: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments never heard of it and don't care, but that must be becasue i don't live in one of those cities.

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (bonfiggi) Never heard of it, don't care. Thought up by dentists.

message 5: by Youndyc (new)

Youndyc | 1255 comments I love sweets! I'm eating gummi bears in honor of Sweetest Day. Although, until this post, I had never heard of such a day. But if they can every-other-f*ing-thing-on-earth-day, then why not a day to celebrate sweets?

Here, have a Twix.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ooh. I like doing that thing where I eat the chocolate all around the cookie part and then eat the cookie part. Thanks, YC.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments :::looks around expectantly for candy:::

I'm for it, but heck, it's October. There's already candy everywhere. Except here, right now. :(

message 8: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "So I assume Clark is hustling for a Sweetest Day present for his wife as we speak? And why is this holiday celebrated primarily in northern industrial cities?
"

Oh, shit...

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 21 comments Never heard of it until I moved north. It seems to be a big deal in northern Kentucky/Ohio/Indiana. My husband is off the hook on this one.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate all these days...inventions by retail to make you spend your hard earned cash. Don't do it Clark you are being hustled.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24358 comments Mod
Gail "cyborg" wrote: "I hate all these days...inventions by retail to make you spend your hard earned cash. Don't do it Clark you are being hustled."

Me too. Fuck Sweetest Day and the horse it rode in on.