Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Welcome to Those New to the Group

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) I invited Betsy and Heather to join us. Betsy is a friend from high school and we've recently reconnected, to my great joy. And Heather is a friend from work who loves to read; she's in the work book club that I'm in and believe it or not, she reads more than I do!

Please join me in welcoming them to Book Geeks and Bookniks!

Laurel

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) Welcome! :)

message 3: by Libby (new)

Libby Glad to have you here!

message 4: by Annika (new)

Annika Welcome, Betsy and Heather! so glad you're joining us here:)

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments Hi Betsy and Heather! It's great to have you be a part of our brand new group!

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments Welcome to Heather and Betsy!

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Welcome Betsy and Heather! It is always nice to meet new people.

We might have to tweek this a bit. Maybe there are some tricks to this.

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz Welcome Betsy & Heather. I hope you enjoy our group.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) Carol wrote: "Welcome Betsy and Heather! It is always nice to meet new people.

We might have to tweek this a bit. Maybe there are some tricks to this."

By tweaking do you mean setting up folders so that we can organize discussions? Like having one for "General Discussions", one for "Recommendations and Reviews", etc? I think I've figured out how to do that and if that's what you'd like to do, I could try tomorrow - set a few up, see how we like them, change them if we don't. I think it's also very easy to move topics around too - for example, if someone posts a general topic in a "Group Read" folder by mistake, a moderator can move it to the appropriate file.

From what I've seen here on goodreads, it's very user friendly setting up the boards and maintaining them.

message 10: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) I've just invited Lois, another extremely literate coworker, to join the group. She's a classics genius, but the past few years I've been luring her into the world of the contemporary novel with some help from other faculty and staff and some success (also, she hasn't struggled too much).

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Lois,
Welcome to our group. We are thrilled to have you.

Carol

message 12: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments Hiya all, I've just stumbled across this group and it sounds like my kind of place. I'm an avid reader and enjoy most genres and I'm willing to give most books ago whether they're by my fav authors, recommended by friends or the covers just grab my interest (or the titles for that matter).

message 13: by Melki (new)

Melki Welcome to all new members!

message 14: by Melki (new)

Melki Hi Sam! I've seen you around the UK group!

message 15: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments Melki wrote: "Hi Sam! I've seen you around the UK group!"

Ah damn, busted completey ;-D

message 16: by Melki (new)

Melki If you're doing the around the world challenge, don't forget to add your titles here as well.

And feel free to start a 50 state challege if you read many books set in the US.

message 17: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments Melki wrote: "If you're doing the around the world challenge, don't forget to add your titles here as well.

And feel free to start a 50 state challege if you read many books set in the US."

Thanks Melki, I'll do that and I do read quite a few set in the US so will have to look back and see which states they were in.

message 18: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Welcome everyone! It's so great to have new voices here--not that the old ones aren't well appreciated.

message 19: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Welcome to the group, Sam!

message 20: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments Thanks Stacey :-D

message 21: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Geez, Melki, you get around!

message 22: by Melki (new)

Melki You know Stacey, people could take that a couple of different ways...

message 23: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments I thought that myself, I took it to mean one of the good ways...

message 24: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Oct 06, 2011 11:25AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) Hi Sam! Good to see you over here too!

message 25: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) Welcome, Betsy, Heather, Lois, and Sam! :)

message 26: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments Hi Lynne and thanks Caroline :-)

message 27: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) Should we have an ongoing "Introduce Yourself" thread?

message 28: by Melki (new)

Melki Definitely! And thanks to Sam for unearthing some of the older topics!

message 29: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) Ok. Duh. I see there is an "Introduce Yourself" thread, but it had gotten buried. Glad Sam brought it back to the top. Too bad we can't get it to stay to the top permanently. I guess an "Introduce Yourself" forum could be created instead of a thread, and that way it wouldn't get buried...

message 30: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments Melki wrote: "Definitely! And thanks to Sam for unearthing some of the older topics!"

Hey, it's what new members are for :-D

Caroline wrote: "Ok. Duh. I see there is
an "Introduce Yourself" thread, but it had gotten buried. Glad Sam brought it back to the top. Too bad we can't get it to stay to the top permanently. I guess an "Introduce ..."

I think there is a way, I'm sure I've seen it done in other groups but how they do it is a mystery (to me at least).

message 31: by Sue J (new)

Sue J (sue-j) | 54 comments Welcome everyone .... the more the merrier!

Sue