World of Cthulhu discussion

General > Lovecraft's "The Unnamable" - Performed Live, in a Dead Place - Plus More

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cthulhuwho1 (new)

Cthulhuwho1 | 28 comments Two items have been added to the CthulhuWho1 blog at http://cthulhuwho1.com

And since one of them is very time sensitive, I'm sending this note out to everyone now.

H. P. Lovecraft’s, “The Unnamable” – Performed Live, in a Dead Place! October 21-31, 2010.
Are you ready for a theatrical production in Pasadena, California that includes an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft’s “The Unnamable” performed in a real cemetery?

S. T. Joshi’s Lovecraft Biography “I Am Providence” Finally Arrives – And Contains a Will Hart (CthulhuWho1) Photo!
Will Hart's happy comments on receiving a long-awaited set of S. T. Joshi's H. P. Lovecraft biography, "I Am Providence;" and finally being able to see that it does include a photo taken by, "William E. Hart" (aka Will Hart / CthulhuWho1).

I have also added a minor Lin Carter set to the Authors collection on Flickr at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cthulhuw...

These Lin Carter scans were currently planned, but having scanned them for a friend, I felt I should go ahead and add them in.

I was really working on H. Warner Munn, Frank Belknap Long, E. Hoffmann Price, and of course, H. P. Lovecraft; all in due time.

Will Hart
aka CthulhuWho1

message 2: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Beck | 10 comments Mod
That sounds so cool, being able to see "The Unnamable" in a real cemetery. Thanks for the tip Will, I would check that out if I had the chance.

message 3: by Cthulhuwho1 (new)

Cthulhuwho1 | 28 comments Nicholas,
You are welcome.
I hope you'll take a look at the full details of the cemetery production, and also of S. T. Joshi's new Lovecraft biography on the CthulhuWho1 blog!

The cemetery production just got even more interesting this morning when I got the following in an email:

I am also a big Lovecraft fan and was determined to showcase him in our second Wicked Lit production, especially when I realized we would be able to use the cemetery. As you know, Lovecraft’s work has not been adapted well over the years, and I’m not sure if it has ever been done theatrically, so I wanted to remedy that. My adaptation is actually a combination of “The Unammable” and “The Hound” and a few other Lovecraftian elements from some of his other works and Mythos.

I am really excited about introducing Lovecraft to people who are unfamiliar with him, and especially interested in having Lovecraft fans experience it and hearing their feedback. I do not think they will be disappointed. You move through the cemetery as the story unfolds and it is wired for sound. In the case of the appearance of the “Unammable”, it actually surrounds the audience. The actors are fantastic and my design team is top notch.

Best,

Jeff Rack