WACC- Writers Against Cardboard Characters discussion

Characters H-P > Kei Matsuya

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (last edited Oct 14, 2010 08:10PM) (new)

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) Name: Kei Matsuya

Appearance: Long dark hair, androgynous facial features, thin yet sleekly muscled.

Things you know about the character so far: Is the lead guitarist for J-Metal band Silent Thunder. A perfectionist and used to getting his way.

Things you know about the character's past: His family moved to London when he was ten years old and he lived there until he was eighteen. He was a loner, teased for having an accent and also because he was skinny and too pretty for his own good. But he also kicked a lot of ass, which kept him from being bullied too much. Music was his solace and took up guitar when he was eleven. By the time he was in his mid-teens, he was being asked by local bands to play with them, but his father did would not allow it.

Where you think the character will end up: married to a woman more stubborn and more in your face than he is.

What you want help with: I know he’s stubborn and a perfectionist. I need some ideas as to his motivations and his habits. Also a more in-depth description of his facial features; androgynous is just so generic.

message 2: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 193 comments He should have really long thick eyelashes.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) That works. Long, like feather dusters.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

He should have really girly-looking lips.

message 5: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Skitts (Cassie) wrote: "He should have really girly-looking lips."

*narrows eyes* Don't even go there.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Mitch wrote: "Skitts (Cassie) wrote: "He should have really girly-looking lips."

*narrows eyes* Don't even go there."

Your lips aren't girly; they're just large. You are still firmly a man.

message 7: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Maxy wrote: "Mitch wrote: "Skitts (Cassie) wrote: "He should have really girly-looking lips."

*narrows eyes* Don't even go there."

Your lips aren't girly; they're just large. You are still firmly a man."

And I can prove it. But I won't because I can't believe that just came out of my mouth.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

O.o I'm going to leave now.

message 9: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments No, don't leave.

I'm sorry.

I'll tape my fingers together, see?

ksdutrkudeyhren

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, I love you, Mitch.

But I do have to leave. I'm going to bed now, since I still need to make up for my lost sleep. I actually napped for an hour today! I NEVER take naps!!!

Farewell.

message 11: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments GOODBYE!!!! Have a nice sleep.

message 12: by The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (last edited Oct 17, 2010 10:08PM) (new)

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) Girly-looking lips, hmmm? Never had anyone complain about them, especially women.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Eh?

Fine then. He has feminine hands.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Skitts (Cassie) wrote: "Eh?

Fine then. He has feminine hands."

Abel has feminine hands... which is funny, since he's the most muscular in his group of friends.

message 15: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 34 comments Give him a straight nose, maybe, and he must have an eye color, hmm? From the description maybe dark brown or hazel, and they could be narrow-y and stuff? XD

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) He's a guitarist. Feminine hands with serious callouses since he plays hyper-fast riffs without a pick.

Dark brown eyes, but wears cosmetic contacts for effect.

Okay, what about his motivations and habits. He's a musician so a few quirky ones would make sense.

message 17: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Maxy wrote: "Skitts (Cassie) wrote: "Eh?

Fine then. He has feminine hands."

Abel has feminine hands... which is funny, since he's the most muscular in his group of friends."

So does Alessandro. It gives me great satisfaction that he has his mother's nands.

message 18: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Vixenne wrote: "He's a guitarist. Feminine hands with serious callouses since he plays hyper-fast riffs without a pick.

Okay, what about his motivati..."

Ooh, quirks. *cracks knuckles, rolls up sleeves*

-Is always doing that obnoxious hair-ruffle thing
-hums along to the tune in his head whenever he's sitting still.
-Totally flips out whenever one of his CDs gets scratched, cleans it if there's even a speck of dust on it.
-He could either be a totla slob or a completely obsessive compulsive neat freak.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) Mitch wrote: "Vixenne wrote: "He's a guitarist. Feminine hands with serious callouses since he plays hyper-fast riffs without a pick.

Okay, what ab..."

LOL, now we're talking. Incessant humming, check. Hates scratched CD's, check...

message 20: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments *bows*

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) For some reason, I'm just thinking Keith Richards...maybe 'cause I'm listening to the Stones right now. Though I'm sure Kei isn't going to be the poster child for Just Say No to Drugs, LOL.

message 22: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments *facedesk*

Oh dear. Not the Stones.

Actually, I have nothing against Keith. It's Mick I have a problem with.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) My mother has had a lifelong crush on Mick. The first time I saw the Stones was with her and she screamed like a total fangirl over Mick (kinda cool but not). She also crushes on David Bowie.

I am thinking that Kei could be an artist, like Keith.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Artist? Ronnie's more of the artist.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Vixenne wrote: "My mother has had a lifelong crush on Mick. The first time I saw the Stones was with her and she screamed like a total fangirl over Mick (kinda cool but not). She also crushes on David Bowie.

..."

Oh my gosh. That's kinda awesome. I'm a Stones fan too. But I don't plan on ever screaming like a fangirl over any of them...

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) I don't have a problem fangirling. I'd fangirl over Kei any day!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, I don't have a problem fangirling, I just have a problem fangirling over the Stones. Although, I can understand your mother's lifelong crush. They were much cuter when they were younger.

message 28: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments *facepalm*

This is a nightmare. Cassie + another Stones fan = SCARY

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I suggest learning to live with it.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) Update on Kei Matsuya:

I changed the name of the band to Dominion's End, which sounds a lot more prog (and in case I didn't mention it, he's in a prog band). He decided that he wanted to be American-born Japanese and he also decided that his entire band were going to be Asian-American. He also decided that he was going to live in a haunted Victorian called Shadowside (which just happens to be the name of the novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo last month). Me, I just shut up and wrote what he told me to.

This is what happens when characters attack!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds pretty awesome, Vixenne.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) I'm going to start the edits after Christmas.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm trying to plan out 3 different stories. Wait, make that 4.