Writing Passionates discussion

Advice > HELP PLEASE!!!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments You could have the one guy save the other guy's life...if that's not too cliche.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

good idea

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

or maybe something like the parent trap, where they are enimies and then one thing that they can both relate to destroys the wall that is keeping them apart. that sounded weird

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

thank you!

message 5: by GW (new)

GW Pickle (gwpickle) | 17 comments Here's an idea. The part German becomes really sick in the field. Sick like high fever in a semi coma sick. The guy that dislikes the german is either a medic or has to take care of him. He hears the german talk in is semi coma state about how the Nazi SS tortured either his parents to death or his wife/girlfriend. Remember a lot of Germans were not Nazis, like Schiendler in the book/movie "Schiendler's list." He actually worked against the Nazi war effort by making bad ammunition and getting targeted people out of Germany. Any way after the German recovers the guy who didn't like him has a new respect for him.
G W Pickle

message 6: by Alan (new)

Alan | 10 comments maybe he stops hating the half german as a defensive mechanisim, he tires of the propaganda and see's that its changing him from hating the german to hating himself . Because if he hates a last name it doesnt say alot about himself. He tells the German "ill only hate half of you half the time" the german replies "just hate me if your shot and i carry you half way to safty" they share a rye smile but dont laugh, they pass a smoke to eachother.

message 7: by Alan (new)

Alan | 10 comments oh just a parting comment, i was a soldier. Its hard to explain but you end up liking and becoming so close to the guy next to you for very very strange reasons.it could be as simple as the way he describes his home or his best friend at home.something to ponder about buddy

message 8: by Alan (new)

Alan | 10 comments of course i will, ill have a look at it today

message 9: by Alan (new)

Alan | 10 comments here is a few things you should know, now i only went over part of it (i liked it alot) . the rank of private is shortened to PTE not pvt. You tend to blame everything from the weather to your rations on an officer who is rarely there, or the regiment if your infantry, they supply you and rarely do it well. there called "the queers in the rear with the gear". when on scouting detail ,a section of 9 will have 2 front scouts ,lead and secondary. they should if terrain allows to be 30 meters infront and 10 meters apart using hand signals.the gear is packed tight,no sound. Conversation can get very deep, god ,meaning of life ect gets air time but the most frequent topic is about women. And you never lie about how many how pretty or if you love them, you can tell very easy if someone lie's if there to tired to do think. give me a shout if you have anymore ideas pal

message 10: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (robin10hood) GW, i loved your idea! you should write it. and just so you know, it would work if the guy's mother was tortured before she emigrated.

and Alan, your humour was very funny, i loved it. not the usual cheese...

message 11: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
I have an idea for the original question...maybe the two of them face a danger together, maybe not necessarily life-threatening, but still pretty big; and after they've been through that, it's hard not to respect the other. if that's not to cliche...