Historical Fictionistas discussion

Ancient History (Old Threads) > Southpaw's Crazy Playlist

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by southpaw285 (last edited Oct 14, 2010 07:05PM) (new)

southpaw285 I hope this is okay, and I hope it is in the right place. If not, please let me know and I will delete it.

I've been thinking about this for awhile. Many times when reading a book, a song or two comes to mind. I'm a crazy music person, and I thought it would be fun to make a "playlist" to go with my book(s) as I read them.

I think this will be alot of fun. I know it will be for me, and I hope for others as well.

If you've read the book and a song (or songs) comes to mind, please post it and I will add it to the playlist. Also, please share your own books, songs, playlists, etc.

We need a better name for the topic too, but I can't seem to think of one. Any ideas?

message 2: by southpaw285 (last edited Nov 10, 2010 03:28PM) (new)

southpaw285 I'll start with the one I mentioned a week or so ago...

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

1. "Memorized" by Rebecca Lynn Howard
2. "Crazy For You" by Madonna

"Memorized" is not my idea, it's something I stumbled across on youtube about a year ago. It might fit the movie more than the book - not sure. I'll leave it for now.

The good thing about this one is that it has a HEA.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The book I finsihed last night, that made me waste a box of kleenex today...

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
1. "What Was" - Steve Perry
2. "Better Than Me" - Hinder
3. "Bleeding Love" - Leona Lewis
4. "Out of Goodbyes" - Maroon 5 w/Lady Antebellum

message 3: by southpaw285 (last edited Oct 14, 2010 07:10PM) (new)

southpaw285 I thought of something else. Many times a book may have songs mentioned in them, or a particular type of music. It would be fun to add those songs as well.

message 4: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) Wow that is fantastic idea! I love music as well; although, most of the tine I am reading, my husband is playing Modern Warfare 2 (lots of gunfire and explosions).

message 5: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) | 2795 comments I read the Accorna series to heavy metal. :)

message 6: by southpaw285 (last edited Oct 15, 2010 09:39AM) (new)

southpaw285 jennbunny wrote: "Wow that is fantastic idea! I love music as well; although, most of the tine I am reading, my husband is playing Modern Warfare 2 (lots of gunfire and explosions)."

Thanks, jennybunny. Please feel free to add anything you want, however you want to do it. I'm always interested to see how people connect music to reading or books.

There may be some room for heavy metal, alternative rock, or something connected with the Modern Warefare 2. I can just imagine you reading and him sitting in close proximity firing away on Modern Warefare and things blowing up everywhere...lol

message 7: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "I read the Accorna series to heavy metal. :)"

Wow, Jayme. I think that is great. Would you be willing to make a playlist for it? I'm not familiar with the series, so I don't know how many books that entails (or how long of a period of reading), or even how much music we're talking about. The playlist could be as long or as short as you like, and the booklist too for that matter.

However you would want to put it together would be great. I would love to see it.

message 8: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) | 2795 comments Okay, the Accorna series is fantasy by Anne McCaffrey. Accorna is a "unicorn" girl. The first series is 6 books long. I will put together a playlist when I get home after work.

message 9: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) I am thinking "Crazy for you" by Madonna for Pride and Prejudice

message 10: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Naomi wrote: "I am thinking "Crazy for you" by Madonna for Pride and Prejudice"

Naomi, that is a great idea! I will add it.

message 11: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) Actually southpaw.....I was reading The Passage while all the gunfire, killings and mayhem went on during MW2. It was quite fitting....lol.

message 12: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 jennbunny wrote: "Actually southpaw.....I was reading The Passage while all the gunfire, killings and mayhem went on during MW2. It was quite fitting....lol."

LOL...oh, that is just way to funny!

message 13: by Jayme (last edited Oct 15, 2010 10:33PM) (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) | 2795 comments Okay, the Accorna series by Anne McCaffrey goes in this order:
Accorna
Accorna's Quest
Accorna's People
Accorna's World
Accorna's Search
Accorna's Rebels
Accorna's Triumph

Playlist
1) Precious Jeruselun-Blind Guardian
2) Under the Ice-Blind Guardian
3)Battlefield-Blind Guardian
4)Ashes to Ashes-Blind Guardian
5)Descent of An Archangel-Kamelot
6)Woulda Coulda, Shoulda- Petra
7) Clean-Petra
8) Seen and Not Heard-Petra
9) Jeckyll and Hyde-Petra
10) Underneath the Blood-Petra
11) This Means War-Petra
12) Going Under-Everessance
13) Bring Me To Life-Everessance

message 14: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Wow, Jayme...great playlist! I am familiar with most of the music, but not the books. I will have to check them out.

Thanks for sharing your books/playlist.

message 15: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) | 2795 comments I listen to Petra alot which is a Christian heavy metal band. I know, that sounds like a contradiction in terms.

message 16: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) Well darn it....I thought of a good song to go with a book I recently read and now I cannot remember either....I was so excited to come put it here and now I cannot for the life of me think about what it was.....It is that damn old age catching up to me.

message 17: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Lol, Jenny. I have to write mine down or I forget them. I carry a post-it note pad and an ink pen in my purse, and even have note pads scattered through out my house, so that when I have an idea or need to remember to do something I can write it down right away. If I don't, I move on to something else and forget all about it. I'm old as dirt, so that may be part of my problem.

message 18: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) I have stacks of notes every where....on the counter, in the purse, at work....stuffed in pockets.

message 19: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kristinekae) | 257 comments jennbunny wrote: "I have stacks of notes every where....on the counter, in the purse, at work....stuffed in pockets."

Notes are wonderful, I usually use them at work, the best part is crossing it off when it is done! I even cheat and add stuff I did just so I can cross it off...heehee

message 20: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) I am currently reading Let the Right One In and I am thinking classical music would be good for this book. Something with a cello (although I am partial to cello music).

message 21: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 jennbunny wrote: "I am currently reading Let the Right One In and I am thinking classical music would be good for this book. Something with a cello (although I am partial to cello music)."

Ooooohhh, that sounds wonderful, Jenny.