WACC- Writers Against Cardboard Characters discussion

Characters H-P > Kender

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 15, 2010 09:17AM) (new)

WILL FINISH THIS LATER.

Name: Kender (no last name needed)

Appearance: Kender has slightly large, clear eyes that are a teal sort of color, and they're set back a little in his head. Not to the point where his eyes seem like caverns in his face, but... Anyway. His hair is dark blond, medium thick, and long enough that it about touches his eyebrows, but there will be no hair flips for this guy. I promise. Think of his hair as a dignified kind of shag, if you will. Kender's nose is long and turned up a little at the end. His hands are a bit large. Thin lips. (Need physical flaws!)

What you know about the character so far: He's more snarky than Zamara. It's not sarcasm, so much as a biting sense of humor. He has a quick wit and usually understands things easily, unless he lets emotion get in the way. When he's angry, irritated, or under a lot pressure, his mind has the tendency to slow down and he misses some details. He harbors a lot of self-pity because of his situation (see his past), and he's not always the best at disguising it. He's a bit of a wishful thinker, and a borderline pyromaniac. He's good with animals, but not in a way that it's abnormal. (More to come later. I'm tired.)

What you know about the character's past: He's not an illegitimate child, but his situation is equally frowned upon in his society. He's a neutral person because his father was a Stygian and his mother a Lucent. Because of this, his mother and sister (not sure if she's younger or older than him) are Lucents and he isn't. This causes some emotional turmoil throughout the novel, especially towards the end, when he has to choose whether to side with the Lucents of Stygians. His life has got its share of scandals for sure.

Where you think the character will end up: He falls in love with Zamara towards the end of the novel, but it takes a long time for those feelings to develop. I wouldn't say it's hate at first sight, but they don't instantly like each other. He will have injured Pyre somehow during the last battle. Since Kender will fight with the Lucents, his side of the war wins.

What you want help with: He's the real love interest in my NaNo, so it's crucial that he be round. I'm mainly concerned about his appearance and fleshing out his personality.

[I know I'm posting a ton of characters in this group... It's mainly because I write much more clearly on the computer and I need to get my thoughts organized.]

message 2: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments You can't imagine my joy in seeing this XD

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

What?

message 4: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments Kender

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I know. I'm just confused about why he makes you happy. xD

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Maxy wrote: "WILL FINISH THIS LATER.

Name: Kender (no last name needed)

Appearance: Kender has slightly large, clear eyes that are a teal sort of color, and they're set back a little ..."

Woman, if he has thin lips, he already has a physical flaw.

Shut up, Mitch, your lips are gorgeous. Now if you'd only do a lip popping noise. I bet it'd be really awesome.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, yeah, but he needs more physical flaws. *guilty smile*

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

He has skills with animals.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I was thinking of doing just that. =] Especially because Zamara practically repels them. Okay, not that extreme, but they don't like her much.

Speaking of Zamara, she is refusing to fall in love with him and stay in love with him throughout the entire story. I might have to have them break it off at the end.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I must be going. Farewell!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Maxy wrote: "I was thinking of doing just that. =] Especially because Zamara practically repels them. Okay, not that extreme, but they don't like her much.

Speaking of Zamara, she is refusing to fall in love..."

Okay. You do that.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Maxy wrote: "Well, I must be going. Farewell!"

Goodbye, my lovely!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

ATTENTION:

This character is a part of my NaNo. As you know, there is only one full day left until NaNo. Can you, my friendlies, give me some last-minute help? It would be much appreciated.

I'm mainly worried about the character's past. As long as there's a backstory of some sort, I think I can manage.

THANK YOU!

message 14: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments He has an interesting past if you ask me...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, thank you. *is flattered*

message 16: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments Velcome!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmmm...perhaps he and his parents suffered a lot of ridicule when Kender was growing up?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

*nods* That'll work.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay...now I feel helpful XD

message 20: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 193 comments Maybe he hid the fact that he was neutral to his friends as a kid, because every time new people found out, they shunned him.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh, that sounds like him! Thanks!

message 22: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 193 comments Awesome!

message 23: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments I really want to read this now...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too.

message 25: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments MAXY! Post it on Goodreads?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

YOU SHOULD DO IT, MAXYPADS.

I read what she wrote today. It was awesome. She doesn't like it but I think it's wonderous.

message 27: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments XD Maxypads. I giggle everytime.

Meh, all artists feel that way about their art. But seriously Maxy, post it. Please. For the children!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, all artists feel that way about their art. Except me. Well, most of the time. Sometimes I think I write crap.

message 29: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments Yay for self esteem!

Got to go, dinnah time.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Bye!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

RedPath wrote: "XD Maxypads. I giggle everytime.

Meh, all artists feel that way about their art. But seriously Maxy, post it. Please. For the children!"

Aw, shucks, folks! I will at the end of the week, savvy? I only get on here for fifteen-minute breaks or less, and I have to handwrite this year, so I won't get a chance to type anything up until Saturday or Sunday. I'm glad you like it, Skitts. I'm flattered. =] RP, I'm glad you're so excited for it. Hehe.

I think part of the reason I feel like it's crap is that it's so rushed. Once I write a sentence, I hardly look back on it, so the story kind of seems that way in my mind. Whether it's good or not, though... this story will be pretty rocky.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, rocky rocks.

message 33: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments MOSH PIT!

Me? Random spam? Pssh, naw...