Terminalcoffee discussion

Shebangs > Holiday gift exchange / Secret Santa / Hanukah/Kris Kringle /Sinterklaas / Viejo Pascuero - CLOSED FOR NEW TAKERS

Comments Showing 1-50 of 435 (435 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I'm in.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm in. Should there be a limit on how much can be spent?

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think I'm in.

message 4: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I'm in!

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I think I'm in. Is this like where you draw names and we each get one person to send a gift to? If so, I think I can handle that.

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i'm in.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm in!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'll share the credit, since you took it and ran with it, Barb. I'm an idea person, like Kevin.

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Include me, please.

message 10: by Brittomart (last edited Oct 13, 2010 02:33PM) (new)

Brittomart I'm in! I love Secret Santa! Can we call it Secret Santa or does that offend someone?

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Britt wrote: "I'm in! I love Secret Santa! Can we call it Secret Santa or does that offend someone?"

Not if you keep it a secret.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Include me in but I might have to cover who ever picks me for the additional postage. :)

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Is it really that expensive, Gail? I don't think I'd give a crap about the extra postage.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I have no idea how much it would cost. I just didn't want to put anyone to any extra expense. :)

message 15: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments You're nice, Gail. I love everyone.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Awhhhhh. I love everyone too.

::Blows kiss to all TC members::

message 17: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) count me in

message 18: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments (you can secretly give me gail's name and i will cover all postage)

message 19: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Gail, I know that postage on small packages - like CD-sized for instance - going TO Australia from the States isn't really that bad. I assume the same holds true for packages heading back the other way.

message 20: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Extra postage wouldn't bother me either.

Can Gail blow kisses again, I wasn't paying attention, and mine blew right past. :)

message 21: by Mayra (new)

Mayra (MayraM) | 25 comments If it,s not a such big deal sending something to Australia, maybe you wont mind including Chile (South America), if thats the case... I´m in.

message 22: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments No problem here Mayra.

message 23: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments chi-chi-chi
li-li-li......

message 24: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments What a great story to have the miners all get out safely, there aren't always a lot of feel good stories on the news anymore.

message 25: by Mayra (new)

Mayra (MayraM) | 25 comments I know it´s been a crapy year with the earthqueake and all. But today I can say everyone´s breakfast tasted better, it´s a happy week now.

message 26: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I'm glad!

message 27: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Hey, y'all, I know this has nothing to do with anything, but I just made my first A+ on a paper

message 28: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments You still have my address Barb or do you need it again?

message 29: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Britt wrote: "Hey, y'all, I know this has nothing to do with anything, but I just made my first A+ on a paper"

WHOO!

message 30: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Yay Britt!

message 31: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Britt wrote: "Hey, y'all, I know this has nothing to do with anything, but I just made my first A+ on a paper"

Great job, Britt!!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I have no problem with the extra postage, as long as that comes with an understanding about me getting to stay with Gail or Mayra if I ever get to their countries for a visit. :)

message 33: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "I have no problem with the extra postage, as long as that comes with an understanding about me getting to stay with Gail or Mayra if I ever get to their countries for a visit. :)"

What Jackie said!

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments What smetchie said!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

The spare bed is already made up Jackie. :)

::blows kiss to Jim::

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Thanks, Gail! And if you ever get to the northwest, you can stay with me. :)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay.

::packing my bags::

message 38: by Lori (new)

Lori Hey I'm in! To wherever in the world.

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I am no stranger to international postage. No problems with Australia, Chile, or Canada.

message 40: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i want, i want, the postage is a little crazy though.

message 41: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments it means i'm not sure yet.

message 42: by Mayra (new)

Mayra (MayraM) | 25 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "I have no problem with the extra postage, as long as that comes with an understanding about me getting to stay with Gail or Mayra if I ever get to their countries for a visit. :)"

No problem, if ever in Chile, i´ll give you a tour and a place to stay, i hope it goes both ways though, maybe i´ll be doing some travelling someday. Wouldn´t it be funny though if Gail and I were each other secret santas? all the extra postage on us foreings...who knows, it could happen.

message 43: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments if you people in far away lands (like janine, gail or mayra) get my name you can just do a gift to someone there in my honor to save postage. just get a photo of them with my gift LOL

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Awesome, Mayra! And if you ever make it anywhere near Seattle, I'll do the same for you. :)

message 45: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Barb wrote: "Anyone interested? I'd be willing to co-ordinate, which would only really include the collecting of mailing addresses, drawing names and forwarding the names to participants. This way, only 2 peo..."

IN IN IN IN IN LIKE MOTHaF**KING FLINN!

message 46: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i love sally

message 47: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments For any of you that are worried about the cost of international shipping, I looked up some rates. It looks like the most economical way to send a package is with the flat rate shipping boxes/envelopes from USPS. Flat rate shipping to Canada for a small box (8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8" up to 4lbs.) is $11.45 USD. The same sized box shipped to Australia, Chile, or the Netherlands is $13.45 USD. Flat rate for a medium sized box (13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8" or 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" up to 20lbs.) is $26.95 USD to Canada and $43.45 USD to Australia, Chile, or the Netherlands.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice work Alecia.

message 49: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yes, but if you put something in an envelope, Alecia, is it cheaper? If you get someone an ornament or something you can probably just put it in a padded envelope.

Now I'm in the mood to send someone something.

message 50: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I don't know RA, I haven't figured out how to get quotes for one of those padded envelopes...the little estimator thingy won't let me get that specific. The flat rate envelopes aren't padded, but the price runs the same as a small box. I suppose you could use your own bubble wrap and voila, you've got a padded envelope. Damn, now I gotta know...time to head to the post office and play 20 questions. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9